• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Why are feelings for INFPs so strong on this forum?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most influential person in my life has been an INFP. However, I do not feel the need to idolize or villify the type based on this one person's influence on my life...

(even if he does like Glee and American Idol.)

Last edited:

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Really? The way I see it, the INFPs here get brushed aside too often into the "meh" category by the forumers, while everyone loves and drools over the mysterious female INFJs.

Just look at all the threads asking about INFJs, compared to the ones asking about INFPs.

Hmm. Haven't noticed the INFJ drooling.

I certainly haven't received any. So sad :( I feel slighted.

But then again, I'd rather not be drooled on.

I find I don't really inspire any significant feelings in others - good or bad :shrug:

Ha ha! INFPs are so modest. It's adorable.

I like INFPs on the whole, I can't imagine anyone actively disliking INFPs. :thinking:

I can see how some INFPs can be overlooked sometimes. (Not by me! I'm rather partial to all INs though).

Yes! ^ I can't imagine anyone saying, "I HATE (insert name of infp)!!!" I challenge any infp here to admit that anyone vehemently HATED them. I can understand someone being annoyed, frustrated or bored (sorry for that comment!) by an infp --- but, hate, NO.

Good on you for confusing yourself. :D Yeah, I don't think INFPs are as angelic as they might come across as. And I don't think they generally consider themselves that angelic either. But the empathy does seep through in pretty much everything they do.

I agree completely based on my very small sample size. Caught one in a few white lies - not quite as honest as others may perceive them. When someone has concerns about not offending others, being polite, pleasing others, I believe that complete honesty may be compromised in the process.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, but then I realized that part of it was my own fault. I didn't (and still don't) take enough initiative with others, and I indulge my lone wolf side too much. When you give off the impression that you want to be left alone, then people leave you alone.

It doesn't bug me much now; I consider it a blessing to inspire no more than neutral opinions from most people. Far less trouble that way :).
This reminds me of this Fi description:

Introverted feeling types generally tend to be amiable and pleasant sorts, but at times, they may seem inaccessible and indifferent. Typically, this type tries to keep people at bay, forcing them into a neutral, lukewarm position. The introverted feeling type is pleasant enough that others are drawn to them, yet are removed enough that no real progress can be made and no intensity can be realized. This results in a mysterious quality, alerting the other to depths which they can't quite access. After a certain amount of time, however, this frustrates the other person who may respond with some sort of attention-seeking act or emotional turbulence designed to elicit a response. However, this only exacerbates the problem, and the other person may come away feeling that somehow they are wrong or inappropriate for the outburst. While they may be harmonious, the harmony is an inner harmony which is synonymous with neutrality in the outer world.

http://introspective-to-a-fault.blogspot.com/2010/07/introverted-feeling-with-extraverted.html

Oh there is. There is a general air here of implicit INFJ adoration. I sometimes feel like I'm being told in not so many words "why can't you just be more like an INFJ?".

But to a degree this is understandable. I also find INFJs fascinating :)

Its nice for you to say this but I am speaking truthfully. Perhaps I need to meet more people like you. ;)

V

violaine

Eh, imo, it was just a phase the board went through due to some ENTP adoration. It was actually kind of creepy/embarrassing seeing so many threads about INFJs.

+1

Oh there is. There is a general air here of implicit INFJ adoration. I sometimes feel like I'm being told in not so many words "why can't you just be more like an INFJ?".

But to a degree this is understandable. I also find INFJs fascinating :)

Aw. That, kinda, sux, bleh. *e-hug*

Not to worry though, I think we are all second to the ENFPs in one sense, who are at the top of the food chain in terms of what seems to reel the men-folk in. :wink: (And that's just fine by me). :)

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ lol i dunno about that. they just think they like us on the outside, and then they discover we're a bit more of an emotional package than they thought, and things go downhill from there.
:doh::laugh:

anyway! do people really love/hate INFPs so much? i feel like there is plenty of love/hate for all the types. perhaps INFPs tend to polarize more because they appear so sweet/malleable/fluffy and it is sort of frightening(ly impressive) to be caught unaware on the bad side of one ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean it seems like people either think we're the greatest things on earth or they hate us and want us dead. Why is that? there's no INFPs are just ok.

Queue people being like I don't have strong feelings towards INFPs either way.

INFPs are like musical artists. most of them have a certain "vibe" that people either love or are repulsed by. ENFPs tend to have this same quality and will also frequently have legions of fans and haters. such is the nature of Fi. it cannot help but express something powerful, the nature of which is either welcomed or scorned

O

Oberon

Oh prpz, everyone knows that INFPs are the best thing since BEFORE sliced bread. The ones that dislike y'all are only jealous.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like INFPs on the whole, I can't imagine anyone actively disliking INFPs. :thinking:

Me too. I like to hug them but they won't let me. Especially my little sister, lol.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like the threads that focus on INFPs exclusively :yes:

Just theorizing here: maybe it is because in discussions on things that matter to them individual INFPs can be such staunch allies or indefatigable opponents. Maybe it is that experience with an INFP's unyielding nature that some people cant get past, take personally, and use to color their perception of the whole type. :shrug: I'm not sure this follows, just an idea.