• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP vs. ENTP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No you aren't, drop it. This is an Fi thread through and through! We can smell what you are really feeling which is annoyed dejection. Would you like a hug to pander to your sensibilities?

This.

lol we were both like "silly Fe users and their attempts to guilt trip us" and responded at the same time

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No you aren't, drop it. This is an Fi thread through and through! We can smell what you are really feeling which is annoyed dejection. Would you like a hug to pander to your 'include me!! include me!!' sensibilities?

Actually the thread is about ENFP and ENTPs, not Fi and my mood right now is one of boredom (mixed with a little bit of sleepy). Nice try but. I know you have a major chip on your shoulder when it comes to ENTPs so I don't care to attempt to influence your views at all, I also don't take them seriously, hence my minimal effort in response to your bait.

I'm just here for the fun.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w6 or 6w5

Tone, tone, everything tone. Otherwise, I could not care less.

whichever of those you are, you must be very healthy as you lack the insecurity of the 6 and the passivity of the 5

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
whichever of those you are, you must be very healthy as you lack the insecurity of the 6 and the passivity of the 5

I don't agree with the use of healthy at all in typology LINK; but regardless, what you see as healthy laid back critical analysis tempered with even ethical purpose others view as hateful/angry/arrogant. Such is life and such is me and such simply 'is' by being so :D

If one wants a different output from the process then provide a different input is the answer. I love people from all types, however some people in all types I loathe due to their individual characteristics which they prefer of their type. They aren't unhealthy, it's their choice to be who they are... so what? They wouldn't have it any other way, neither would I.

3ggminey

MBTI Type
Enfp
I'm gonna guess that the ENFP is more of the mean and selfish control freak or cold and calculating bitch (no offense) because of their tertiary Te, while the ENTP is more of the charming, subtly manipulative type because of their tertiary Fe.

Ne will give an ENFP an idea, and they will express their idea in a forceful way due to Te, but according to their values because of Fi. For example, since ENFPs are not necessarily nice, they will likely dream up the most sadistic ideas for revenge on someone who wronged them.

Ne will give an ENTP an idea in a similar manner, which they will express in a more superficial charm sort of way because of their tertiary Fe, but they rationalize their desires better because of Ti.

Ti and Fe (at a lower profile) lead ENTPs to be more bouncy and airy in their expression of crazy Ne ideas, while the Fi, and Te (at a lower profile) would lead ENFPs to be more passionate, forceful, and values-oriented in their expression of crazy Ne ideas.

I must say there are 2 different kinds of ENFPs, a typical Enfp- loving, playful, perceptive and want to get an extra squeeze out of life. a idealistic ENFP- idealistic, sarcastic, scatterbrained, dozed off (tyler,the creator). I am a Idealistic ENFP, i will admit, i do not have the patience to be a psychiatrist, my idealism sometimes takes over and i just want to kill the person for their incompetence, and the sarcasm really comes with Te being over streched, i use my Fi to be unknown, unreadible to my advantage and narcissistic. What im trying to say that not all ENFPs are the same and some call us loving and some call us cold, but it depends on how developed, external modifications, and values that drive you. An example- I tend to say curse words alot, it is overwhelming at times, but the reason i say them is because i make fun of the people that say bad words with meaning, and i get annoyed at the people that get offended by bad words.. Its frustrating that people base everything off of tangible evidence. I just want to tare all of the systems, traditions, and religions that limit us from becoming better human beings. And for something so small as a bad word will make someone mad makes me wanna say them more and more. LOL call me twisted

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are knights for justice and defenders of the weak. we hold heroic, fiery convictions that only another FP could understand.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs by contrast are perpetual problem solvers and innovators. they approach life like a puzzle that they find creative new ways of putting together

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They share the same dominant function (Ne). The biggest difference is probably Fi vs. Ti as an auxiliary function, making the ENFP much more values based and the ENTP leaning more towards analytical Ti based judgment. It's why ENTPs like to to argue a lot more than ENFPs.