First 91011121321 Last

Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Also, do any other ENFPs feel like while you have a lot of friends, even a lot of close friends, very few really see the whole picture?
    I've never had a friend who's seen "the whole picture", and my close friends have only been able to see a lot of small parts of me.

I do not have a lot of friends.

I have one close friend, and one close sister.

Come to think of it, I don't really have friends.

I'm constantly understanding others who constantly fail to understand me.

Much sadness and loneliness, I dream of finding someone equally, or more amazing than me, myself and I.

If it weren't for certain writers, poets, lyricists, philosophers, playwrights, I would have killed myself from existential loneliness/depression years ago.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I've never had a friend who's seen "the whole picture", and my close friends have only been able to see a lot of small parts of me.

I have one close friend, and once close sister.
    Once close sister?! --Edit: err unless that wasn't an error...but I recall you mention you talked to your sis recently...so....er I hope I'm not wrong. =/ (Talk about Fe panic--- )

Much sadness and loneliness, I dream of finding someone equally, or more amazing than me, myself and I.

If it weren't for certain writers, poets, lyricists, philosophers, playwrights, I would have killed myself from existential loneliness/depression years ago.
    CC, we mindlinked! One close friend and one (only) close sister...and all the rest, I...sadly...agree with.. but here's where we might differ, though I think you just omitted, I also take humour in and from all the foils and beauties humanity offers!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    [ humour from all the foils and beauties humanity offers!
    A never ending source of solace in life!

MBTI
    ENFP

I have one close friend, and once close sister.

Oh. I am sorry . I can largely relate to the misunderstanding...the most you can hope for a lot of times is when they admit that they don't understand you...it's like at least you know they were trying.

You'll find some eventually though, and it's really cool...they'll say one thing about something they know about you where they really get it and you never told anyone...like what you are able to do to other people...and it will put a smile on your face for the rest of the day!

Somewhat related, I always have problems with people who see me in a fun enviornment never wanting to give me any responsibility, and people who know me from a responsible enviornment asking me what kinds of drugs I've been taking when we go do something fun...

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Frankly I'm pretty shocked by this. I do not mean to sound disrespectful as I'm not but, from my very first day on this site, you have seemed to me like you don't want friends. In fact, you've sounded like you hold nothing but disdain for all but the very few. I'm really quite puzzled but....

heart on fire

When I am feeling like this, I tend to assume the fault is within me, that I cannot find the right words to make others understand me, the right way to express myself outwards to attract like minds to myself. I keep searching for kindred spirits and when I find one, the pleasure of it is indescribable.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My sister, (not the one I am close with) just sent me this email. She is strange, and this view on "true friendship", I find odd/interesting. I wonder what type she is, besides C_NT?

DD, your insight in particular would be appreciated!!!

'True' Friendship

None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know that you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will bug you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end 'Why?' you may ask; 'because you are my friend'.

Remember: A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel...

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only think of 4.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

Being willing to take care of someone you care about or keep them company when they are sick is now considered "sissy"?

MBTI
    GONE

^^ Don't worry heart, it's the ironic way kids talk these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone who'se asked why ENFP's can't open up more
    stuff
    I think there have been a lot of questions about this, and I think it boils down to seeing so much drama and meaning and importance in everything around us and not being able to intellectually filter it so much as consantly feel like a vessel that all this stuff passes through -- we get waves and waves of stuff and just get a little...tripped up sorting and expressing our own stuff?

Also, I think we take life very seriously, which also means finding a lot of joy and a need to light the dark, wrong rights, etc. and we're also very sensitive, I think we regard our own feelings the way we regard other people's "true selves" with a kind of respect...it's almost sacred and powerful (?) -- so just sharing that with anyone just seems so gauche and cheapening and moreover invasive. We have to feel extremely comfortable and trusting and 'authentic' in the moment to open up like that.

I think also ENFPs are very good at understanding people, which means you know how weak and also how cruel people can be (intentionally or not) and you're just paranoid in general 'cause of all that Ne and Te and Fi unfiltered by 'reality' (Se/Si) so you want to protect yourself. Also, I just hate being cheesy. I'm serious.

The thing is I think ENFPs are very authentic in that we are always ourselves, but we just reserve certain authentic levels of ourself for when we feel safe.

Or maybe that's just me.

Also, I think ENFP really has a rare ability to go deep, down, down, dooooown 'the rabbit hole' (man, I keep using that term) and follow people wherever they go, even random strangers. I'm sure it can seem alarming, baffling, or just stupid to some other types. I know for me, my ego can dissolve with someone else's like that:snap: Yeah, that seriously does necessitate therapy. So I do protect myself...but dammit, you still want to get close to people! Why???? Why???

Hahhahaha! (I was imagining Nancy Kerrigan just then...I know don't look at me like that)

Edit:

I wrote a bunch more stuff but 1) long posts are a drag and 2) I dont' feel like going down any rabbit holes right now, thank you and 3)mommy, my brain doesn't feel too good.

So g'nite and it'll be fun to revist this thread tomorrow.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 03-15-2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Whoops, I totally rewrote this. :doh: Dana quoted the original though. So you can't say I'm deceiving. :D
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari