• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- you can seem like an ENFP, ESFP, ENTJ, ENTP, INFP or INTJ
- you thought for you were INFP for years, and perhaps didn't want to admit that you weren't
- you're an F, but you're not a very emotional person
- you are secretly an attention whore, but you know how to get attention without looking like one
- you HATE rules
- you dress and act like a complete diva
- you make an entrance that says "I'm here bitches"
- you are extremely perverted and people hate to admit that they love this about you
- you get more rational when you get angry, not less
- you are like an INFP with your lover and an ENTJ at work
- your Te manifests itself in a "power laugh" that you use on people who are being condescending

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

lol these are not me

BUT the others are sooooo true!! :D

- people really like you even though you don't really like them, but you do kind of like them, you can't help it
- you start your day intending to do 1 thing and get 20 other things done but not that 1 thing
- you code-switch between discussing theoretical physics and puppies
- you are much crazier than people realize and that is saying a lot
- when you actually decide to be productive, you srsly kick ass
- when something is really awesome you HAVE TO SHARE
- random people confide in you for no apparent reason
- you can make business formal look cute and fun
- you truly believe nothing is impossible

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
As someone has pointed out on the forum...

- When you're like a google search engine.. asking a question one way gets you a vapid stare, but re-wording it instantly clicks into the answer they were looking for.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
-You start reading something on the internet and then go in an off-tangant concerning a link in some other topic, then follow another link concerning another topic, then realize an hour later you've completely forgoten the original thing that you were doing.

-You want to wear an outfit that is both ridiculous and cool at the same time; like a cowboy hat, with a leather jacket that has a tiger design on the back of it, bitching gloves, and a pair of goggles/ornaments object around the rim ot that hat.

-You speculate out-of-this-world ideas to everybody, just for the sake of bouncing ideas.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- people assume that you're immature and uncommitted because you have a layed back, silly and happy go lucky exterior, but they don't see your deep running passion and conviction that resides on the inside
- people mistake you for stupid for the same reason
- you deal with the above 2 points by using a lot more Te and developing a more corporate looking personality
- you are surprised by things that you can't intuitively grasp immediately
- you are hardworking at times and can be extremely productive.... but you'd rather not if you had the option
- people mistake you for being assumptive and stereotyping because you apparently come across that way for some reason even though nothing could be further from the truth and nearly 100% of your decisions are tentative (I have a lot of trouble with this one)
ex:
ENFP: SJs tend to like rules

what the ENFP is implying: a higher percentage of SJs are comfortable with rules than most other types even though lots of them are quite open minded and adaptable (do you see how saying/writing all this out would get rather tedious with the number of concepts the ENFP tends to talk about)

what people perceive the ENFP to be saying: all SJs are idiots who can't get past their petty rules (do you see how this is taking the absolute worst interpretation of what someone could possibly have been saying by "SJs tend to like rules")

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely, except I don't really care about fashion/clothes in general.

Another thing: i know ENFP's have that perceiving side to them, but there is something I don't get about my personality: I don't have a problem making decisions and I'm happier when I've made one, not less. When my friends try to convince me to go somewhere or do something I'm (often) pretty quick to make up my mind. If I decide I don't want to go or do something, then they start pushing, and I start getting angry because I meant it when I said I didn't want to do it. I guess I'm pretty stubborn. So I wonder, how does being stubborn fit into being an ENFP? Do you also find this?

- you thought for you were INFP for years, and perhaps didn't want to admit that you weren't
- you are secretly an attention whore, but you know how to get attention without looking like one
- you HATE rules
- you are extremely perverted and people hate to admit that they love this about you
- your Te manifests itself in a "power laugh" that you use on people who are being condescending

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, like Ani DiFranco said (another ENFP, IMO): "I've got a heavy heart to carry but a very strong will"

- people assume that you're immature and uncommitted because you have a layed back, silly and happy go lucky exterior, but they don't see your deep running passion and conviction that resides on the inside

absolutely. i always get into trouble for this.
- people mistake you for being assumptive and stereotyping because you apparently come across that way for some reason even though nothing could be further from the truth and nearly 100% of your decisions are tentative (I have a lot of trouble with this one)
ex:

what the ENFP is implying: a higher percentage of SJs are comfortable with rules than most other types even though lots of them are quite open minded and adaptable (do you see how saying/writing all this out would get rather tedious with the number of concepts the ENFP tends to talk about)

what people perceive the ENFP to be saying: all SJs are idiots who can't get past their petty rules (do you see how this is taking the absolute worst interpretation of what someone could possibly have been saying by "SJs tend to like rules")

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
-
not years...lol...
hmmm, 50% not a whore, maybe a bt of a slut...I enjoy attention, from the people I want attention from...
- you HATE rules
I dont hate ALL rules, i do hate rules ther interfere with my personal freedom, but I like rules that re there to keep others from hurting people other than their self...
- you make an entrance that says "I'm here bitches" in the right situations I can, but not often.
No more than the average person, im just more likely to make jokes about it, and be open with it in general, nothing wrong with human sexuality... people are stuffy, they give me crap, but in the end they are always laughing their butts off when I make a joke, and often even thinking there was a dirty joke when I didnt even make one! lol
- you get more rational when you get angry, not less------Definitely.
- you are like an INFP with your lover and an ENTJ at work-------seems like it.
- your Te manifests itself in a "power laugh" that you use on people who are being condescending--------hmmm, I guess one could describe it like that.

- people really like you even though you don't really like them, but you do kind of like them, you can't help it--Yup
- you start your day intending to do 1 thing and get 20 other things done but not that 1 thing---Definitely -_- damnit...
- you code-switch between discussing theoretical physics and puppies----hahaha! yes!!!
- you are much crazier than people realize and that is saying a lot-----I try to warn them, they never believe me:p
- when you actually decide to be productive, you srsly kick ass------yup...
- when something is really awesome you HAVE TO SHARE-----hahahahaha yesssss
- random people confide in you for no apparent reason------Constantly!
- you can make business formal look cute and fun------I have no idea...but I wouldnt mind trying ^_^
- you truly believe nothing is impossible--------Lately at least ive been more pessimistic, but even now, the slightest glimmer of hope suddenly fills me with so much optimism and this "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" attitude, that I almost wanna slap myself...lol

- people assume that you're immature and uncommitted because you have a layed back, silly and happy go lucky exterior, but they don't see your deep running passion and conviction that resides on the inside---semi accurate. some see it.
- people mistake you for stupid for the same reason----also semi accurate, some see meas stupid cause of the brain damage more likely though.
- you deal with the above 2 points by using a lot more Te and developing a more corporate looking personality----yup
- you are surprised by things that you can't intuitively grasp immediately-----yes...and then I attack them like a rubiks cube
- you are hardworking at times and can be extremely productive.... but you'd rather not if you had the option-- sort of... this is accurate as far as normal productivity goes... but as far as my hobbies go, they involve some very productive activities, which I love to do...
- people mistake you for being assumptive and stereotyping because you apparently come across that way for some reason even though nothing could be further from the truth and nearly 100% of your decisions are tentative (I have a lot of trouble with this one) --------------Assumptive yes, stereotyping, very rarely, most people that assume im being Assumptive, well, I end up being right, but they tend to argue that I didnt have enough info to "know" so I was assuming, I point out that there was enough info for ME...and my "assumption" was right... (they arent ALWAYS right...but more often than not...)

"I've got a heavy heart to carry but a very strong will"
:hifive:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another thing: i know ENFP's have that perceiving side to them, but there is something I don't get about my personality: I don't have a problem making decisions and I'm happier when I've made one, not less. When my friends try to convince me to go somewhere or do something I'm (often) pretty quick to make up my mind. If I decide I don't want to go or do something, then they start pushing, and I start getting angry because I meant it when I said I didn't want to do it. I guess I'm pretty stubborn. So I wonder, how does being stubborn fit into being an ENFP? Do you also find this?

yeah, i'm definitely a little stubborn sometimes. i do have trouble with decisions about some things, but when it comes to planning and logistics i can decide and delegate no problem. i hate when people push me. and even though i'm very flexible in terms of capability, i very much dislike when someone calls me up and changes plans last-minute. it doesn't stress me out, just pisses me off.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
when you're constantly are reading into the situation more than you should be.. my ENFP friend is always annoying me with his "step ahead" thoughts that usually turn out to be wildly overimaginative (in a bad way)

sculpting

- you HATE rules

hehehe, those are pretty cool and spot on, except for the marked out ones, but then I am 4w5 so who knows.

- you are surprised by things that you can't intuitively grasp immediately
- you are hardworking at times and can be extremely productive.... but you'd rather not if you had the option

ex:

YES!!!!!! God YESS!!!! I do this all the time and it is so annoying.

also. look an enfp scientist! (You know they are an ENFP when they start blabbing about how beautiful their protein structures are, the inherent individuality of each buffer solution and the complex, deep, passionate, cosmic permenance of linear algebra.)

beauty.png

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
When its easier to just try everything and figure out what isn't you, then to know ahead of time what is.....

NoMoreFun

MBTI Type
ENFP
... when every once in a blue moon somebody mistakes your F-ness for being a pushover and does something that really pushes your buttons. It usually ends badly.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- when you harbor thoughts about abstract concepts and/or emotional scenarios that you couldn't possibly articulate in a way that would do them justice. so you turn to art.
- when you see things in people that [you feel] they couldn't possibly handle knowing. so you internalize or mete out your opinion.
- when you fly to the side of the misunderstood, partially owed to your compassion and partially because you see yourself in them.
- when mirrors feature prominently in your home, but not for the reason people might think. you like to see things in their various incarnations and constantly wonder about them, including yourself.
- when you know how to dress, speak, dance, draw, sing, cook, or write to affect change in others (and have sometimes mastered permutations of these to a frightening degree)
- when no matter how often people unsolicitedly or otherwise kiss your ass, offer to do you favors, sing your praises--you are unphased. because you don't want the world doing this for you, just quite possibly one and just quite possibly because you have sincerely and open-heartedly earned it.
- when you secretly believe your love is one of the greatest healing forces in the cosmos. you know on some level this is likely overblown. but you've seen it heal and transform enough situations and people to give some faint credence to your belief. but you've also seen how badly you can unwittingly devastate others and raze cities of goodwill to the ground. so you wonder, little fairy, if instead you are lightness and darkness embodied. and this makes you uncomfortable.
- when you walk into a throbbing mass of people and your eyes go straight for the epicenter, which you plan to momentarily own. sometimes for the attention but often because you simply want to feel the most energy flowing through you as possible.
- when you are the greatest unsolvable puzzle you've ever encountered.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you'd rather make a christmas tree, or refuse to have one at all, than watch a beautiful living thing slowly die while groaning under the weight of material tackiness in your living room.

/true story. i now project a christmas tree hologram onto my wall. :blush:

and you are a hypocrite because duck and rabbit are among your favorite foods. but you feel deep remorse with every pleasurable bite.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you can relate to this:

pantonerubik.jpg

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you see someone being bullied and intervene.
When you don't just want to go round an object but go inside it, feel it and suss it out.
When you realise that you have regularly inspired people just by being you and giving a shit.
When the first rays of the sun touch your eyes and you wake up dancing.
When all the little dots join together and you shout Eureka!...in a bookshop because you temporarily forgot where you were.
When you hardly speak a word of another language yet completely understand what people are saying because you understand them through your intuition, their intonation and body language.

When people think you are very odd, except other ENFP'S.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Lol the Te power laugh... I totally do that but never really thought about it in those terms before.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol the Te power laugh... I totally do that but never really thought about it in those terms before.

I do that too, but people always say it's a dirty laugh. I say it's a power laugh!