User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I have only ever thought of pursuing the military path of life for the fact that I would like to have a sniper rifle and the necessary training in the inevitable post-apocalyptic world.
    Don't get forget zombies either.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes MOST jobs in the military are support. Whether that means guard duty, cooking, building infrastructure, protecting convoys, and unloading planes. My goal is never to "kill" the enemy simply because that's what I'm told to do. Many soldiers are part of teams that work to change the indigenous population's view of our presence by handing out aid and TALKING to them to learn about their situations (I believe this group is called PYSOP in the Army). This idea thrills me! Getting out among a group of people raised in a society completely different from mine, learning who they are, and making sure they understand that, despite what they may have heard, our presence is in the end there to help.

The only problem is that the military doesn't seem to care what your strengths they, they simply need a warm body to do the labor. Many times the MOS (job) you "sign up" for is mysteriously not available once you are assigned to a unit, so this scares me. I would not want to end up on an IED (bomb) disposal unit or something, although this too would be contributing to a good cause. These bombs not only kill Americans, but soldiers from their own country, the 43 other UN militaries present, and even innocent civilians.

My greatest fear in life is being maimed, paralyzed, blinded, or just plain disfigured so i am having to deal with these ideas. MILLIONS of innocent people suffer these same horrors every year at the hands of these cruel and controlling regimes (look at N. Korea...wow), so I believe the sacrifice would be worth it, but lo and behold....i like my arms and legs and want to keep them right where they are......We'll see what happens.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I once met a guy from Poland who has been in a lot of militaries. I had a drink with him in a bar and we talked about philosophy for like 5 hours in the night. He was a very intresting guy and so much infj it was frightening. I had to think of Peguy when I met him, I imagined that must be his brother . The 'friends' I went to the bar with that night later asked me why I was speaking to a homeless guy; I didnt even notice that he was a homeless guy. He didnt ask me for a drink or anything on the contrary he was eager to pay his own bill and declined my offerings to invite him on drinks.

Well... I can imagine infjs are good army material. I'ld even suspect them of having blind and unquestioning faith in authority. But that's why entps aint good army material, they got problems with authority and that's another story
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by bgmINFP/J View Post
    Many soldiers are part of teams that work to change the indigenous population's view of our presence by handing out aid and TALKING to them to learn about their situations (I believe this group is called PYSOP in the Army).
    That maybe part of it, but PYSOP or those who engage in pyschological operations is mainly aimed at undermining the morale of the enemy combatants IIRC.

This idea thrills me! Getting out among a group of people raised in a society completely different from mine, learning who they are, and making sure they understand that, despite what they may have heard, our presence is in the end there to help.
    From what I've heard from veterans from both Iraq and Afghanistan, that can be a very thankless job in more than one ways. Even if and when some of the natives start trusting you, that immediately marks them for potential assasination by the enemy as a warning to others. This even can happen to women who merely look at you. So you may live with the guilt that maybe you helped get someone killed or deal with the person's family blaming you. Also by learning about the native culture, you'll probably find out that they have their way of doing things and don't care what foreigners have to say.

So you'll have to take this into account.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think that INFJ's are the NF type most likely to join the military, and here and there I have heard of quite a few, relatively speaking.

It may be interesting to note that a few of my military peers [I was civilian btw] were potential INFJ's. We took an official MBTI test for work there. I've also heard the most reference to INFJ's of all the NF when talking about people who were talking about thier time in the military.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I served 8 years in the US Marine Corps as a Sergeant. I was infantry, 0341, mortar man. I test as an INFP, but I reject the label. I am an intuitive perceiving type. The other parts of the profile are irrelevant to me.

That said, you must lust strongly for the defeat of your enemies. You must seek out the hottest girl in the planet, fuck her hard, and lick her pretty pussy. Your life must become pure testosterone. No obstacle can stand in your way. Immerse your self in pain and lust. Embrace all things through willpower and fanaticism. Know that you can kill. You should find mortal danger to be something that is relaxing, even liberating for your psyche.

War is violence pushed to its utmost bounds. It is primordial hatred. It is the perfect job for "feeling" types.

It is pure emotion.

There is ample room for creativity in the Marines, as long as it is how you achieve results in battle. No Marine is a cog in a machine. Seek out great achievements and you will be respected. Win honors for the Corps and honor will come to you.

A leader must be independent minded. There is little interest in the Marines for a person who is a robot. Marines are expected to thrill their commander with their independence. We are "set loose" to destroy the enemy, like the winds of fate or killer-angels of the book of the revelation. We are "set loose" - think about what that means. We are autonomous, like forces of nature. We are not cogs in a machine. We are like Poseidon rising from the sea.

I'd say go for it. It is all about having a "visionary drive." In Marine jargon that is called having a "hard on." If you have the "hard on" for it, do it.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

BMS, another INFJ, is about to enter in.

If an ENFP can do it, I'm sure an INFJ can.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Who said anything about being able???

Tolerating something is not the same as thriving. Anybody can take on a challenge and win.

It's what the NF must sacrifice in his/herself in order to do so.. I can't see all these people obsessed with their individuality and their expression enjoying a world of Te and conformity.

NFJs are perhaps some the worst people I have ever encountered when it comes to taking orders. Me included.

I understand the appeal of structure and disciplined self control .
    But there is a reason "Military" does not come up on NF job descriptions.
    Because it's generally not the place for NFs.. There are always exceptions and people who test incorrectly.

Also there are all sorts of ways to meet and interact with people from all over the place with all sorts of cool experiences to share.. Try a University

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Weapons, warfare, death and an INFJ...

Makes me think you're not an INFJ.

I call foul.
    a cat is fine too

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There are also threads on this site and others like this site.. Where INFJs go on for pages and pages about the "correct way" to deliver criticism to them.
    This will go down real well with your Drill Instructor