• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Strengths?: What Are The Best Things about Being an ENFP

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Re. How INFP trumps ENFP: INFP usually have a very strong sense of integrity that to me is reminiscent of FJ. They can get indignant if a value is walked on. They are into character that runs deep, like a living underground river.

We ENFP by comparison may seem less commited to staid values because usually, we have our hearts open to the world and its many inputs. One of our downfalls (to introverted, loyal types) is that we flit from friend to friend, cause to cause, and may not lay down roots.

It's totally different from FJ, but it's also very true. An INFJ is going to try to exert control over a situation, an INFP is more likely to try to prevent people from taking control of others.

If an INFJ and INFP watch Dark Knight - the INFP is as likely to root for Joker as Batman - whereas the INFJ is going to love the very INFJ Batman.

"'It is the most improper job of any man to boss others, least of all those who seek the opportunity." - Tolkien (INFP)

"An individual Christian may see fit to give up all sorts of things for special reasons--marriage, or meat, or beer, or the cinema; but the moment he starts saying the things are bad in themselves, or looking down his nose at other people who do use them, he has taken the wrong turning" - C.S. Lewis (INFP)

"I wish I had more friends, but people are such jerks. If you can just get most people to leave you alone, you're doing good." - Bill Watterson (INFP)

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell (INFP)

"The Devil answer’d: ‘Bray a fool in a mortar with wheat, yet shall not his folly be beaten out of him. If Jesus Christ is the greatest man, you ought to love Him in the greatest degree. Now hear how He has given His sanction to the law of ten commandments. Did He not mock at the sabbath, and so mock the sabbath’s God; murder those who were murder’d because of Him; turn away the law from the woman taken in adultery; steal the labour of others to support Him; bear false witness when He omitted making a defence before Pilate; covet when He pray’d for His disciples, and when He bid them shake off the dust of their feet against such as refused to lodge them? I tell you, no virtue can exist without breaking these ten commandments. Jesus was all virtue, and acted from impulse, not from rules.’" - William Blake (INFP)

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That akward moment when you read your type descriptions strengths and you feel yourself lacking :(
I wonder if any type strengths are even apparent if one is not happy in their lives (which would mean they aren't being themselves). And why do some ENFPs seem to do it and others don't? Hmmm...
Many of the descriptions make it sound like , more so than other types perhaps, ENFPs need to have their heart open to life and others. Most of the qualities listed on this thread seem to revolve around that.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That akward moment when you read your type descriptions strengths and you feel yourself lacking :(
I wonder if any type strengths are even apparent if one is not happy in their lives (which would mean they aren't being themselves). And why do some ENFPs seem to do it and others don't? Hmmm...
Many of the descriptions make it sound like , more so than other types perhaps, ENFPs need to have their heart open to life and others. Most of the qualities listed on this thread seem to revolve around that.

Imho the open hearted and minded kinda thing is more true of young ENFPs. Every older ENFP I've met has enough life-experience (Si), questioned their values enough (Fi), and learned to make decisions based on logic (Te) as much as values and therefor isn't dancing through their lives without making any judgements ever - quite the opposite in fact.
Hate to say that, but it's a stupid stereotype of an ENFP. Just read the descriptions of ENFPs on the web and you'll see what I'm talking about. But to imagine a human being after 13 years of age not having any opinion on anything whatsoever is unrealistic as hell.

True however is, in comparison to a lot of other types, ENFPs are rather open-minded and less judgemental, due to Ne. But that doesn't mean we never judge. And hopping through life from experience to experience without making any judgements and reflecting back on our experiences and how they impacted us is really not a quality you should envy or long to have... that way you either get nowhere or yourself into trouble.

I've met enough people doing that, though. And they weren't even ENFPs necessarily.