First 41213141516 Last

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I can definitely relate to that! I've always had the most trouble in identifying either as an Introvert or Extrovert before reading up on the MBTI and learning of my ENFP type. But seriously, I go through cycles of extroversion and introversion all the time.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

They are the ones interested in everything, nearly everything is fascinating to an ENFP, i say nearly everything as some incredibly tedious things are not of interest such as daily chores, IT safety (cleaning screens, where to place cups etc) but pretty much everything else. At least until they know a great deal about it. Imo ENFP's retain a child like wonder when encountering new things or things they have yet to learn a great deal about.

If you want to engage an ENFP teach them new things, if they think you an expert or at least more in the know they will be amused until the subject is worn. Then... give them a new thing... especially shiny things.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    If you want to engage an ENFP teach them new things, if they think you an expert or at least more in the know they will be amused until the subject is worn. Then... give them a new thing... especially shiny things.
    Yes. I feel like Johnny Five in Short Circuit, "More input, Stephanie!"
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

I sill have no idea how to spot an ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I sill have no idea how to spot an ENFP.
    Once you spot one in the wild, you'll know. You'll know

Haha actually, I don't even think I could spot one myself! I think what can make us difficult to spot is that we're both extroverts and introverts, even at the same party. One moment I'm bouncing around the room talking to various people, then the next moment I'm having some deep conversation with someone along the wall near the punch bowl. I was actually perusing this thread hoping to learn more about myself and if I give off any potential clues to my type to others, and I don't think I'm all that much closer myself.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Enneagram

Of all the types to worry about spotting, the ENFP shouldn't be one of them. There's probably one desperately vying for your attention at this very moment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    you can spot them from their hastily typed, stream-of-conscious walls of text posted on forums.
    Guilty haha. I am known among my friends to have super long texts, emails, you name it. I can't help it!
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    They can often be seen having in-depth conversations with complete strangers.

Also, they usually have a lot of energy. Even when standing still, they're moving: gesticulating with their hands, shifting their weight from one foot to the other, etc.

And their faces are open books.
    Great incite! I agree 100% I'm always fidgeting, not because of nervousness, but just extra internal energy I need to burn off, and also having the worst poker face imaginable. I've sometimes even explained to people that I compare myself to a shark. I always have to keep moving otherwise I'd die, sometimes I think literally too.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9W1

They are incredibly entertaining. Their emotions are not exactly the most stable, but we love them anyway. The best way to spot an ENFP is to be with them when someone does something they they did not like. For example, I was with an ENFP friend one time, and her friend did not show up when he said he would. She immediately jumped to the conclusion that he hated her. That, to me, is ENFP in a nutshell, as every ENFP I've ever known has reacted similarly.
    Amazonian

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Of all the types to worry about spotting, the ENFP shouldn't be one of them. There's probably one desperately vying for your attention at this very moment.
    These sorts of comments are convincing me that I can rule out ENFP as an option for myself. Although it fits my preferences quite well, I don't think my Ne/Fi works in that way at all. I'm certainly not attention-seeking. I only really seek meaningful connection, and don't care to be around people otherwise so much.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf