User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    So what I've learned so far:

ENTPs are seen as manipulative Dr. House types.

ENFPs are seen as idealistic advocates who come to the rescue of people being bullied.

And both types love hilarious bouncing cartoon boobs.
    Boobage aside. I think Dr. House is an ENTPs childishly (bad Fe) worsened state. While Jack Sparrow is an ENTPs more childlike (clumsy Fe) gregarious state. Both are aware on how to use people to their Ne-ed advantage and using their Ti to figure things out. House wants more puzzles b/c he's trapped from adventuring out whereas Sparrow wants adventure b/c he used to be trapped after getting himself out of puzzles... I add/edit: both are afraid of people but the difference is that House is being childish by hurting people to push them away out of fear and he knows what it's like being close to them (and from that knows how to strike hard) Whereas Sparrow is childlike in not knowing how to approach people so he pushes them away out fear and he doesn't know what it's like being close to people (and doesn't know that he might be striking but it's not that hard compared to House. It's more a tease). Oh, but both liked boobs. One was just a bit more lucky in gettin' some and he had more range to net'em in.. And now I need to find someone who's more balanced... I haven't read Captain Nemo in depth to know him but what do you think er nemo? I think so far he's an ENTP just by description but.... aside from being an anti-hero, was he an emotionally healthy individual in the end? Ya know, overcoming himself and suchsss.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I want to type it so badly, but, much to my dismay, I c-nt.
    I can't go crash into sleep now. Sigh. Keep'em coming, Cap'n C-nt!

Quote Originally Posted by Uber
    That seems more like the Fe Ni combo of the ENFJ to me.
    Uber, you're wrong. ENFPs can be idealistic advocates blah blah what nemo said.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENTPs are seen as manipulative Dr. House types.

ENFPs are seen as idealistic advocates who come to the rescue of people being bullied.

And both types love hilarious bouncing cartoon boobs.
    yes, yes, and absolutely.

About bouncing boobs... I wonder if mine bounce/move/jiggle when I'm gesticulating a point...how embarrassing, if they do!!!

Just yesterday I was talking to a small group of male grad students and professors about alarm calls, and the evolution of sociality and communication, and the concept of the monkeysphere...all excited, and animated while gesticulating my points, donned in a red fitted tank top (it was like 85 deg. F), I'm sure they heard, "blah blah blah, bouncing boobs!"
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It does seem that N's, regardless of E/I preference, have a greater dislike for other people
    Interesting, I often wonder if it is my N, or my F, or if it's both my N and F combined together, that facilitate, and or foster, my misanthropy,
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Zzzz

Interesting, I often wonder if it is my N, or my F, or if it's both my N and F combined together, that facilitate, and or foster, my misanthropy,
    It's people--

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

yes, yes, and absolutely.

About bouncing boobs... I wonder if mine bounce/move/jiggle when I'm gesticulating a point...how embarrassing, if they do!!!

Just yesterday I was talking to a small group of male grad students and professors about alarm calls, and the evolution of sociality and communication, and the concept of the monkeysphere...all excited, and animated while gesticulating my points, donned in a red fitted tank top (it was like 85 deg. F), I'm sure they heard, "blah blah blah, bouncing boobs!"
    Well this is clearly a question that can be settled with rigorous scientific, ahem, testing.

I'm glad I don't have boo-- no wait, what am I saying.... I'm glad I don't have to worry about guys staring at specific parts of my body. Having guys gawk over you must feel... gross. Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    Boobage aside. I think Dr. House is an ENTPs childishly (bad Fe) worsened state. While Jack Sparrow is an ENTPs more childlike (clumsy Fe) gregarious state. Both are aware on how to use people to their Ne-ed advantage and using their Ti to figure things out. House wants more puzzles b/c he's trapped from adventuring out whereas Sparrow wants adventure b/c he used to be trapped after getting himself out of puzzles... And now I need to find someone who's more balanced... I haven't read Captain Nemo in depth to know him but what do you think er nemo? I think so far he's an ENTP just by description but.... aside from being an anti-hero, was he an emotionally healthy individual in the end? Ya know, overcoming himself and suchsss.
    I'm not sure about Captain Nemo... I might actually guess INTJ for him -- he had that strong inner vision thing. But I haven't read 20,000 Leagues in a loooong time. Could very well be ENTP though.

He most certainly was not a healthy character though. He was consumed with grief over the loss of his family and felt rejected by the world. But he was also very human; he'd go out of his way to save stranded people and so on. He also naturally sided with underdogs a lot. Very tragic character, overall. Worth reading, just because he's such a cool character.

A healthy fictional ENTP? I dunno. I know other websites have typed Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes as an INFP, but to me that kid is the living embodiment of Ne, and I'd guess he's ENP, and a pretty healthy one at that.

Edit: Hahaha, I like how DD set the boobage aside and CC expanded on it. I also like how I can refer to either of you with just two consonants.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well this is clearly a question that can be settled with rigorous scientific, ahem, testing.

I'm glad I don't have boo-- no wait, what am I saying.... I'm glad I don't have to worry about guys staring at specific parts of my body. Having guys gawk over you must feel... gross. Ew.

I'm not sure about Captain Nemo... I might actually guess INTJ for him -- he had that strong inner vision thing. But I haven't read 20,000 Leagues in a loooong time. Could very well be ENTP though.

He most certainly was not a healthy character though. He was consumed with grief over the loss of his family and felt rejected by the world. But he was also very human; he'd go out of his way to save stranded people and so on. He also naturally sided with underdogs a lot. Very tragic character, overall. Worth reading, just because he's such a cool character.

A healthy fictional ENTP? I dunno. I know other websites have typed Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes as an INFP, but to me that kid is the living embodiment of Ne, and I'd guess he's ENP, and a pretty healthy one at that.

Edit: Hahaha, I like how DD set the boobage aside and CC expanded on it. I also like how I can refer to either of you with just two consonants.
    I'd agree that Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes" is an E and not an I. Bill Watterson (a definite introvert) even stated in an interview that was a way he didn't relate to Calvin and considered himself more like Hobbes.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know what a typical NFP is like, but I do think that I am very ENFP-ish, however.
    Go on...
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Zzzz

Uh, can't you have girls staring blah blah too? YES you can! Both can stare at both, both can be stared by both...

Thanks for explaing Cap'n Nemo at least... but not commenting with my House/Sparrow!
    Now hurry up, comment and agree, you P. Jeh.

Actually, I counted on her doing it (I even asked her too earlier. Still sleepy?) You too but more her. Even that aside was meant to entice (edit: and I did add/edit: it in a second time, no asides..). CC She's more reliable, you're more gullible! I thought you'd know my Ni better by now. How sad.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    It's people--
    How dare I forget!!!

And please forgive me for having what was ultimately a dumb brunette moment.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Zzzz

How dare I forget!!!

And please forgive me for having what was ultimately a dumb brunette moment.
    You are forgiven, easily. It happens. Boobage to boobage! (Psst. I'm the GREEN one! We both know I'd be it more often than not..)