User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by "heart"
    Being willing to take care of someone you care about or keep them company when they are sick is now considered "sissy"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    my idea of real friendship is not the people who are "nice" but those who keep each other on their feet and their eyes looking forward

although sympathy is the most comfortable response, it isn't often the most healthy.

as fucked up as it sounds, it's the people i respect and care for the most that get the most unfriendly side of my disposition at times. life is tough for people sometimes and i dont think setting an example of weakness is helpful during those times.

Can you expound on what you view as an example of weakness towards someone in tough times?

Edit: I am not getting the connection between being willing to offer practical help or company to someone who is sick and setting an example of "weakness" for someone else. On the surface it just sounds like an excuse to be selfish.

I have an ISTP in my family who is like that. When someone needs sympathy or help, he is caustic but when it is his turn to go through misery he wants to cry everyone's shoulder. I grow burned out with it.

MBTI
    istp

most people drastically overreact to detrimental occurrences. society has become so pampered that they completely lose sight of what having something bad happen to you really looks like.

at least on my part, it would be easier to pretend that whatever someone is going through is as bad as they think it is, and come off as kind, understanding, and sympathetic. the more selfless thing to do is to not only tell them the truth, but to also show it to them... at the cost of looking like an asshole.

i am understanding of what someone is thinking and feeling when "calamity" befalls them... but i also take it a step further and offer some perspective on what has happened.

with that said, the family member you speak of is probably just selfish, if he understood this then he wouldnt be asking others for sympathy when the tables are turned.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You see, I could give two fecal droppings about thread tangents, it happens in real life discussions as well.

But this thread isn't about atheism so, let the tangents continue!!!

*I HATE BLARING INCONSISTENCIES*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You see, I could give two fecal droppings about thread tangents, it happens in real life discussions as well.
    ENFP imagery is...interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    istp

But this thread isn't about atheism so, let the tangents continue!!!
    thank you for your permission!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

thank you for your permission!
    I ain't no mod, nor admin.

So, no need for my permission.

IMO, participation is damn near always welcome, so yes, please continue.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

most people drastically overreact to detrimental occurrences. society has become so pampered that they completely lose sight of what having something bad happen to you really looks like.

at least on my part, it would be easier to pretend that whatever someone is going through is as bad as they think it is, and come off as kind, understanding, and sympathetic. the more selfless thing to do is to not only tell them the truth, but to also show it to them... at the cost of looking like an asshole.

i am understanding of what someone is thinking and feeling when "calamity" befalls them... but i also take it a step further and offer some perspective on what has happened.

with that said, the family member you speak of is probably just selfish, if he understood this then he wouldnt be asking others for sympathy when the tables are turned.
    Okay, I get that. When someone makes a dumb decision, they suffer the consequenses, sure. You tell them what they did wrong and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, got that.

What does any of that have to do with being sick and needing help or feeling lonely and wanting company?

MBTI
    istp

So, no need for my permission.
    i was being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay, I get that. When someone makes a dumb decision, they suffer the consequenses, sure. You tell them what they did wrong and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, got that.

What does any of that have to do with being sick and needing help or feeling lonely and wanting company?
    its not about telling someone how wrong they are, it's about giving them perspective on the matter in regards to the future.

my apologies for being unclear about this... i was giving my input on the matter, not arguing against giving someone practical aid. i often quote the sentence that got me thinking about something, that's where my ideas tie into the discussion.

heart on fire

its not about telling someone how wrong they are, it's about giving them perspective on the matter in regards to the future.

my apologies for being unclear about this... i was giving my input on the matter, not arguing against giving someone practical aid. i often quote the sentence that got me thinking about something, that's where my ideas tie into the discussion.

Oh okay, I understand then. What about an ISTP who needs perspective but won't take it, how would you recommend handling that person? Serious question.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i was being sarcastic.
    Yup, it was either that, or you being snide. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed it was the former and not the latter, so yeah, uh, duh?!?!?

The response I made was aimed at driving a point unrelated to you personally.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles