failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I would need an example of this chubber. This *may* be something you're merely imagining.
    I could be imagining a lot of things, couldn't I?
    Likes Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    The times I misread someone or judge inaccurately is when I ignore my intuition or feeling about a situation, and try to analyze it and come objectively at it instead. I don't know why I allow myself to do this since it's usually the only times my intuition about people gets me into hot water I suppose it's the tendency of the ENFP personality to look on the bright side and see the best in people, that I then overlook their flaws and my intuition??

Western society does not value intuition which... when considering how personal/customized this phenomenon is...it's difficult for me to see this as an entirely negative thing. We need the ability to arrive at reasonable collective understandings of reality... and objective, analytical, diagnostic, scientific methods are the most effective and respectful (in my opinion as it pertains to what is being discussed) way to go about doing this. <-Learning this shared language and system takes time...time spent being taught to set aside our intuitions to the point many of us lose this ability (almost) altogether.

Intuition, however, knows its own significance. It is a precious heirloom willed to us by our ancestors and written with love onto our dna. Intuition will never stop trying to reassert its paramount position in your life. Intuition will teach you to pay attention to it by showing you what happens when you don't.
    Likes Dreamer, SearchingforPeace liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I could be imagining a lot of things, couldn't I?
    Yes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Would you say this a typical enfp?

YouTube - ENFP! Who Me? Yes You! Couldn't Be...

She has a lot of videos. Here is another:

YouTube - A.D.D. Powerful Word Associators

I think I see a little of myself in this girl, except that I'm a male introverted thinker.
    You would probably be happier with an ENFJ then you would be an ENFP. My dad is an INTP and a very close friend of mine is also an INTP. What I've noticed is that when we talk about things that are not serious, we get along perfectly. But anything where decisions need to be made, becomes really hard to work with an INTP for me (sorry put ENFP before) as opposed to an INTJ where the chemistry is perfect.

As far as spotting an ENFP. ENFP's have a large range so they are hard to spot but overall we are the sage philosophers, standard bearers. Highly driven to connect with people in ways that really matter. I like to make fun of myself and I also like to tease others a lot.
    Last edited by andresimon; 10-03-2015 at 03:19 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Seeing an ENFP irl is not easy, it's not like they walk around all bubbly and cheerful non-stop. I notice more when we talk. Then our Ne makes contact, and we recognize the familiarity in the other, which opens that door.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes five sounds, Chanaynay, Starry liked this post

Honestly, I can't tell which ENFPs among us are actually really mature, and which ones are trying way too hard to look friendlier than they are and it's working. It's confusing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

They're human hurricanes, notice them by their erratic social energy.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    From his experience, this guy says that ENFPs are often exceptionally aggressive as a form of compensation.
    I miss that guy, especially his take on E6's
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Generalized ENFP Acquisition Strategy

1) Intersperse the area with intellectually self-assured (but emotional unavailable!) introverts. They will serve as your bait.
    2) ???
    3) Profit!
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Chanaynay, Starry, Dreamer liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Seeing an ENFP irl is not easy, it's not like they walk around all bubbly and cheerful non-stop. I notice more when we talk. Then our Ne makes contact, and we recognize the familiarity in the other, which opens that door.
    Lol. ENFP's are probably the most misunderstood of all the personality types. Some say "INFJ's" but in my opinion ENFP's have the hardest time being themselves in today's society. A lot of drop outs even though we have above average IQ. A lot of addicts. If you want to see the ENFP struggle read "Antifragile" by Nicholas Nassim Taleb and you will see an highly intelligent well developed ENFP's take on the world. Also one of the greatest books of all time. So ACCURATE it's scary. It will probably destroy your view on the world.