• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical gestures to accompany talking,
guilty

Mikesen

I think the points you guys are purporting are pretty spot on. The only problem is it seems our personality depends greatly on our external environment. For instance:

Since I graduated high school all of my friends have moved away to college. I have had a relatively small group of friends that I can get close to and because of it I've gone very introverted. I've been serious at every moment of the day.

Before they left I was as bubbly as you guys were describing. I did have my serious moments, and they may have been more common than my bubbly moments, especially when the topics of injustice and politics came up. My point here is this: I don't think a person's "bubblieness" is really going to help you spot an ENFP. Your best bets are hand gestures and their speech. The analogous speech is a dead giveaway. We literally do think in terms of comparisons and metaphors. But more specifically to identify the p in someone you have to look for the way they command things. If they come right out and tell you what you should do, they're J. If they suggest "we do something" then they're p. It's pretty helpful. Read The Pygmalion Project for the Idealist by Montgomery.

Edit: had to fix my 'their's. I don't usually mess up on those, but I have a lot lately.

Last edited:

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think the points you guys are purporting are pretty spot on. The only problem is it seems our personality depends greatly on our external environment. For instance:

Since I graduated high school all of my friends have moved away to college. I have had a relatively small group of friends that I can get close to and because of it I've gone very introverted. I've been serious at every moment of the day.

Before they left I was as bubbly as you guys were describing. I did have my serious moments, and they may have been more common than my bubbly moments, especially when the topics of injustice and politics came up. My point here is this: I don't think a person's "bubblieness" is really going to help you spot an ENFP. Your best bets are hand gestures and their speech. The analogous speech is a dead giveaway. We literally do think in terms of comparisons and metaphors. But more specifically to identify the p in someone you have to look for the way they command things. If they come right out and tell you what you should do, their J. If they suggest "we do something" then their p. It's pretty helpful. Read The Pygmalion Project for the Idealist by Montgomery.

Great insight!! and very true about the bubbliness and introvertedness!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am bubbly (but no 100% of time) and very energetic. Very energetic.

Did I already mention that I'm very energetic? :static:

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am bubbly (but no 100% of time) and very energetic. Very energetic.

Did I already mention that I'm very energetic? :static:

heheh....yeah i think i may have heard the word 'energetic' in there somewhere :D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
heheh....yeah i think i may have heard the word 'energetic' in there somewhere :D

:thinking: You might have. ;)

I'm the power plant of energy for the people around me althought I do need people in order to get energetic. :thinking:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Beware of emotional vampires!!!

That's why CaptainChick has to peace out for a bit and go :ninja:, sometimes.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Beware of emotional vampires!!!

Yes, actually emotional vampires are one of the biggest problems I have currently. :( I really don't know how to deal with them and I certainly don't know how to hide my energy. If the energy flows, then it flows. I cannot restrict my energy because I love it (and hate it sometimes).

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I realize something that I do frequently when talking with people I know is voice characterizations. I especially love to imitate authority figures or people with unusual voices when reiterating prior conversations. I may make faces as part of the conversation as well. Seems to make the point over better, or to serve as levity at a darker moment. I can't remember when I started doing this, but I seem to be unable to stop.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, actually emotional vampires are one of the biggest problems I have currently. :( I really don't know how to deal with them and I certainly don't know how to hide my energy. If the energy flows, then it flows. I cannot restrict my energy because I love it (and hate it sometimes).

You're a people magnet. I'm about a bubbly as a glass or water.:vader1: I will kill for that kind of energy.:spam_laser:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You're a people magnet. I'm about a bubbly as a glass or water.:vader1: I will kill for that kind of energy.:spam_laser:

Glass of water is very calming and it will help to balance the glass with the bubbly water.
Or the other way around. People are ENFP magnets. ;) I need people in order to get some energy.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Glass of water is very calming and it will help to balance the glass with the bubbly water.
Or the other way around. People are ENFP magnets. ;) I need people in order to get some energy.

I am sure there is wisdom in that post but I am still trying to decipher it.:shock:

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am sure there is wisdom in that post but I am still trying to decipher it.:shock:

Yeah hes talking about the cause and effect. People usually see the effect- ie ppl are ENFP magnets, whereas the cause is that an ENFP is energetic because there are people around him, from whom he draws his energy from.
So he basically pointed out the cause which comes before the effect :D

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?? ;)

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP

Btw LosInnerSpace, This is sooo out of the topic, but I was reading an ENFP+INTP relationship post that you posted earlier (bcos i was researching my own problems), about some ENFP Indian girl whom you wanted to marry. So what happened there? You know the spy museum and all?? Sorry for being nosy, you dont have to tell me if you dont want to. :D
thanks.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Yeah hes talking about the cause and effect. People usually see the effect- ie ppl are ENFP magnets, whereas the cause is that an ENFP is energetic because there are people around him, from whom he draws his energy from.
So he basically pointed out the cause which comes before the effect :D

ummm.........well..........yeah thats what I meant.:D

The egg of course, there is scientific proof silly.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

Sounds like a storm in a tea cup to me.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Btw LosInnerSpace, This is sooo out of the topic, but I was reading an ENFP+INTP relationship post that you posted earlier (bcos i was researching my own problems), about some ENFP Indian girl whom you wanted to marry. So what happened there? You know the spy museum and all?? Sorry for being nosy, you dont have to tell me if you dont want to. :D
thanks.

:angry:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

The crocodile. I have a theory on this. If you look at crocs who have not evolved much in 150 million years, their eggs are leathery. My theory is that a some point these lizards where giving birth to their young in a kind of membrane, which over time evloved into a leathery egg. The leathery eggs then evolved into egg shell which are basically made of calcium.