User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    unbelieveable and yet the meaning was conveyed. Isnt that beautiful, what more do you need
    I know this was a beautiful way to end it, but I have to ask...

What was the message?

I even thought I knew it before I read it over again and realize I was lost. Is it ENFPs (wo/man) are womanly, but masculine within. And ENTP are masculine on the outsie, but womanly within?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, tho it's rather more a joke cause I suck at anything else
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I feel ya.
    It always sucks when you have to explain a joke.
    Star Trek facepalm

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes, tho it's rather more a joke cause I suck at anything else
    i know you ENTPs can be fuzzballs on the inside

ps i know it's obvious but i really love that your username has ENTP in it

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My boyfriend accused me of being an ENTP last night.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

What did ya do to receive such an insult?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It's cute that you insult each other through the language of typology.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

he's lost his damn mind.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    yes, absolutely. my thoughts regarding this is that Fi is very individual, which means that each EFP constructs their own personal value system. but Ti is less personal, even though it is an internal process too - Ti isn't intimately connected with identity (right?), but Fi is. and i also think that's why i think Fi dom/auxs are so sensitive. questioning of our decisions is felt somewhat as a questioning of our selves, because we put so much of our selves into each of our decisions.
    I would suggest the bold is incorrect. The ENTPs I know cling and self define using Ti as much as we do Fi. They hold those decisions/ideas just as tightly as we do our Fi values.

also, ENFPs are certainly not known to be gentle wielding Te in argument, but i wouldn't call it "cruel" - not mean and not evil. what i would call it is "blunt" - disregarding tact - which can seem cruel. on the other hand, the way ENTPs can use Fe can seem cruel to an ENFP too. it can seem like ENTPs don't really care about other people, and just use other people's emotions to get what they want.
    It can be really, really blunt...

Also, as we went into on the INFJ thread...

Te users are Fe blind...so I totally miss Fe subtle suggestions and dont catch Ti sarcasm-like the play on entropies funny quote. Thus we appear oblivious and rude. We also will use Te to reach a solution quickly.

Note as an Fi user I perceive Fe to be controlling...almost a visceral insult against my core rather than a simple social rebuke, that a typical Fe suggestion is meant to be. I misunderstand the Fe and overreact.

In the same way a Ti user seems to take our bluntly wielded Te as an insult, seemingly implying their Ti-their core-has no value, rather than understanding our Te is a simple blunt assertion where we seek back and forth correction. I think the entps can misunderstand our Te and overreact in a symmetrical way.

one - ENFPs don't always really see their values that clearly. i have a few very deep values that are clear (all humans are inherently valuable and worthy of love), but other things are not so clear to me, like my thoughts on animal rights. i really enjoy talking about those with other people and change my opinions on it often. INFPs are actually more like what you've described than ENFPs, since they have Fi as their dominant process.
    TOTALLY. For a long time I thought I was a totally fucked up enfp...I couldnt list a set of values....I thought in terms of principles instead of "values". Your thought above is totally my clone.

two - if someone makes good points and doesn't purposefully offend me in the process, i love to discuss things with them. like this post, for instance. i felt a little bit annoyed that you don't really respect ENFPs in general, but i don't think you meant that to attack me personally, or other ENFPs personally. i could just be saying angry things to you, but i see that it's much more pleasant and useful to both of use to have a more neutral discussion. still, to me, all of that discussion does not have to be logical. it can be, sure, but it doesn't have to be logical for it to be meaningful and important, or to change my mind about things so that i can grow. a lot of things that are very meaningful to me and that have changed the way i think - poetry, artwork, music - are not very logical themselves.
    That bit of annoyance you describe is "defensive Fi". After awhile here it can grow to massive animosity across the EXTP divide as we keep poking at each other. But you kind do what I do, and make it settle down....then try and stay neutral. cool!

There is a nasty cycle that gets set up across this divide...

1. the entp sense weird Fi ness when Fi does something bizarrely Fi like...
    2. it offends their fairly rudimentary Fe (not bad Fe, just not the same level of resolution as an Fe dom or aux, thus I think it gives you guys a more visceral feeling of repulsion)
    3. Since the Fe values are being encoded as how to make a Ti people system functional, the Fe represents a Ti principle kinda. So they actually become somewhat logically offended.
    4. In typical Ti fashion they start asking probing questions to try and make the Ti internal system make sense against what they are seeing-the crazy Fi crap...this questioning can be very critical and pointed and contain a lot of Fe style critical commentary.
    5. The enfp perceives this as an attack on Fi-true as the entps are trying to understand Fi-but since Fi is our core and defines us, the critical questions hurt as we misunderstand the Fe overtones as critical Fi condemnation...it triggers a massive Te bitchslap, where that annoyance you notice becomes a nasty punch back at the entps.

and then we all spiral down the toilet of insanity ....almost like it amplifies with each round, getting more and more insane....

but i suspect if you asked him about it, you would be surprised to find out that he didn't actually mean to hurt anyone - he probably felt like he was just protecting himself and his ideas. i imagine that, to him, the questioning felt like questioning of personal integrity, even though to Ti, it's obviously just checking out the idea. i feel this way when i argue sometimes - and i'll say hurtful things by accident in argument because i'm very emotional and Fi tends to point to ways to argue that aim at the person, instead of their ideas.
    Fi has much forgiveness for forgiving intent. Fe has very limited forgiveness for intent. Thus it doesnt really matter if I didnt mean to hurt them....I still hurt them.

enfps rationalize externally with Te...entps think we are making excuses.
    enfps are balls of fluffy silly cuteness....entps will assume we are actually being manipulative underneath that somehow.

I could keep this up for days....

Having said that I love my entp best friend and we went to lunch and talked about power struggles, sex and ejaculation related to biological reporduction and womens' lib, why Te sucks,why Fe sucks, why Fi users are a bunch of whiny cry babies, why Ti users are evil and mean and how sexy intp men seem to be to entp chicks and why and how enfps like to touch everyone because we think you love us if you sleep with us, right????? All this ^^ in half an hour....hehehe, I love her to death...we fight and argue about MBTI more than anything else....but its great fun!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

What makes them so different??

And what makes them similar? (I dunno, are they even?!)

Also, I would appreciate when sharing your thoughts on this topic, if you could try to focus on relaying your personal opinions based on the observations you have made between the two types, or, if you happen to be either of these types, if you could briefly describe yourself in a paragraph or three.

It would please me much if all ENFPs and ENTPs would share their autobiographical self perceptions/descriptions.

And thank you in advance for indulging my curiosities!!!
    Far as similarities go, both types are zany, random, crazy and fun because they're Ne-dominant. However, the opposing Judging functions make the two types very different in other aspects. Assuming the tertiary is not developed, ENFPs have bubbly, over-the-top, crazy personalities, are very helpful and quite emotional, always weaving complex fantasies. We make great writers overall. ENTPs by comparison are more ideas people. They're constantly churning out new ways to improve on what they see, bouncing around and generally driving everybody nuts -- but in an amusing way.

If the tertiary is develop the differences intensify. ENFPs develop Te and while the difference may narrow superficially due to them becoming more logical and NT-ish, their demeanor resembles more that commonly associated with ENTJs -- brash, curt, businesslike. I'm very late into this stage of development (despite my young age), and for this reason a lot of people don't believe I'm ENFP. Of course, because of the very personal nature of Fi it's very possible for ENFPs to be perfectly jaded, cynical, and generally unagreeable without ever developing Te.

ENTPs by comparison develop Fe and become, erm, less annoying. They're not quite as calculating and organized as balanced ENFPs, but they develop charismatic leadership abilities, and a knack for reading people that they very often use to their advantage -- much like the infamous manipulative ESTP wheeler-dealers, but a good deal more spacey than them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole