• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Early thirties and direction in life

About direction in life...

• Total voters

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Personally I had the general picture of how I'd spend my life by the time I was 19... in that I knew the particular things I'd devote my energy toward, & regardless of whether I could make a living at them I was going to do them... this happens to a lot of people, it's a little like Buddhism. There's a pattern, the first revelation is: "I really don't care about having a career." Then, you focus on getting really good at the things you do care about, using the standard line "hold on yall, I got this.." which you say (typically) in a mantra pattern... next you start to kick ass at those things, which is the enjoyable part. Because, in the midst of having unrelated peripheral good times you get to say funny stuff like "Ain't nobody gonna hold me down" (awesome to say even though you may be working at Taco Bell etc or a crappy office job & making minimum wage or approximate).. then comes the "free-floating" part, where you know what you're good at, know what you want to do in general, but don't know precisely how to tie it all together so you just float & jump around from area to area, exploring the options. As they say...

I think what it really boils down to is: finding the things that energize you to the point where whatever you're officially doing in life at any one point, as in to pay the bills, is immaterial to your deeper drive to do what you love... & if you keep your priorities right, & go forth with wisdom & intelligence maybe you'll finally get to do it (professionally speaking) & if not at least you got to do it some anyway.

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm 28 and I have the exact same problem! I never feel satisfied. I guess it's good because it motivates me to keep working on improving myself; however, my efforts never really seems to change the way I feel all that much. Any feelings of contentment are fleeting. I'm bored too and it's definitely not because I've "arrived" and have no more ambitions. I have plenty of dreams (realistic dreams that I can eventually reach) that I'm trying to work towards. Thinking about those things gives me some hope of satisfaction, but when I finally accomplish my dreams will I really feel any different? I don't know. Wish I could help, but I'm in the same boat. It may be an INFJ thing. I was wondering that myself.

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
P.S. I also have a hard time slowing down and relaxing. I feel like I'm in this race against time and I desperately need to get everything done I've decided to do. I'm pretty sure it's all in my head, but I always feel like I'm running out of time.