User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How does Ne/Fi Work Together Vs. Fi/Ne

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Apologies for going all meta, but is this not Fi making the decision that you're currently in the mood for taking in information? That Fi is the one who 'decided' that you have no interest in taking a moral position?
    Of course, I only meant to demonstrate that FiNe enjoys exploring ideas without forming judgements also.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Lenore Thomson spends time talking about this in her book "Personality Type."

Pgs 374 and 375 deal with Fi in EFP's [with special focus on ENFPs], and Ne [or Se] for IFP's. I don't feel like quoting 2 pages of material here.

However, I will quote some other stuff. From pg 397: "Intuition doesn't push INFP's to act. It pushes therm to interpret: to see the potential of their thoughts and behaviors in terms of their ideals.
    Because their ideals are wholistic, INFPs feel responsible not only for their actions but for their desire to take action, and they have a nearly karmic idea of balance. If they betray their ideals in either deed or feeling, they try to make restitution. When good things happen, they may worry about paying a price.
    It's instructive to compare these types to ENFPs, who share the same two functions but understand life very differently. ENFPs rely on intuition to gauge the nature of an external context and feeling to recognize the values of the people in it. The best illustration of how this works is President Clinton's unrivaled ability to identify with an audience and sympathize with their aspirations. ENFPs generally believe that people will recognize their good intentions, even if their behaviors fall short of them.
    INFPs approach reality form the other way around. Introverted feeling prompts them to hold unconditional human values, and they use intuition to figure out what that means in terms of their existential context. Asked whether he had ever had an extramarital affair, President Jimmy Carter said no but allowed that he had experienced "lust in his heart." This is a quintessential INFP perspective. Such types feel responsible for their hidden intentions, even if their behaviors exceed people's expectations."
    This is interesting. Thanks for posting it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

It really makes me wonder where I fall actually. I do take a step back and sift through and I'm pushed to interpret/explore things like that. I feel responsible for my desires along with my actions, but I have my limits. Does that make me more Te/ENFP or Se/ISFP?

That said, Jimmy Carter was definitely a highly active person though.. far more than me (I mean, he did become President and create Habitat for Humanity). So I wonder what it means to say that Ne doesn't push someone to act.