I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

ENFP vs ENTP

Ne definitely is common for both of them. So their behavior can be very similar. But ENFP's are people oriented and ENTP's are not that much. I mean they both love to interact with people but their interests are different. I would say also that ENFP's are better in understading what other people are feeling whereas ENTP's are better in objective thinking.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

BUMP! sorry for this somewhat obnoxious action of bumpage but i completely agree with what captain chick has said and a lot of you who argue against her really don't know ENFP's very well at all. tactless and cruel? ENFP's are not cruel. we have that F function that tells us ti get along with everyone. NF together make us theorize and think a lot about morality itself. i am also big on sincerity like what CC said herself and it's no coincidence. for an ENFP to be cruel, you really need to have crossed the line. go search up ENFP's on mypersonality.info. you'll find that being warm is a common characteristic amongst us.

MBTI
    GONE

Yeah, funny enough we're supposed to be at least present in the population, if not common. Maybe we all spend so much time wanderng around hiding behind our masks so that we can pass by one of our own kind without any bleep of recognition on our radars...
    Sadly I think this may be part of it. Also, I think the personality trajectory of ENFP depends *a lot* on maturity level, life experience, and the weighting of the functions. And a big difference between a strong 'E' (more stereotypical ENFP) and a moderate or weak 'E' makes a pronounced difference in ENXP.

I'm not really sure how easily an ENFP would recognize another ENFP IRL. I've recognized an ENTP IRL before, but that's about it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Sadly I think this may be part of it. Also, I think the personality trajectory of ENFP depends *a lot* on maturity level, life experience, and the weighting of the functions. And a big difference between a strong 'E' (more stereotypical ENFP) and a moderate or weak 'E' makes a pronounced difference in ENXP.

I'm not really sure how easily an ENFP would recognize another ENFP IRL. I've recognized an ENTP IRL before, but that's about it.
    Agreed. This is coming from a person who has a weak E, N, F, and P. Meaning, I do not exhibit the 'normal' ENFP traits, necessarily.

I have phases. Sometimes I am like a stereotypical ENFP, especially when I am excited about an idea. Othertimes, I am totally not. Guess that happens with people with relatively balanced functions. Anyone else have a similar experience?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    BUMP! sorry for this somewhat obnoxious action of bumpage but i completely agree with what captain chick has said and a lot of you who argue against her really don't know ENFP's very well at all. tactless and cruel? ENFP's are not cruel. we have that F function that tells us ti get along with everyone. NF together make us theorize and think a lot about morality itself. i am also big on sincerity like what CC said herself and it's no coincidence. for an ENFP to be cruel, you really need to have crossed the line. go search up ENFP's on mypersonality.info. you'll find that being warm is a common characteristic amongst us.
    you've obviously never experienced an ENFP in juggernaut mode (tertiary Te)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    you've obviously never experienced an ENFP in juggernaut mode (tertiary Te)
    But to describe ENFPs as essentiall cruel is a very very very serious misjudgement. ENFPs in health cases are not cruel as a personality trait. An individual would almost certainly be either misintrepreting the ENFPs actions/words/intentions or have seriously hurt/annoyed/attacked the said ENFP before cruelness would start.

I have been cruel to people but never intentionally, except when I percieved cruelty leveled at me.

ENFPs have switches.

We have a silly switch which when thrown will send us into a crazy gaga land of jokes, stunts, and general messing about.

On a more serious note we have a defence/gone to far/time to act switch and it is a switch. We allow ourselves to be moulded into a situation or we'll bend on our principals/values to try to make situations work or improve. Eventually, once we see that this compromise isn't being recipricated or appreciated we switch back into being entirely ourselves. This is why ENFPS can suddenly snap and spontaneously take action to correct a situation; cut off a costly friendship/leave a partner/quit their job. These actions come seemingly out of the blue, not by design on the ENFPs part, but because the enfp had bent so out of shape the partner/friend/employer had failed to realise the danger they were facing.

This is not a straight up hiding of disconnent on the ENFPs part. The ENFP will feel that they have made their discomfort obvious. I conceed that sometimes we have huge problems tactling a serious problem head on but we don't do things out of the blue. If it seems otu of the blue, then you probably stopped paying attention to WHO the ENFP was/is and assumed that they really are happy letting you have everything your way.

My advice to anyone dealing with ENFPs is to try to keep the communication, in whatever form it takes, as qualitative as possible. Take an ENFP for granted for long enough and they will seemingly bite back.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    This is not a straight up hiding of disconnent on the ENFPs part. The ENFP will feel that they have made their discomfort obvious. I conceed that sometimes we have huge problems tactling a serious problem head on but we don't do things out of the blue. If it seems otu of the blue, then you probably stopped paying attention to WHO the ENFP was/is and assumed that they really are happy letting you have everything your way.
    Very true. From an ENFPs perspective, it seems like we've given in continuously... we've bent, we've accommodated, and finally we just can't do it anymore, so one day we just snap back. We've given them so many chances, and finally they've just used all their credit up.

To the other person, though, it can come as quite a surprise, because we aren't often very communicative about how much we feel like we're giving in.

I really need to work on communicating more clearly and directly in certain situations.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Very true. From an ENFPs perspective, it seems like we've given in continuously... we've bent, we've accommodated, and finally we just can't do it anymore, so one day we just snap back. We've given them so many chances, and finally they've just used all their credit up.

To the other person, though, it can come as quite a surprise, because we aren't often very communicative about how much we feel like we're giving in.

I really need to work on communicating more clearly and directly in certain situations.
    Yeah it's really hard sometimes but we ENFPs have to get better at this, I hate the look of total supprise on the other persons face, makes me feel even more guilty for having finally asserted myself.

This is the problem I think, or part of it, we bend and then we feel guilty or bad about mentioning it, but if we don't there is the risk of being pushed even further to that SNAP point.

Much rather avoid shocking them and the extra guilt by trying to be clearer, but then sometimes we're nto totally aware of how bent out of shape we've become, the old frog in a pot of hot water thing...

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisbueller View Post
    I think this is really wrong. Playing with tertiary functions is a dangerous game my friend. ENFP's are nothing if not charming and subtly manipulative, and I think the assertion that we are "cold and calculating" is borderline insane. ENFP's are warm and emotionally gushy, more so than ENTP's. You should note that feeling is our secondary function while it is tertiary in the ENTP. I agree that we will express Ne ideas forcefully according to our values, but I'm not sure that we use these abilities to dream up sadistic torture methods; we are more likely to use this ability to understand the people around us and try to make others understand as well.
    Yeah, that guy was way off. I know ENFPs and ENTPs. Both are quirky. ENTPs are more emotional and "fuzzy" than ENTPs. The ENTPs I know are more "bracing" and logical.