ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Physical gestures to accompany talking,
    guilty
    I N V I C T U S

I think the points you guys are purporting are pretty spot on. The only problem is it seems our personality depends greatly on our external environment. For instance:

Since I graduated high school all of my friends have moved away to college. I have had a relatively small group of friends that I can get close to and because of it I've gone very introverted. I've been serious at every moment of the day.

Before they left I was as bubbly as you guys were describing. I did have my serious moments, and they may have been more common than my bubbly moments, especially when the topics of injustice and politics came up. My point here is this: I don't think a person's "bubblieness" is really going to help you spot an ENFP. Your best bets are hand gestures and their speech. The analogous speech is a dead giveaway. We literally do think in terms of comparisons and metaphors. But more specifically to identify the p in someone you have to look for the way they command things. If they come right out and tell you what you should do, they're J. If they suggest "we do something" then they're p. It's pretty helpful. Read The Pygmalion Project for the Idealist by Montgomery.

Edit: had to fix my 'their's. I don't usually mess up on those, but I have a lot lately.
    Last edited by Mikesen; 03-25-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    "We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit."
    Tom Hayden

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesen View Post
    I think the points you guys are purporting are pretty spot on. The only problem is it seems our personality depends greatly on our external environment. For instance:

Since I graduated high school all of my friends have moved away to college. I have had a relatively small group of friends that I can get close to and because of it I've gone very introverted. I've been serious at every moment of the day.

Before they left I was as bubbly as you guys were describing. I did have my serious moments, and they may have been more common than my bubbly moments, especially when the topics of injustice and politics came up. My point here is this: I don't think a person's "bubblieness" is really going to help you spot an ENFP. Your best bets are hand gestures and their speech. The analogous speech is a dead giveaway. We literally do think in terms of comparisons and metaphors. But more specifically to identify the p in someone you have to look for the way they command things. If they come right out and tell you what you should do, their J. If they suggest "we do something" then their p. It's pretty helpful. Read The Pygmalion Project for the Idealist by Montgomery.
    Great insight!! and very true about the bubbliness and introvertedness!

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

For what it is worth, I am *not* bubbly.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I am bubbly (but no 100% of time) and very energetic. Very energetic.

Did I already mention that I'm very energetic?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I am bubbly (but no 100% of time) and very energetic. Very energetic.

Did I already mention that I'm very energetic?
    heheh....yeah i think i may have heard the word 'energetic' in there somewhere

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    heheh....yeah i think i may have heard the word 'energetic' in there somewhere
    You might have.

I'm the power plant of energy for the people around me althought I do need people in order to get energetic.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Beware of emotional vampires!!!

That's why CaptainChick has to peace out for a bit and go , sometimes.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Beware of emotional vampires!!!
    Yes, actually emotional vampires are one of the biggest problems I have currently. I really don't know how to deal with them and I certainly don't know how to hide my energy. If the energy flows, then it flows. I cannot restrict my energy because I love it (and hate it sometimes).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

I realize something that I do frequently when talking with people I know is voice characterizations. I especially love to imitate authority figures or people with unusual voices when reiterating prior conversations. I may make faces as part of the conversation as well. Seems to make the point over better, or to serve as levity at a darker moment. I can't remember when I started doing this, but I seem to be unable to stop.