User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 199

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    "Always comfortable" might be a better choice of words. True happiness goes much deeper than giggling once in a while. That's extroversion + childishness. "Happy" means that, overall, you're satisfied with your life and the choices you made and that you feel you've gone as far as you possibly can or need to.


    But it's really fucking stupid to pidgeonhole this type into a polyanna role. Blegh. No one behaves like that. If anything, that's an idealization from an FJ point of view, highlighting all this type's good traits in its prime while ignoring the hellscapes of impulsivity that characterize the rest of its life.
    From his experience, this guy says that ENFPs are often exceptionally aggressive as a form of compensation.

    Ne-doms are known for their lethargy and tendencies to be distracted. That doesn't exactly put a person in his prime. And Fi doesn't make you automatically contented either. Fi/Te is like a flame trying to pierce into the cold darkness, Fe/Ti is like a grey cave trying to suck in all the light. If the world's welcoming, of course you'll reciprocate. If not, you'll go full edgeshit, collapsing into your own personal spiral of immediate pleasures that cripple you in the long run.

    One could just as easily say INTJs are the happiest because they're allegedly the most mature. I'd kill to be that.
    Last edited by Cygnus; 10-01-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: corrected a word disagreement
    Likes five sounds, Starry, Chanaynay liked this post

  2. #162
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Yeah...I'm wondering how many "ENFPs" these people are spotting are actually ExFJs. Playing the cute and bubbly card is like their forte. Most of the time when people call me cute or "precious" or something along those lines it's usually when I'm talking 100% seriously and it kind of throws me off.

    I've talked about this with @Starry a lot. Being called cute and silly and everything is fine...but after a while you realize you're stuck in a cycle of being looked down upon and not taken seriously. I feel like the people who enjoy showing off their quirks are the ones who don't actually suffer because of them...or aren't continuously reprimanded for them.

    Edit: I just realized this entire post is paradoxical in combination with my avatar. Listen, I just like summer vibes okay?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I feel like the people who enjoy showing off their quirks are the ones who don't actually suffer because of them...or aren't continuously reprimanded for them.
    Please engrave that onto a plaque and eBay it to me.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

  4. #164
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    How do you NOT spot an ENFP a mile off?! They are the easiest to spot by far. They're smiling, flirtatious, sometimes excited, silly, happy, socially confident, and walk proudly. When I see an ENFP, everything I see screams ENFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    One of the things I appreciate about ceecee and highlander is they recognize and acknowledge the INTJs attraction to the ExFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah...I'm wondering how many "ENFPs" these people are spotting are actually ExFJs. Playing the cute and bubbly card is like their forte. Most of the time when people call me cute or "precious" or something along those lines it's usually when I'm talking 100% seriously and it kind of throws me off.

    I've talked about this with @Starry a lot. Being called cute and silly and everything is fine...but after a while you realize you're stuck in a cycle of being looked down upon and not taken seriously. I feel like the people who enjoy showing off their quirks are the ones who don't actually suffer because of them...or aren't continuously reprimanded for them.

    Edit: I just realized this entire post is paradoxical in combination with my avatar. Listen, I just like summer vibes okay?

    I didn't include @senza's posts at this time because I was actually working against the significant point she was attempting to make there heh *nervous*


    Positive Outlook is a bitch isn't it? Which of these two equations produces someone that is socially confident and walks proudly... and which produces an individual constantly in social doubt and crashing into shit? Fe + e2 or Ne + e7? And no I don't give a shit we've got the stereotype thread in progress.

    Oh I need to go pick up dinner...
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

  5. #165
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    haha social doubt and crashing into shit sounds more like the being an ENFP that I know and love
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Chanaynay, Starry liked this post

  6. #166
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    ENFP's are happy almost all the time as far as I've seen. They only get unhappy if something really bad happens. Then before too long they're happy again. I know I'm right and you're wrong. You can't tell me that I haven't seen what I've seen.

    Also, the fact that I said that ENFP's are generally happy is not the same thing as saying that ENFP's have limited emotional range. You fucking put those words in my mouth. I never said that, nor did I think such a thing.
    So don't accuse me of something that I didn't say. I hate it when people put words in my mouth just so they can tell me I'm terribly wrong about something. I'm sure that ENFP feel just as wide a range of emotions as other people, but most of the time they're happy.

    Lastly, you're just gratuitously nitpicking my by telling me I can't generalize a type. MBTI is all about generalizing types. I'm just going to put you on my ignore list because you're not worth dealing with and you insult my intelligence.

    TSDesigner... First, I like me a good counterphobic INTJ/IStP hybrid. Gets the blood pumpin which is especially useful now as we head into the cold season. Secondly, no one here is saying an INTJ has been wrong...good god NO! (What do you take us for? It has to be "crack addicts" right? That's the only thing I can think of. ) I promise you...we all know that never occurs.

    I do not relate to your description of the ENFP and I don't know a lot of ENFPs that would. In my mind your description is more fitting for what I know of the ESFJ 2 which in many ways fits the general description of the ENFP better than an actual ENFP. <-Still haven't proclaimed an INTJ wrong though... why? Because I can't rule out that's your interpretation of actual ENFP behavior relative to your perspective and experience.

    If you're dealing in ENFPs instead of ESFJs though...here's what you must understand and this is what you were unable to hear senza fully articulate because you thought she was trying to say an INTJ might be wrong about something. A "happy all the time ENFP" is a sick ENFP. In other words ENFPs have powerful emotions that run the gauntlet of the full-spectrum in overlap. Because of this... many ENFPs either learned or were taught via reinforcement not to let that kind of crazy show in a world of responsibility and tax forms...but rather...just like a Calgon bath...allow the distraction of Ne to whisk them away to the land of "perpetual tomorrow" where no one need be sad because it doesn't exist.

    When you love the happy and not the insanity...you are actually loving the sickness (and I'd go find me a nice, sane ESFJ as 2 rights makes an even more awesome, big, secure right )

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I'm just going to put you on my ignore list because you're not worth dealing with and you insult my intelligence.
    Nominated for "most arrogant post of the week."


    Cry harder.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

  8. #168
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    It's really damn hard to spot one, because they are rare and we don't run in the same social circles. Fearful, sometimes because they judge incorrectly.

  9. #169
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Fearful, sometimes because they judge incorrectly.
    I would need an example of this chubber. This *may* be something you're merely imagining.

  10. #170
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    *silly switch (it's an introvert...no it's an extrovert!)

    *morals out of seemingly nowhere (we're chill till we're not)

    *a penchant for the bizarre, overlooked, tossed aside

    *a knack for adjusting to their conversation partner(s) - both energetically and linguistically
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Dreamer, Redbone, Forever_Jung, yama liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] How to spot an ENFJ a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 12:26 AM
  2. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
  3. [INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ
    By Thursday in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
  4. [MBTItm] How to spot an ESFJ? Or is it ESTJ? Or is it E___?
    By CzeCze in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO