Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    Lol. ENFP's are probably the most misunderstood of all the personality types. Some say "INFJ's" but in my opinion ENFP's have the hardest time being themselves in today's society. A lot of drop outs even though we have above average IQ. A lot of addicts. If you want to see the ENFP struggle read "Antifragile" by Nicholas Nassim Taleb and you will see an highly intelligent well developed ENFP's take on the world. Also one of the greatest books of all time. So ACCURATE it's scary. It will probably destroy your view on the world.
    Couldn't agree with you more in suggesting ENFPs may have the hardest time trying to fit within today's society. We hate to be micromanaged, or just feeling constricted in general. We're great spawning new ideas and leading with direction towards a unified vision for a company, basically playing the CEO, but how does one get there? By working their way up through the grunt work and nitty-gritty of management and we suck at that. I think one of the only ways ENFPs can truly thrive in today's society is to be entrepreneurs and be able to run their own show, or through other means like running a blog or other ways that allow the freedom and flexibility ENFPs so often seek.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Forever_Jung liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more in suggesting ENFPs may have the hardest time trying to fit within today's society. We hate to be micromanaged, or just feeling constricted in general. We're great spawning new ideas and leading with direction towards a unified vision for a company, basically playing the CEO, but how does one get there? By working their way up through the grunt work and nitty-gritty of management and we suck at that. I think one of the only ways ENFPs can truly thrive in today's society is to be entrepreneurs and be able to run their own show, or through other means like running a blog or other ways that allow the freedom and flexibility ENFPs so often seek.

Enneagram

Yes! I worked an entry-level customer service position at a bookstore and got very restless after a while, so I sort of created my own little empire outside the bounds of store protocol. I ended up on the radio unofficially promoting books for the store, visiting local schools to do readings, and hosting events with nearly 200 people in my little corner of the store. My coworkers were happy to act as my underlings, because they were just excited to be a part of something meaningful and fun. All of it, unofficial and outside my job description, just done for its own sake.

The problem was, since it was unofficial, I was still getting minimum wage and the management said I could never be promoted because I'm too hard to control and too honest with customers. I also told the General manager that the company was despicable and went on a self-righteous Fi-rant after a very stressful day, and it's hard to come back from that. So I rather abruptly moved out of the province and have to start all over again.

So if store management is reading this, that's how you spot an ENFP!
    Likes Qlip, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

If they look like they'd be the star of their own animated Disney film, then they're probably an ENFP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

An example of domain specificity.

1. Dinosaurs went extinct we ask. What CAUSED it, as in the environment changing or environmentally caused.
    2. Individual fails in a given environment. We blame the person and don't analyze the environment. Although the outcome says just as much about the environment as it does about the person.

ENFP's - Julianne Assange, Ralph Nadar, Che Guevera, Mark Twain etc...need I say more?
    Likes chubber liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd say one way to spot an ENFP is to keep an eye out for that dominant Ne function. Now, usually you have to talk to someone to notice it, but once you see it, you'll realize just how much ENFPs are swimming in the goop. (Same can be said for ENTPs too though)
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes burningranger liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Maybe, perhaps, you gotta trust me on this one, ok hear me out... maybe... maybe they will hold a giant sign above their heads that says ENFP on it in such big letters that you can see it from a mile away.

Nah, you just gotta learn the difference between Ne and Se and learn how to identify it.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

1) Able to get just about anyone to open up. I hold a leadership position in school and I can get even the most quiet and/or socially awkward (I do not mean this as an insult) to open up to me. But can seem a bit haphazard at times since I need to vibe and feel the frequency of the other before I can taper my words to suit them.

2) Externally like an ESFP, love for life and enthusiasm. But we will randomly shock people by suddenly, in some instances by saying something that shows we really gets whats going on underneath the smiles and laughter.

3) Capable of being alone as well. Not sure if this is synonymous with all ENFP since I don't rank very high on E but I enjoy my alone time as much as social interaction. Often cannot pick between the two.

MBTI
    ESxx

Maybe nobody is following this thread anymore. I'll try asking a question anyway.
    What if an ENFP was a 5w6? What would that be like?