User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Yes, it is true that at times we do not like confrontation, however, we, or I, at least, will/would *never* "let people get away with all kinds off stuff (solely) to be loved". If I am desperate of anything in regards to relating with others, it would be that of making an honest connection, and not of needing to feel loved or admired by them.
    I think it's also that ENFPs will confront when someone they care for is being attacked (or themselves too), as indicated by nemo's friend and what I've learned of ENFPs. Do they like it? No or not always. And it might feel good defending the weak or your friend or yourself. I certaintly enjoy playing Justice. It's Poetic to me... But you'll do it because you feel it's the appopriate thing to do! I recall your defense of your friend CN and that guy. (and well, the rest of it which you can ignore if I triggered your memory or explaining myself certaintly did so...er.... But again, demonstrating you'll confront when you feel it's right to do so! Huzzah!)

Originally Posted by Desert Flower
    but on the other hand they can come across as tactless and cruel.

Tactless? At times, yes. Cruel? Never.
    I think, the missing link here, is that ENFPs (or any other Type) can seem tactless and cruel but that doesn't mean that the ENFP (or any other Type) is deliberately being so. A person may very well misperceive the ENFP. And really, DF, I think if that particular ENFP is being cruel towards someone, if they really are and are not misperceived as being so, then that's just an ENFP who's uspet or emotionally unhealthy. Can happen to any Type-- INFJ, ESTJ etc.

This is so antithetical to the person I am, and the way I conduct myself, that it damn near renders me speechless. I am assuming that most, if not all other ENFPs would agree that this behavior is not indicative of them.
    Yea, I was a bit irked too lol. So, again DF, I'll say those ENFPs are just emotionally unhealthy/upset should they 'backlash' and again any other Type can do the same, albiet differently or through different stages.

It's been my experience that girls who are "sweet", tend not only to have retractable fangs, but to also harbor insidious intentions.
    No CC, don't listen to the station you're at! Tune the stereo into a better one! (But I know you said in your exp, so and no, I'm not entirely seen as sweet. Depends. Sometimes I'm told I'm cold or distant or just a weirdo!! )

Quote Originally Posted by CC!!!!!!!
    On the phone right now.

Hiya DD!!!!!
    Hiiiiiii! I was waiting on ya! Oh man, another xxxP who's multitasking while being on the phone. I must study this secret.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I believe most ENFPs, like myself, are BIG into sincerity.

I wear my emotions on my face, and reveal my intentions in my words, and if there is anything more that I hate than being forced or being phony, it is that of being forced to be fake/phony.
    Hm...sincerity might not be the right word...at least not when it comes to discussion and arguments. I think ENFPs are just good at equivocation tactics, whereas ENTPs are usually a lot more straightforward or at least tactful. From what I have observed, when it comes to discussion ENFPs just don't have any scruples about misrepresenting or exaggerating people's ideas in order to get their goat. Whereas ENTPs will maintain the integrity of an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Hm...sincerity might not be the right word...at least not when it comes to discussion and arguments. I think ENFPs are just good at equivocation tactics, whereas ENTPs are usually a lot more straightforward or at least tactful. From what I have observed, when it comes to discussion ENFPs just don't have any scruples about misrepresenting or exaggerating people's ideas in order to get their goat. Whereas ENTPs will maintain the integrity of an idea.
    Again as I said to DF, you're speaking of emotionally unhealthy/upset ENFPs. I used the Teritary Temptation examples also in response to your other post to show how both ENFPs and ENTPs re/act when feeling pressure from their Inferior functions. ENTPs can be just as bad, albeit a bit differently than ENFPs, when they're emotionally unhealthy/upset too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I take it back, ENFPs are also smartasses, just in a different way.

CC, I think you're an ENFP. Reason being is that you're connected to others to the point where I'd expect you to be in part defined by them and yet you baulk at the idea of being defined by others or pigeonholed by a system. Apparently this is characteristic of an ENFP. Also you're comments are more familiar and on a personal level than ENTPs tend to.

I know that's not the question asked but I figured that may offer some insight into the question you did ask

Oh and as for the smartass remark, I figure ENTPs get it for their "ah yes but" responses and ENFPs are also prone to similar behaviour (IME). It's the kind of thing where you go "the sun will rise tomorrow" and you get back "ahh yes but if it dies overnight then it won't be a sun" or some such tangent.

It's not a behaviour solely seen in those types, just more prevalent IME.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    blah blah blah
    I just have to remark that this is the first time I've seen another person's Siggie possibly more irritating to the eyes than my own. I particularly enjoy aelan's insightful remark. I concur.

Carry on, people...

MBTI
    ENFP

[QUOTE=Desert Flower;158885]
    This is interesting. At times, ENFPs don't like confrontation and will let people get away with all kinds off stuff to be loved, but on the other hand they can come across as tactless and cruel. Is this cruelty only directed at people that ENFPs feel are weaker than them and can't strike back? Or is it some type of backlash from trying to be so nice all the time and keeping the anger pent up?

I find that a person's anger and cruelty tends to be proportional to their sweetness...this is what causes me to feel distrustful of the ENFP I am interacting with.
    Its not so much as built up anger, though it sometimes can be. Its just when you tolerate something for so long, letting it go, you would expect the other person to understand that it doesnt sit well with you.
    What bothers me is that some people take advantage of your niceness, and dont change. So I burst out....not in a damaging way most of the time anyway. Its not bad anger, just annoyance and frustration. Sometimes it can get bad yes! Like banging doors! But that happens like maybe once a year.

oh and this anger is not against weaker people...when it comes out it sees no one. All are equal in its path! What makes me furious is injustice, and I express that very openly...without regret and remorse.

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh and as for the smartass remark, I figure ENTPs get it for their "ah yes but" responses and ENFPs are also prone to similar behaviour (IME). It's the kind of thing where you go "the sun will rise tomorrow" and you get back "ahh yes but if it dies overnight then it won't be a sun" or some such tangent.
    Thankyou Xander!! for taking that comment back. I was beginning to think which planet have I been all this time? Because I do consider myself as intelligent and also I dont care what people think/say about me, hence I am NOT defined by others.

lol..funny about the sun comment. This happened at work when my colleague looked out of the window and the sun was setting. He said its beautiful sunset. I said "Oh but the sun doesnt set, its the earth that is rotating around it, giving the impression that the sun is setting. So visually some things can be deceptive. The Reality is different to how we sometimes perceive things" hehe.... He was like lol. poor guy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Thankyou Xander!! for taking that comment back. I was beginning to think which planet have I been all this time? Because I do consider myself as intelligent and also I dont care what people think/say about me, hence I am NOT defined by others.
    A negative feedback ENFP? Well I never.

I'm still not buying it till I get written proof though.

Note that I never made any comment in regards to an ENFPs intelligence though. I tend to find most ENFPs to be quite clever, if a little scatty. The one I've known for years I'd rate as more intelligent than I am but I'd still be comfortable putting him in the box of "defined by others". It's not an insult, just an observation.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I think it's also that ENFPs will confront when someone they care for is being attacked (or themselves too), as indicated by nemo's friend and what I've learned of ENFPs. Do they like it? No or not always. And it might feel good defending the weak or your friend or yourself. I certaintly enjoy playing Justice. It's Poetic to me... But you'll do it because you feel it's the appopriate thing to do! I recall your defense of your friend CN and that guy.
    9 out of 10 times, I will actively respond and defend a person whom I witness being wrongfully attacked. And the 1 out of the 10 times I don't, I end up feeling like a complete shitbox about it. Mean people suck, and I have zero tolerance for bullies and sadistic pricks (I've been known to make them cry, and even apologize!)

Over all, I enjoy defending the innocent, and I enjoy supporting what's true.

*I have always identified with the child in the fairytale, The Emperor's New Clothes

Oh, and I was right, CN's guy ended up being a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Sometimes I'm told I'm cold or distant or just a weirdo!! )
    Like, duh.

Didn't you know that all individuals possessing a vagina+intelligence+insight+wit = mutant freaks of nature!!!!

Behold...she thinks!?!?!!

CC, I think you're an ENFP. Reason being is that you're connected to others to the point where I'd expect you to be in part defined by them and yet you baulk at the idea of being defined by others or pigeonholed by a system. Apparently this is characteristic of an ENFP. Also you're comments are more familiar and on a personal level than ENTPs tend to.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

but I'd still be comfortable putting him in the box of "defined by others". It's not an insult, just an observation.
    I still disagree!!!