User Tag List

First 34567 Last

garbage

I don't know about you all, but I do pride myself on integrity. I actively try not to lie or rationalize to myself, and I actively seek out truth beyond my own--or, at least, to continually refine my own truth based upon external feedback and introspection.

I know that I have weaknesses (perhaps that's for another thread...), and I try to grasp what they are and correct them or turn them into strengths.

I also take on the mentality that there's enough 'strength' to go around--that my strength (or our type's strength) doesn't detract from anyone else's. We've all got our place, and much of my place is helping others find theirs.

I get the feeling that I want to see a reflection of myself out there in the world, and that I want the 'truths' of the world to be reflected within me. This is not out of self-love; otherwise, I'd stop at that first step--I believe it's more about harmony and merging with the world. Taken together, it's an iterative process of growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune413 View Post
    Do other ENFP's get dangerous when someone is being mean to someone else? But not to you?
    Yeah, I jump in to defend others much more readily than I do to defend myself--though I often still try to be diplomatic since (a) I don't like 'bad blood,' (b) I treat the individuals involved.. well, individually, and (c) I may not have a complete understanding of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanescence View Post
    ENFPs I know treat everyone like individuals. They rarely stereotype, and are good at giving people chances.
    Honestly, I do find that while some people may simply discard the downtrodden and regard them as 'beyond hope,' I try to invest in them. It's a risk, but it has paid off several times, both in a personally rewarding sense and in a practical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My resilience and ability to find hope in almost any situation has served me very well in adversity. The ENFP thing has worked out for me.
    Lemonade out of lemons, opportunity from catastrophe, and overall adaptability. Being able to 'roll with the punches' is a good thing.

MBTI
    ENFP

Wow! l was so thrilled to find this forum! All of a sudden, l found so many people that seem to have maaaany things in common with me! As an ENFP l am veeery different to the majority, l am very "true to myself" (if l make sense). "Bologna" describes me well, l was so astonished... Maybe l am not so different, after all

Anyway, just to say that all your comments put a smile on my face!

I will try to add my bit (and see if some of you share these traits):

- l am VERY loyal. l will not fail anybody because l would interpret that as to failing to myself. lf l say "l will do this or that for you", it means that l will do it (and if l have to die for it, l am ready to die then: l pay attention to what l promise). l might have to loose money, an opportunity, etc. in order to be loyal to someone, no matter what.

- l love "cute things"

- l am a "quick learner". If l have to buy a TV, l will very likely know more than the shopping assistant selling it to me in only a matter of a couple of days. l will read it all about TVs, and l will be able to remember it all without even trying. Now, after l buy the TV l will forget it all! The same in the case that l have to build my own computer, find out about a sickness, anything that l might need to know... in a matter of days l will definitely have a lot to say about!

- l have always kind of felt as if l had an "ancient soul". l don´t even believe in the soul concept, but l feel this way. Likewise, l have always felt l have a very strong "inner self"

- l love cuddles!

- l love to help others

- l can´t stand people who "don´t respect themselves", who let others treat them as crap... l rather die than letting someone treating me like rubbish. Period.

By the way if you find my English funny it´s because l am Spanish!

Best wishes to you all!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by IYAshike View Post
    Wow! l was so thrilled to find this forum! All of a sudden, l found so many people that seem to have maaaany things in common with me! As an ENFP l am veeery different to the majority, l am very "true to myself" (if l make sense). "Bologna" describes me well, l was so astonished... Maybe l am not so different, after all

Anyway, just to say that all your comments put a smile on my face!

I will try to add my bit (and see if some of you share these traits):

- l am VERY loyal. l will not fail anybody because l would interpret that as to failing to myself. lf l say "l will do this or that for you", it means that l will do it (and if l have to die for it, l am ready to die then: l pay attention to what l promise). l might have to loose money, an opportunity, etc. in order to be loyal to someone, no matter what.

- l love "cute things"

- l am a "quick learner". If l have to buy a TV, l will very likely know more than the shopping assistant selling it to me in only a matter of a couple of days. l will read it all about TVs, and l will be able to remember it all without even trying. Now, after l buy the TV l will forget it all! The same in the case that l have to build my own computer, find out about a sickness, anything that l might need to know... in a matter of days l will definitely have a lot to say about!

- l have always kind of felt as if l had an "ancient soul". l don´t even believe in the soul concept, but l feel this way. Likewise, l have always felt l have a very strong "inner self"

- l love cuddles!

- l love to help others

- l can´t stand people who "don´t respect themselves", who let others treat them as crap... l rather die than letting someone treating me like rubbish. Period.

By the way if you find my English funny it´s because l am Spanish!

Best wishes to you all!
    Welcome to "the forum".
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    That'll drive any S or T type INSANE (and especially the super-realist STPs)!

I've heard enough of "ENFP Wannabe." Can't you just be glad you have Ne and move on?
    I think that compliments an ST because they don't get so stuck on arguing with them.

Permabanned

ENFPs are great listeners despite being an extrovert type, probably the greatest listeners of all the extroverts.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

What is it from a function perspective that makes us/ENFPs focused & studying of other people yet we often get accused of being self-absorbed? Is it just that hyper focus gets put on ourselves at times & seems excessive? Or is it a shadow function?

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    What is it from a function perspective that makes us/ENFPs focused & studying of other people yet we often get accused of being self-absorbed? Is it just that hyper focus gets put on ourselves at times & seems excessive? Or is it a shadow function?
    I have always wondered that. Is it possible that we keep our (continuous, detailed, sort of intense) observations about other people to ourselves cause people don't like feeling like they are under a microscope? And then instead broadcast our observations/insights about ourselves, since people seem more comfortable with that?

To answer the OP, I like being an ENFP for a bundle of reasons, but my favorite is probably the boost it gives me at work. I work in research (think commercial sociology), which, for whatever reason, don't draw a lot of Ne users. I'd guess lots of real-life sociologists are ENFP or at least NF, but for whatever reason, most of my field is populated by SJs and the occasional sparkly NT.

Being an ENFP means I conduct research differently than my colleagues and in a way that enhances their work even as their approach stabilizes mine. The way I research is basically setting my brain to pasture and letting myself follow any thread of thought that seems interesting, no matter how directly related. I gather everything and draw connections between all the dots of data, and then let my co-workers identify which is the worthwhile stuff and build structure around that. They love what I come up with and I love what happens to the work after they've cleaned it up and made it sing.

Oh my god, wall of text. Sorry guys. I guess I'm having a good day at work...

Glycerine

Shakers and movers of people, generally speaking.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Hello pips!! I am amazed by how cool this community is!!

ENFP strenghts...
    I can read people very well, their intentions.. their vibe but sometimes I pretend I like someone more than I actually do because my friends like that person a lot and I don't quite know how to articulate why I don't like that person.. but sooner or later they realize why
    I really listen to people and their problems, so I give them advice or a little pep talk that is of concrete value, not just something general, that's why I feel I am succesful at cheering people up and motivating them.
    I find strenght in difficulties, there's always a lesson behind everything.. and most of all, when surropunded by people I get very goofy, I love the energy I get from being around people and socializing or temwork makes me genuinly happy.
    I'm sorry if my writing's bad, English is not my native language and I am pretty sleepy.. but this forum is so interesting, I can't stop reading, I'll never get up early in the morning!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My greatest asset is enthusiasm, it's the only way I can get things done. I have to build up large amounts of interest and ride the wave, then recognize when to jump off, else there are diminishing returns.