• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Strengths?: What Are The Best Things about Being an ENFP

G

garbage

I don't know about you all, but I do pride myself on integrity. I actively try not to lie or rationalize to myself, and I actively seek out truth beyond my own--or, at least, to continually refine my own truth based upon external feedback and introspection.

I know that I have weaknesses (perhaps that's for another thread...), and I try to grasp what they are and correct them or turn them into strengths.

I also take on the mentality that there's enough 'strength' to go around--that my strength (or our type's strength) doesn't detract from anyone else's. We've all got our place, and much of my place is helping others find theirs.

I get the feeling that I want to see a reflection of myself out there in the world, and that I want the 'truths' of the world to be reflected within me. This is not out of self-love; otherwise, I'd stop at that first step--I believe it's more about harmony and merging with the world. Taken together, it's an iterative process of growth.

Do other ENFP's get dangerous when someone is being mean to someone else? But not to you?
Yeah, I jump in to defend others much more readily than I do to defend myself--though I often still try to be diplomatic since (a) I don't like 'bad blood,' (b) I treat the individuals involved.. well, individually, and (c) I may not have a complete understanding of the situation.

ENFPs I know treat everyone like individuals. They rarely stereotype, and are good at giving people chances.
Honestly, I do find that while some people may simply discard the downtrodden and regard them as 'beyond hope,' I try to invest in them. It's a risk, but it has paid off several times, both in a personally rewarding sense and in a practical sense.

My resilience and ability to find hope in almost any situation has served me very well in adversity. The ENFP thing has worked out for me.
Lemonade out of lemons, opportunity from catastrophe, and overall adaptability. Being able to 'roll with the punches' is a good thing.

IYAshike

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow! l was so thrilled to find this forum! All of a sudden, l found so many people that seem to have maaaany things in common with me! As an ENFP l am veeery different to the majority, l am very "true to myself" (if l make sense). "Bologna" describes me well, l was so astonished... Maybe l am not so different, after all :(

Anyway, just to say that all your comments put a smile on my face!

I will try to add my bit (and see if some of you share these traits):

- l am VERY loyal. l will not fail anybody because l would interpret that as to failing to myself. lf l say "l will do this or that for you", it means that l will do it (and if l have to die for it, l am ready to die then: l pay attention to what l promise). l might have to loose money, an opportunity, etc. in order to be loyal to someone, no matter what.

- l love "cute things"

- l am a "quick learner". If l have to buy a TV, l will very likely know more than the shopping assistant selling it to me in only a matter of a couple of days. l will read it all about TVs, and l will be able to remember it all without even trying. Now, after l buy the TV l will forget it all! The same in the case that l have to build my own computer, find out about a sickness, anything that l might need to know... in a matter of days l will definitely have a lot to say about! :D

- l have always kind of felt as if l had an "ancient soul". l don´t even believe in the soul concept, but l feel this way. Likewise, l have always felt l have a very strong "inner self"

- l love cuddles!

- l love to help others

- l can´t stand people who "don´t respect themselves", who let others treat them as crap... l rather die than letting someone treating me like rubbish. Period.

By the way if you find my English funny it´s because l am Spanish!

Best wishes to you all! :bye:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow! l was so thrilled to find this forum! All of a sudden, l found so many people that seem to have maaaany things in common with me! As an ENFP l am veeery different to the majority, l am very "true to myself" (if l make sense). "Bologna" describes me well, l was so astonished... Maybe l am not so different, after all :(

Anyway, just to say that all your comments put a smile on my face!

I will try to add my bit (and see if some of you share these traits):

- l am VERY loyal. l will not fail anybody because l would interpret that as to failing to myself. lf l say "l will do this or that for you", it means that l will do it (and if l have to die for it, l am ready to die then: l pay attention to what l promise). l might have to loose money, an opportunity, etc. in order to be loyal to someone, no matter what.

- l love "cute things"

- l am a "quick learner". If l have to buy a TV, l will very likely know more than the shopping assistant selling it to me in only a matter of a couple of days. l will read it all about TVs, and l will be able to remember it all without even trying. Now, after l buy the TV l will forget it all! The same in the case that l have to build my own computer, find out about a sickness, anything that l might need to know... in a matter of days l will definitely have a lot to say about! :D

- l have always kind of felt as if l had an "ancient soul". l don´t even believe in the soul concept, but l feel this way. Likewise, l have always felt l have a very strong "inner self"

- l love cuddles!

- l love to help others

- l can´t stand people who "don´t respect themselves", who let others treat them as crap... l rather die than letting someone treating me like rubbish. Period.

By the way if you find my English funny it´s because l am Spanish!

Best wishes to you all! :bye:

Welcome to "the forum".

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That'll drive any S or T type INSANE (and especially the super-realist STPs)!

:sick:

I've heard enough of "ENFP Wannabe." Can't you just be glad you have Ne and move on?

I think that compliments an ST because they don't get so stuck on arguing with them.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ENFPs are great listeners despite being an extrovert type, probably the greatest listeners of all the extroverts.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is it from a function perspective that makes us/ENFPs focused & studying of other people yet we often get accused of being self-absorbed? Is it just that hyper focus gets put on ourselves at times & seems excessive? Or is it a shadow function?

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is it from a function perspective that makes us/ENFPs focused & studying of other people yet we often get accused of being self-absorbed? Is it just that hyper focus gets put on ourselves at times & seems excessive? Or is it a shadow function?

I have always wondered that. Is it possible that we keep our (continuous, detailed, sort of intense) observations about other people to ourselves cause people don't like feeling like they are under a microscope? And then instead broadcast our observations/insights about ourselves, since people seem more comfortable with that? :shrug:

To answer the OP, I like being an ENFP for a bundle of reasons, but my favorite is probably the boost it gives me at work. I work in research (think commercial sociology), which, for whatever reason, don't draw a lot of Ne users. I'd guess lots of real-life sociologists are ENFP or at least NF, but for whatever reason, most of my field is populated by SJs and the occasional sparkly NT.

Being an ENFP means I conduct research differently than my colleagues and in a way that enhances their work even as their approach stabilizes mine. The way I research is basically setting my brain to pasture and letting myself follow any thread of thought that seems interesting, no matter how directly related. I gather everything and draw connections between all the dots of data, and then let my co-workers identify which is the worthwhile stuff and build structure around that. They love what I come up with and I love what happens to the work after they've cleaned it up and made it sing.

Oh my god, wall of text. Sorry guys. I guess I'm having a good day at work... :D

Marija

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hello pips!! I am amazed by how cool this community is!! :)

ENFP strenghts...
I can read people very well, their intentions.. their vibe :) but sometimes I pretend I like someone more than I actually do because my friends like that person a lot and I don't quite know how to articulate why I don't like that person.. but sooner or later they realize why :)
I really listen to people and their problems, so I give them advice or a little pep talk that is of concrete value, not just something general, that's why I feel I am succesful at cheering people up and motivating them.
I find strenght in difficulties, there's always a lesson behind everything.. and most of all, when surropunded by people I get very goofy, I love the energy I get from being around people and socializing or temwork makes me genuinly happy. :)
I'm sorry if my writing's bad, English is not my native language and I am pretty sleepy.. but this forum is so interesting, I can't stop reading, I'll never get up early in the morning!! :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My greatest asset is enthusiasm, it's the only way I can get things done. I have to build up large amounts of interest and ride the wave, then recognize when to jump off, else there are diminishing returns.

DaniaWania

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best and worst thing is my high level of empathy. I see most things and feel most things. I find it hard to separate myself and my own pain/love from someone else and their pain/love.

Sechale

MBTI Type
ENFP
curiosity
>> I feel like there's something burning within me. it's a glowing fire of self nestled somewhere in the dazzling kaleidoscope air of Ne and the deep embracing oceans of Fi. it can be a downside - or our greatest upside. it's a driving sense that i have purpose, that i have meaning. that i have endless depths of power and love. ... and it's not just about myself, it sees the fire in others and wants it to burn brightly, too. i want people who are passionate, whose eyes spark, who might not always be perfectly happy but who are hopeful and united and full of love. i want a brilliant world of light and color and joy and hope. i want to set the world alight.

That. Is. BEAUTIFUL!!

Especially this bit ... the greatest passion can come around this point: "it sees the fire in others and wants it to burn brightly, too. i want people who are passionate, whose eyes spark, who might not always be perfectly happy but who are hopeful and united and full of love. i want a brilliant world of light and color and joy and hope. i want to set the world alight."

Yes.

Sechale

MBTI Type
ENFP
Re. How INFP trumps ENFP: INFP usually have a very strong sense of integrity that to me is reminiscent of FJ. They can get indignant if a value is walked on. They are into character that runs deep, like a living underground river.

We ENFP by comparison may seem less commited to staid values because usually, we have our hearts open to the world and its many inputs. One of our downfalls (to introverted, loyal types) is that we flit from friend to friend, cause to cause, and may not lay down roots.

To people who need a few, good friends, this can seem shallow. But to us ENFP it is just us looping around the universe on the rocket-pack of our hearts, swirling rainbow magic all over people, sprinkling little bits of fairy-dust joy, staring with wonder and a wide-gobbed grin at the world and its many, many amazing possiblities ;)

In short, we get distracted. We care, but we get distracted by intellectually fascinating and good-feeling things :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP it is just us looping around the universe on the rocket-pack of our hearts, swirling, sprinkling little bits of fairy-dust joy, staring with wonder and a wide-gobbed grin at the world and its many, many amazing possiblities ;)

this is my favorite part. my exuberance in life and infinite curiosity. it makes living life very much an adventure.

i also love the ability to entertain multiple (often contrary) possibilities without feeling like any one needs to be 'right'. i love to dance in the gray area of life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That. Is. BEAUTIFUL!!

Especially this bit ... the greatest passion can come around this point: "it sees the fire in others and wants it to burn brightly, too. i want people who are passionate, whose eyes spark, who might not always be perfectly happy but who are hopeful and united and full of love. i want a brilliant world of light and color and joy and hope. i want to set the world alight."

Yes.

Thanks so much. :) I feel a little silly now reading this as an ENFP strength as I have reverted to typing as INFP, but the truth of the post stands. I'm glad you resonate with it, too.

IRT your following post, I have an ENFP cousin, and she is very much like you said. She flits from one thing to the next, but it's very lovely. I've thought of it as fairy dust, too. She's also e7, and she has a way of cheering everyone up. You just can't be around her and feel unhappy or lonely. Even when everyone's down, she lifts us up and draws us into her world.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I think ENFP is the ideal personality, at least in my opinion.

ai116

Optimism and dreaming up of multiple of ways to solve or analyze something

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ability to go from lemon to football in 2.3 seconds.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ENFP is fun and exciting and kind but takes no shit so is nice to those who deserve it, like me, and they are open minded and accepting and will always listen to you and support you and give you the advice you need and they are funny and say interesting things and they have good taste especially when they like your taste and yeah I like that they like me and that they are kind and awesome and so so attractive and they are adorable when they don't know how to do something and you can help them with it and really they are the best people in the world.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP is fun and exciting and kind but takes no shit so is nice to those who deserve it, like me, and they are open minded and accepting and will always listen to you and support you and give you the advice you need and they are funny and say interesting things and they have good taste especially when they like your taste and yeah I like that they like me and that they are kind and awesome and so so attractive and they are adorable when they don't know how to do something and you can help them with it and really they are the best people in the world.

Sooome one has a crush on an ENFP ;)