• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP vs. ENTP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is true. ENFPs (and to an even greater extent, INFPs). have a bit of a "switch" factor between several layers of their personality.

with ENFPs, our primary psychological state is a creative, fun loving and curious individual who is eager to learn and collaborate with people. this side is often frivilous and enjoys ridiculous forms of dress and having the "shock factor" with people.
Fi in and of itself has at least 2 very different layers to it
1) calm, fantasy oriented, sweet, great with animals and children, extremely relaxed. this is the way most INFPs (and many ENFPs) are most of the time.
2) however, if provoked or fighting for one's values, an NFP will completely switch directions, turning from calm and sweet into an intense, passionate and heroic figure who will stop at NOTHING to deliver justice to the wicked. it is in this state, especially when under pressure, that I believe NFP are among the most dangerous types.

if Te is developed, it lends to a more formal, business oriented side that offer more rational, conscious decision making and better organization (before I developed Te organization was pretty much impossible for me, even now I really don't like it). this side is also quite polite and hospitable and lends to good hosting skills when combined with Ne and Fi. I often use this side of my personality around older people because they are often otherwise condescending and treat me like a child.

my best friend is ENTP (we thought he was ESTP for the longest time because he spent years developing Se doing hip hop dancing), but now that we know that he's ENTP, it makes a lot more sense because an ESTP could not keep up with my crazy ideas =P

for the most part, we're a lot alike. both of us are ridiculous, fun loving, spontaneous and brimming with ideas. the main difference I see is that his introverted side is more cold and calculating and he is better with details (although he insists that this is learned and that it is so boring that it hurts). until recently, he never really excepted the full extent his personality has changed dramatically once he started to except the full potential of his strengths. this is perhaps due to his upbringing. he was abused and as such had to develope rather unnatural precision in order to avoid being hurt. for this reason we first thought he was ENTJ, then INTJ, then ESTP and now ENTP, but this one makes the most sense out of all of them so far. at the end of the day though, we're much more alike than different.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh my god i've just read this entire thread and acquired so many quotes to comment on :shock:

It's been my experience that there's a certain kind of chemistry Ne shares, and when two people who have it strongly find each other, their imaginations go berserk and take off on a marathon of intellectual orgies.

for a long time, i felt one of my cousins and i were on the exact same mental plane, just that i was "fuzzier", so to speak. we don't see each other often, and don't talk much, but we always have the same damn thoughts - biting and witty. and suddenly it hits me: he is ENTP.

Also, do any other ENFPs feel like while you have a lot of friends, even a lot of close friends, very few really see the whole picture?

Or that a lot of people just think you're weird?

:laugh:

yes. i think there are so many facets to myself, that it's not surprising to me that no one would see the full picture. and i tend to downplay the stuff that others don't like when i'm around them, unless it's super important to me. i don't see it as people-pleasing so much as, if there are 93984 other things i like too, why focus on the few that person doesn't like?

as for seeming weird, well, i'm interested in so many things. inevitably someone finds one of those things weird, and then marks me as a whole weird.

two possible definitions of "being yourself" come to mind... the first is more commonly used, and that is to simply make no effort to act as if you're something you're not. the other is to be a perfect reflection of your inner thoughts and feelings. is it even possible for someone to do that perfectly or do you think that it is inevitable that everyone will fail to express something that occurs to their internal world?

for me, my true/authentic self just involves so much. good luck figuring out all 5463408 facets of it, because i'm not even sure i've seen them all yet. actually i take that back - i'm sure i haven't. what is the authentic self, anyway? how can i ever be anyone but myself? aren't i always, by definition, my self?

:huh:

I'd rather be the pond..... or the ocean....

this is perfect. i'm stealing this answer and using it always kthx :hug:

keke I'd stay up all night stargazing sometimes! I could also program myself to wake up at any time I wanted. 8:03? I would! 3:16?! I would!

LOL i used to do this too!!! i would wake up at 7 fucking 49 or something totally bizarre just for the satisfaction of doing it.

hm said:
oops i've lost the quote, but basically it said that to INTPs it can seem like ENFPs "sneak information" out of people

:laugh:

"sneak information"!! okay, i have occasionally snuck information, but generally with the (oh-so-evil) intentions of planning a surprise party, or something equally innocuous.

the thing is, PEOPLE TELL ME THINGS. like, important, personal things. i do not even ask for this information but they flower it upon me. it started when i was little, other kids used to just tell me stuff and i would just be like WTF? :shock: i've just kind of come to accept and appreciate it since then, but the pattern remains. whatever it is about me, people just tend to tell me long bouts of personal stuff.

i try to be nice and respectful of it but sometimes i am really just like seriously why did you even tell me that :thinking:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What about:

enfp are woman on the inside and men on the outside, while entp are men on the outside and woman on the inside ? :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
gotta warn you here, you've flipped the infamous ENFP angry switch :tongue: no, not really.

seriously though, i just want to present the ENFP viewpoint for some of these points because i think it's easy to see from just one side, and i would rather you (or others who are thinking the same way) not think so poorly of all ENFPs. i think that it's very easy for Ti and Fi to misunderstand and ignore one another, but we can probably learn a lot from one another. :)

i've personally really had to learn how to communicate with my INTP dad and brother, because i feel like we're kind of after the same thing (more info, Ne) but always speaking totally different languages (Ti and Fi). at first i thought they were just as dense as they thought i was! but over time (and especially upon learning about the MBTI) i've come to understand we are using totally different lenses to look at the same things - and if we can just get beyond those lenses, i think we can talk about the ideas in question much better, and have really enjoyable Ne-dom conversations (and more harmony in general).

First of all I need to say, that there are not many EFPs I like and respect, but nearly every ENTP I know has my respect for his/her character.

The core difference is the system of values. ENTPs have Ti-Fe and ENFPs Fi-Te. That makes a big difference.

yes, absolutely. my thoughts regarding this is that Fi is very individual, which means that each EFP constructs their own personal value system. but Ti is less personal, even though it is an internal process too - Ti isn't intimately connected with identity (right?), but Fi is. and i also think that's why i think Fi dom/auxs are so sensitive. questioning of our decisions is felt somewhat as a questioning of our selves, because we put so much of our selves into each of our decisions.

While ENTP try to understand nearly everybody and everything, and while they use Fe as a really good tool to get deeper insights, the ENFPs just try to keep their own values active, and they use partially cruel methods because of their tertiary tool Te.

ENFPs also try to understand everybody and everything, just in a different way. our method of understanding others - Fi - is to relate our personal experiences with someone else's. i understand someone else's sadness after a death in the family because i have experienced a similar thing. so while it may seem like we are thinking of ourselves a lot, that's because it's our way of connecting with other people. when we connect to someone, it's like we give some of ourselves to them, and we internalize some of them in us. connecting with Fe is like giving a gift. connecting with Fi is more like exchanging possessions - with me giving mine first. they both make both people happier, but for the Fi connection to happen, i have to share some of myself first. when they are used with good intentions, i feel like Fi is very trusting, and Fe is very selfless. when they are used with bad intentions, both Fi and Fe are self-centered and manipulative.

also, ENFPs are certainly not known to be gentle wielding Te in argument, but i wouldn't call it "cruel" - not mean and not evil. what i would call it is "blunt" - disregarding tact - which can seem cruel. on the other hand, the way ENTPs can use Fe can seem cruel to an ENFP too. it can seem like ENTPs don't really care about other people, and just use other people's emotions to get what they want.

one more thing - what you said about ENFPs wanting to "keep our values active"... that's true, in a way, but only can be held against us as much as maintaining logic can be held against you. my values are what i use to make decisions, so they are as important and relevant to me as logic is to you. but like i was saying before, Fi is very personalized - and for better or worse, Fi dom/aux have to think more about the construction of the system we rely on, which is one of the reasons i think ENFPs are usually more introspective than ENTPs. but yes, i do things because they are important to me, just like you do things because they are the logical thing to do.

ENFPs give sympathy and antipathy more influence in their life, while ENTPs are more fair. That means, that ENTPs are kind to much people, and loyal to their friends. ENFPs decide faster, if they like someone or dislike him. If someone disagrees to them, they tend to attack them really hard, while ENTPs search a factual discussion.

let me point out that ENFPs usually respect all people, even if we don't always like them - whereas you do not respect all people, much less like them. i think it would be hard to find anyone who would say that ENFPs do not treat most people kindly. we do. and we are also very loyal to our friends, in the sense that if we feel like they are being hurt, we will defend them. Fi is quick to "read" other people, and can sometimes judge wrongly. however, i have found that Fi is a very good lie detector. i know when someone is trying to cover something up in a self-serving way, and that is generally when i don't like them. i do know a couple ENFPs who are very immature and see things in very black-and-white "bad" and "good", but i don't think all - or even most - ENFPs are like that. the immature ENFPs also tend to be less likely to listen to others, in my opinion - but there are immature ENTPs who completely devalue feeling too.

also, it's not someone disagreeing with me that i have a problem with. disagreeing is actually fine. if you don't like Harry Potter, i don't really care - though am probably curious why. i am more likely to be a little bit sad or annoyed if you tell me you don't like my shoes, because they are an outward expression of who i am, and saying you don't like them makes me think, just a tiny bit, that you don't like that part of who i am. but the real problem is when someone says or does something that is hurtful to me or the people i love, without a good reason. then i will confront (not attack - unless they deny it), because i feel like they've badly hurt someone and need to know that. sometimes people, especially Thinkers, just don't realize how injurious to a person's sense of self they have been. logic is good and useful, but it can very easily ignore how it affects other people, even when used with tertiary Fe.

ENFP see their values in a clear view, and keep them until the bitter end. ENTPs are more flexible in this fact: If someone brings good arguments, they change their view. Yeah, they are searching for this arguments, because change give them opportunity to grow.

actually, two things...

one - ENFPs don't always really see their values that clearly. i have a few very deep values that are clear (all humans are inherently valuable and worthy of love), but other things are not so clear to me, like my thoughts on animal rights. i really enjoy talking about those with other people and change my opinions on it often. INFPs are actually more like what you've described than ENFPs, since they have Fi as their dominant process.

two - if someone makes good points and doesn't purposefully offend me in the process, i love to discuss things with them. like this post, for instance. i felt a little bit annoyed that you don't really respect ENFPs in general, but i don't think you meant that to attack me personally, or other ENFPs personally. i could just be saying angry things to you, but i see that it's much more pleasant and useful to both of use to have a more neutral discussion. still, to me, all of that discussion does not have to be logical. it can be, sure, but it doesn't have to be logical for it to be meaningful and important, or to change my mind about things so that i can grow. a lot of things that are very meaningful to me and that have changed the way i think - poetry, artwork, music - are not very logical themselves.

There was a situation I were in. There was a huge seminar, 500 people. The leader was ENFP. Of course, there were some critical people, who question the content of the seminar. And when they asked (inclusive me), they asked in an objectively way. But the reaction of the seminar leader was everytime in the same way: He feels hurted, and attacked. This in a rhetoric way, which convince the others, that questions are not necessary. The questioners were socially excluded by this. This ENFP was the least empathic human being I know.

ENTPs I know like questions, because they give them the opportunity to show, that their view of life is reasonable. And they know, when it's time to criticize and when it's socially inacceptable. I cannot imagine, that any ENTP would knowingly say something to others, what will exclude them socially. It seems that ENFPs defend their values at all costs, and when this costs is a human live, they would do even this.

well, i think that ENFP should have known better, honestly. it was his choice to be involved in a logical discussion and he should have recognized the purpose of the questioning. and it was not kind of him to say something exclusionary.

but i suspect if you asked him about it, you would be surprised to find out that he didn't actually mean to hurt anyone - he probably felt like he was just protecting himself and his ideas. i imagine that, to him, the questioning felt like questioning of personal integrity, even though to Ti, it's obviously just checking out the idea. i feel this way when i argue sometimes - and i'll say hurtful things by accident in argument because i'm very emotional and Fi tends to point to ways to argue that aim at the person, instead of their ideas. it's not because i want to hurt the person, but it takes a lot of energy and focus for a person with tertiary Te to stay 100% logical while arguing... logical debate is a T thing and we are much more inclined to talk about our feelings, but T dom/auxs don't really tend to listen to our points if we talk about feeling, so we have to use a lot of energy and use logic instead. that, i think, is some of the reason we are so quick and forceful, and not very well-refined, in our arguments.

All in all I would recapitulate my real-life experiences with Auxiliary Fi (yes, ESFPs are very similar in this way) in this way:

EXFP: fanatics
ENTP: diplomats

i'm sorry you've had that experience, and i hope that it's useful to see how things seem from the ENFP point of view. :yes:

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just random thoughts before I take a nap:

As I've said elsewhere, my best friend in HS was tested as an ENFP and we used to talk about this stuff a bit.

Similarities:

- Both of us were massive idea generators. For fun we used to get together and write storyboards for movies we'd never make (or sometimes we'd turn them into comic books). They were almost always very comedic/satirical. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say we'd literally keep going for 15+ hours straight at times.

- Very similar sense of humor. The sort of highly extemporaneous kind. We used to have contests to see who could make up the most outlandish story on the spot.

- Working styles were similar. We both suffered from being controlled by capricious, inspiration-driven frenzies with intermittent bouts of laziness.

- Debating. We were both naturally good at it. The debate teacher recruited us the first day of HS after overhearing us in the hallways arguing over something.

- Intellectual curiosity. We were interested in *everything*. Mathematics, poetry, literature, science, life, music, sociology, art, clouds, philosophy, bugs, skipping stones in rivers, exploring, travel, different cultures, etc.

- Related to the above point: I have lots of INTx friends now, and while I like them, many of my hobbies are sort of... "beneath" them. With my ENFP friend, he was willing to go kayaking, camping, hiking, and a lot of other exploratory, but mostly non-intellectual activities with me. I think INTx's are more the "disembodied mind" types.

Differences:

- Sense of people. He was definitely focused more on people. Especially what made them tick. He was much more of a natural psychologist than me. (He's at another school majoring in some sort of counseling now.)

- A little more confrontational when it came to dealing with jerks. I related this story in the other thread, but once we were at a party and someone there casually used the "n"-word. This upset both of us, but he *had* to say something to the guy whereas I was willing to just write him off and leave.

- However, he was a little less of an a**hole when dealing with regular people. I'm prone to doing weird social experiments, like, for instance, borrowing money from a friend over time just to see how much he'll give me (and hence how much I'm worth). I sort of have more of a tendency to objectify human dynamics that way... And what can I say, I'm a curious guy.

- He internalized logic much differently than me. To him, there was room for interpretation when dealing with some part of humanity because it "is subject to the human condition." I found logic beyond interpretation and often wouldn't, fundamentally, treat people any differently than I'd treat numbers. (Fi vs. Ti?)

- I had, and still have, a much bigger impulse to build/invent things. I'm always building a prototype for some new idea I have. He would go along with it, but since he lives 300 miles away now he's basically abandoned carrying out any of his inventions to the prototype stage.

- This is weird, but I was *much* more interested in gossip and the details of mutual friends'/acquaintances' personal lives. I think now that this may be a bit of the tertiary Fe coming through... (And just having too much curiosity.)

- Also weird: even though he was in a drama club, in some ways, I was a better "actor" than him in social situations. I could mask personalities if it suited me in different contexts better. (Again, is this Fe coming through?) To him, doing this was being "inauthentic" or something and, even though he might have been more capable of it, he wouldn't do it out of principle. And the great irony was he was the trained actor! So if he wanted to he could've way outdone me. Although it should be noted that while I may have been a bit better at this, I rarely ever bothered to do it either (but more out of a lack of care than anything).

- He would stay in or dwell over bad/dysfunctional relationships waaaay more. My interest in people can mostly be satisfied from afar, without connecting with them too much. He couldn't do this. He *had* to become personally entangled with other human beings, otherwise he didn't feel like he could understand them fully. (And, consequently, he didn't like this about himself at all; he realized he'd end up hurt most of the time.) I'm mostly just really snoopy and want lots of random information to play with or to see what others do in really odd situations I'd create and psychoanalyze over. I'll think of an example later.

Anyway, I'm going to take a nap now. I've been feeling sort of sick =/ I hope you find something out of this! I <3 ENFPs!!!!

i love this, thank you

it really helps me understand ENTPs in a way i couldnt before

its just very insightful in general

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
unbelieveable and yet the meaning was conveyed. Isnt that beautiful, what more do you need :)

I know this was a beautiful way to end it, but I have to ask...

What was the message?

I even thought I knew it before I read it over again and realize I was lost. Is it ENFPs (wo/man) are womanly, but masculine within. And ENTP are masculine on the outsie, but womanly within?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, tho it's rather more a joke cause I suck at anything else :)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I feel ya.
It always sucks when you have to explain a joke.
Star Trek facepalm

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, tho it's rather more a joke cause I suck at anything else :)

i know you ENTPs can be fuzzballs on the inside :whistling:

ps i know it's obvious but i really love that your username has ENTP in it

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My boyfriend accused me of being an ENTP last night.

:static:

sculpting

yes, absolutely. my thoughts regarding this is that Fi is very individual, which means that each EFP constructs their own personal value system. but Ti is less personal, even though it is an internal process too - Ti isn't intimately connected with identity (right?), but Fi is. and i also think that's why i think Fi dom/auxs are so sensitive. questioning of our decisions is felt somewhat as a questioning of our selves, because we put so much of our selves into each of our decisions.

I would suggest the bold is incorrect. The ENTPs I know cling and self define using Ti as much as we do Fi. They hold those decisions/ideas just as tightly as we do our Fi values.

also, ENFPs are certainly not known to be gentle wielding Te in argument, but i wouldn't call it "cruel" - not mean and not evil. what i would call it is "blunt" - disregarding tact - which can seem cruel. on the other hand, the way ENTPs can use Fe can seem cruel to an ENFP too. it can seem like ENTPs don't really care about other people, and just use other people's emotions to get what they want.

It can be really, really blunt...

Also, as we went into on the INFJ thread...

Te users are Fe blind...so I totally miss Fe subtle suggestions and dont catch Ti sarcasm-like the play on entropies funny quote. Thus we appear oblivious and rude. We also will use Te to reach a solution quickly.

Note as an Fi user I perceive Fe to be controlling...almost a visceral insult against my core rather than a simple social rebuke, that a typical Fe suggestion is meant to be. I misunderstand the Fe and overreact.

In the same way a Ti user seems to take our bluntly wielded Te as an insult, seemingly implying their Ti-their core-has no value, rather than understanding our Te is a simple blunt assertion where we seek back and forth correction. I think the entps can misunderstand our Te and overreact in a symmetrical way.

one - ENFPs don't always really see their values that clearly. i have a few very deep values that are clear (all humans are inherently valuable and worthy of love), but other things are not so clear to me, like my thoughts on animal rights. i really enjoy talking about those with other people and change my opinions on it often. INFPs are actually more like what you've described than ENFPs, since they have Fi as their dominant process.

TOTALLY. For a long time I thought I was a totally fucked up enfp...I couldnt list a set of values....I thought in terms of principles instead of "values". Your thought above is totally my clone.

two - if someone makes good points and doesn't purposefully offend me in the process, i love to discuss things with them. like this post, for instance. i felt a little bit annoyed that you don't really respect ENFPs in general, but i don't think you meant that to attack me personally, or other ENFPs personally. i could just be saying angry things to you, but i see that it's much more pleasant and useful to both of use to have a more neutral discussion. still, to me, all of that discussion does not have to be logical. it can be, sure, but it doesn't have to be logical for it to be meaningful and important, or to change my mind about things so that i can grow. a lot of things that are very meaningful to me and that have changed the way i think - poetry, artwork, music - are not very logical themselves.

That bit of annoyance you describe is "defensive Fi". After awhile here it can grow to massive animosity across the EXTP divide as we keep poking at each other. But you kind do what I do, and make it settle down....then try and stay neutral. cool!

There is a nasty cycle that gets set up across this divide...

1. the entp sense weird Fi ness when Fi does something bizarrely Fi like...
2. it offends their fairly rudimentary Fe (not bad Fe, just not the same level of resolution as an Fe dom or aux, thus I think it gives you guys a more visceral feeling of repulsion)
3. Since the Fe values are being encoded as how to make a Ti people system functional, the Fe represents a Ti principle kinda. So they actually become somewhat logically offended.
4. In typical Ti fashion they start asking probing questions to try and make the Ti internal system make sense against what they are seeing-the crazy Fi crap...this questioning can be very critical and pointed and contain a lot of Fe style critical commentary.
5. The enfp perceives this as an attack on Fi-true as the entps are trying to understand Fi-but since Fi is our core and defines us, the critical questions hurt as we misunderstand the Fe overtones as critical Fi condemnation...it triggers a massive Te bitchslap, where that annoyance you notice becomes a nasty punch back at the entps.

and then we all spiral down the toilet of insanity ....almost like it amplifies with each round, getting more and more insane....

but i suspect if you asked him about it, you would be surprised to find out that he didn't actually mean to hurt anyone - he probably felt like he was just protecting himself and his ideas. i imagine that, to him, the questioning felt like questioning of personal integrity, even though to Ti, it's obviously just checking out the idea. i feel this way when i argue sometimes - and i'll say hurtful things by accident in argument because i'm very emotional and Fi tends to point to ways to argue that aim at the person, instead of their ideas.

Fi has much forgiveness for forgiving intent. Fe has very limited forgiveness for intent. Thus it doesnt really matter if I didnt mean to hurt them....I still hurt them.

enfps rationalize externally with Te...entps think we are making excuses.
enfps are balls of fluffy silly cuteness....entps will assume we are actually being manipulative underneath that somehow.

I could keep this up for days....

Having said that I love my entp best friend and we went to lunch and talked about power struggles, sex and ejaculation related to biological reporduction and womens' lib, why Te sucks,why Fe sucks, why Fi users are a bunch of whiny cry babies, why Ti users are evil and mean and how sexy intp men seem to be to entp chicks and why and how enfps like to touch everyone because we think you love us if you sleep with us, right????? :) All this ^^ in half an hour....hehehe, I love her to death...we fight and argue about MBTI more than anything else....but its great fun!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes them so different??

And what makes them similar? (I dunno, are they even?!)

Also, I would appreciate when sharing your thoughts on this topic, if you could try to focus on relaying your personal opinions based on the observations you have made between the two types, or, if you happen to be either of these types, if you could briefly describe yourself in a paragraph or three.

It would please me much if all ENFPs and ENTPs would share their autobiographical self perceptions/descriptions.

And thank you in advance for indulging my curiosities!!!
Far as similarities go, both types are zany, random, crazy and fun because they're Ne-dominant. However, the opposing Judging functions make the two types very different in other aspects. Assuming the tertiary is not developed, ENFPs have bubbly, over-the-top, crazy personalities, are very helpful and quite emotional, always weaving complex fantasies. We make great writers overall. ENTPs by comparison are more ideas people. They're constantly churning out new ways to improve on what they see, bouncing around and generally driving everybody nuts -- but in an amusing way. :tongue:

If the tertiary is develop the differences intensify. ENFPs develop Te and while the difference may narrow superficially due to them becoming more logical and NT-ish, their demeanor resembles more that commonly associated with ENTJs -- brash, curt, businesslike. I'm very late into this stage of development (despite my young age), and for this reason a lot of people don't believe I'm ENFP. :laugh: Of course, because of the very personal nature of Fi it's very possible for ENFPs to be perfectly jaded, cynical, and generally unagreeable without ever developing Te.

ENTPs by comparison develop Fe and become, erm, less annoying. They're not quite as calculating and organized as balanced ENFPs, but they develop charismatic leadership abilities, and a knack for reading people that they very often use to their advantage -- much like the infamous manipulative ESTP wheeler-dealers, but a good deal more spacey than them.