User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by pinkteabag View Post
    You could learn a lot of coping skills by working this environment--Maybe you can temper the stress it causes by constantly reminding yourself that this particular job is just temporary. Then you can look back and any problem that shows up in future is under the umbrella of 'But I got through 'x' back at that awful place! This current problem is a piece of cake!'

(I hope this makes sense. I haven't had my morning cup of coffee yet.)
    It does make a lot of sense, actually! The reason why I wanted to stick it out for a year is that I think that this job, though stressful, will teach me a lot about discipline and time/crisis management.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    I do the same thing when under extreme stress, some of the things I do to relieve stress, in order of what I find personally most helpful.

1. Meditation, I practice Zazen, but there are many other styles out there that are helpful.

2. Crying, it may sound silly, especially in a society that tries to teach men that they shouldnt cry, and that its a sign of weakness, but what is the point in our bodies being able to cry then? Every Biological function has at least some purpose... and crying greatly reduces stress, so sit back with a touching movie, and let the tears flow, youl thank yourself for it later.

3. Baking, then giving most of what I bake to family members or my neighbors, I find making bread by hand the most satisfying and stress relieving, i really enjoy the process, but it takes a long time, so maybe not the best choice for a busy lawyer...

4. Planting and caring for a garden, or even just house plants, or herbs... herbs are really nice, hard to kill, many are beautiful, and they are useful as well... Lemon thyme is a big favorite of mine.

5. Strenuous Exercise, 3 times a week, I do mon,wed,fri... with some light cardio every day in between. except my weekend, I rest.

6. Kava tea... brewed double strength... often shortly before I do any of the things listed above.

7. Put at least a little time aside for any other hobby that you really enjoy... even if its like 15 minutes a day... if you really love it, that could possibly help...

these suggestions may or may not work for you, they are just based on what works for me, hopefully at least one of them can be helpful.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I recently just started Bikram yoga, like I said, and I think it's going to do wonders for the body and the spirit as well.

I haven't cried in a while, and always at most inopportune moments. It seems I can't make myself cry, though I believe in its calming/relieving properties.

I do cook, but I can't bake to save my life. But I'm willing to try.

I do like the idea of tending an herb garden, but my thumbs are hardly green. Again, I am willing to try.

What I do love is poetry, reading it, writing it, so it seems the most natural thing to turn to, though of course nowadays I can't find the time. I keep telling myself that there will be time for this later. In a way, there seems to be a twisted sense of joy in this level of stress, how it dangles the prospect of future happiness in front of you, how it keep you waiting. I do ramble, but I also wholeheartedly thank you for your suggestions.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

your welcome, and if you love writing that much, maybe you should make the time? even for a tiny bit, write the occasional haiku, or just write down whatever your thinking, and dont worry about it being in the form of any kind of poem... just a minute or two here and there, might be helpful... ^_^

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

also a lot less time consuming than baking... which although I love it, seems it may be very difficult for you to do if your so busy... but if you are interested in bread making, the cold proof version seems the best idea for you, as it takes the least amount of time in which you have to be directly involved... you can mail me for a simple recipe anytime if you want.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

your welcome, and if you love writing that much, maybe you should make the time? even for a tiny bit, write the occasional haiku, or just write down whatever your thinking, and dont worry about it being in the form of any kind of poem... just a minute or two here and there, might be helpful... ^_^

I plan to write more in the coming days.

also a lot less time consuming than baking... which although I love it, seems it may be very difficult for you to do if your so busy... but if you are interested in bread making, the cold proof version seems the best idea for you, as it takes the least amount of time in which you have to be directly involved... you can mail me for a simple recipe anytime if you want.
    Wow, thanks! Will definitely look into the cold proof version. Thanks thanks!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Oh, its also known as No Knead Bread (although I knead a little bit anyway on the day im gonna make it, it gets a slightly better texture that way)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh, its also known as No Knead Bread (although I knead a little bit anyway on the day im gonna make it, it gets a slightly better texture that way)
    Thanks, I'm gonna be baking this weekend then!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I hope you enjoy <3 if you dont get it right first time, dont stress, it can take a little trial and error, if the bread dough is to sticky for you when you try to work it, dont be afraid to add a lil more flour till it gets to a consistency that you can easily handle (will still be a tiny bit sticky, but not stick to everything like glue!lol)

violaine

If it's not too far gone I will do yoga, go walking, go bike riding, basically I will do something physical to burn off the anxious energy. If I don't catch it in time, I can get really stuck. But that seems to build up a strange kind of static and eventually I will do something completely out of the ordinary on a whim to shake myself out of things.

I can't stand feeling anxious, I would rather face whatever it is no matter the consequences.