User Tag List

First 123

The most influential person in my life has been an INFP. However, I do not feel the need to idolize or villify the type based on this one person's influence on my life...

(even if he does like Glee and American Idol.)
    Last edited by iwakar; 02-17-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: punct.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Really? The way I see it, the INFPs here get brushed aside too often into the "meh" category by the forumers, while everyone loves and drools over the mysterious female INFJs.

Just look at all the threads asking about INFJs, compared to the ones asking about INFPs.
    Hmm. Haven't noticed the INFJ drooling.

I certainly haven't received any. So sad I feel slighted.

But then again, I'd rather not be drooled on.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I find I don't really inspire any significant feelings in others - good or bad
    Ha ha! INFPs are so modest. It's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I like INFPs on the whole, I can't imagine anyone actively disliking INFPs.

I can see how some INFPs can be overlooked sometimes. (Not by me! I'm rather partial to all INs though).
    Yes! ^ I can't imagine anyone saying, "I HATE (insert name of infp)!!!" I challenge any infp here to admit that anyone vehemently HATED them. I can understand someone being annoyed, frustrated or bored (sorry for that comment!) by an infp --- but, hate, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Good on you for confusing yourself. Yeah, I don't think INFPs are as angelic as they might come across as. And I don't think they generally consider themselves that angelic either. But the empathy does seep through in pretty much everything they do.
    I agree completely based on my very small sample size. Caught one in a few white lies - not quite as honest as others may perceive them. When someone has concerns about not offending others, being polite, pleasing others, I believe that complete honesty may be compromised in the process.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yes, but then I realized that part of it was my own fault. I didn't (and still don't) take enough initiative with others, and I indulge my lone wolf side too much. When you give off the impression that you want to be left alone, then people leave you alone.

It doesn't bug me much now; I consider it a blessing to inspire no more than neutral opinions from most people. Far less trouble that way .
    This reminds me of this Fi description:

Introverted feeling types generally tend to be amiable and pleasant sorts, but at times, they may seem inaccessible and indifferent. Typically, this type tries to keep people at bay, forcing them into a neutral, lukewarm position. The introverted feeling type is pleasant enough that others are drawn to them, yet are removed enough that no real progress can be made and no intensity can be realized. This results in a mysterious quality, alerting the other to depths which they can't quite access. After a certain amount of time, however, this frustrates the other person who may respond with some sort of attention-seeking act or emotional turbulence designed to elicit a response. However, this only exacerbates the problem, and the other person may come away feeling that somehow they are wrong or inappropriate for the outburst. While they may be harmonious, the harmony is an inner harmony which is synonymous with neutrality in the outer world.

http://introspective-to-a-fault.blog...traverted.html

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post

Oh there is. There is a general air here of implicit INFJ adoration. I sometimes feel like I'm being told in not so many words "why can't you just be more like an INFJ?".

But to a degree this is understandable. I also find INFJs fascinating

Its nice for you to say this but I am speaking truthfully. Perhaps I need to meet more people like you.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

violaine

Eh, imo, it was just a phase the board went through due to some ENTP adoration. It was actually kind of creepy/embarrassing seeing so many threads about INFJs.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

Oh there is. There is a general air here of implicit INFJ adoration. I sometimes feel like I'm being told in not so many words "why can't you just be more like an INFJ?".

But to a degree this is understandable. I also find INFJs fascinating
    Aw. That, kinda, sux, bleh. *e-hug*

Not to worry though, I think we are all second to the ENFPs in one sense, who are at the top of the food chain in terms of what seems to reel the men-folk in. (And that's just fine by me). :-)
    Last edited by violaine; 02-18-2011 at 07:14 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ lol i dunno about that. they just think they like us on the outside, and then they discover we're a bit more of an emotional package than they thought, and things go downhill from there.

anyway! do people really love/hate INFPs so much? i feel like there is plenty of love/hate for all the types. perhaps INFPs tend to polarize more because they appear so sweet/malleable/fluffy and it is sort of frightening(ly impressive) to be caught unaware on the bad side of one

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I mean it seems like people either think we're the greatest things on earth or they hate us and want us dead. Why is that? there's no INFPs are just ok.

Queue people being like I don't have strong feelings towards INFPs either way.
    INFPs are like musical artists. most of them have a certain "vibe" that people either love or are repulsed by. ENFPs tend to have this same quality and will also frequently have legions of fans and haters. such is the nature of Fi. it cannot help but express something powerful, the nature of which is either welcomed or scorned

Oberon

Oh prpz, everyone knows that INFPs are the best thing since BEFORE sliced bread. The ones that dislike y'all are only jealous.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I like INFPs on the whole, I can't imagine anyone actively disliking INFPs.
    Me too. I like to hug them but they won't let me. Especially my little sister, lol.

I like the threads that focus on INFPs exclusively

Just theorizing here: maybe it is because in discussions on things that matter to them individual INFPs can be such staunch allies or indefatigable opponents. Maybe it is that experience with an INFP's unyielding nature that some people cant get past, take personally, and use to color their perception of the whole type. I'm not sure this follows, just an idea.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism