Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Things that suck about being an N dom

While it's true, we do have a number of fabulous qualities (high intelligence, easy grasp of theoretical concepts, unusual independence of mind etc) some things about being an N dom just suck. cases in point:
    - struggling to stay focused on anything external
    - feeling drained by doing anything that you don't thoroughly enjoy (I'm sure other types can sympathize with this one, but I feel like it's particularly apparent in N doms)
    - you have all these wonderful theories and concepts, but implementing them is SO hard sometimes
    - constantly missing details that end up being the death of you
    - trouble doing anything consistantly (seriously, I have no idea how SJs do this)
    - being constantly bothered by anything that you don't thoroughly understand, especially if it's something you have to do
    - seldom being able to talk to anyone who isn't like to everything you say
    - not being able to be happy living a simple life. I feel like in general the ideal lifestyle of an N type is going to be much more expensive than an S type.
    - needing absolute freedom in all areas of your life in order to be happy
    - being clumsy and uncoordinated
    - people misinterpreting everything you say (even other Ns a lot of the time)
    - having to work much longer hours than you're comfortable with (again, I feel all the types can probably relate to this, but I feel like it has a bigger impact on N doms. correct me if you think I'm wrong)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I often envy others for their ability to live simple lives without much abstract thought or rule breaking. Then again, maybe they lack the facilities to do otherwise.
    a cat is fine too

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - not being able to be happy living a simple life. I feel like in general the ideal lifestyle of an N type is going to be much more expensive than an S type.
    I agree with a lot of your points but am not sure about this one. I am not very materialistic and don't need a lot of things while my former ISFP boss just loved to spend, whatever money came into his account would be spent on all sorts of things because he wanted to "live the life" (including the best food, high quality clothes etc) I think it might be related to him having strong Se.

But I can definitely relate to your points of being easily bored and dissatisfied and having trouble putting this great N-vision into action.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions. catch my drift

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

While it's true, we do have a number of fabulous qualities (high intelligence, easy grasp of theoretical concepts, unusual independence of mind etc) some things about being an N dom just suck. cases in point:
    You must not be N dom then.

It only took 2 posts for this thread to devolve into the discussion of patronizing "faults." You guys are getting good at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions.

Oberon

Being intellectually focused doesn't make you intelligent. There are plenty of Ns out there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (though they're frequently certain they're authorities on both asses and holes).

MBTI
    yupp

Why does it suck? I don't think it sucks to be me, than again my N is aux but it's not about them it's about you and you feeling comfortable in your own skin. you making the world work for you (i don't mean in a minion kind of way, I mean find something about the world worthwhile instead of focusing on the negatives)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

high intelligence
    Still not true.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Being intellectually focused doesn't make you intelligent. There are plenty of Ns out there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (though they're frequently certain they're authorities on both asses and holes).

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Whatever sucks about being an N is completely made up for in my ability to manipulate and control literally everyone around me without them being aware of it.

I <3 Ne.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.