User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJs and the 5 languages of love

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the 5 languages of love, the concept that we all have a different way through which we feel love from others (i.e. physical touch, words of affirmation, acts of service, presents or spending quality time together). If you've never heard of this I'm sure there's a quiz on-line somewhere. Anyway, my love language is physical touch, with word of affirmation close behind. I was just wondering if there's a similarity among INFJs in regards to their love language.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am thinking maybe if at least the 5 types are listed .. People will have a point of reference to work with.

The 5 types are:

1- Words of affirmation
    2- Quality time
    3- Receiving gifts
    4- Acts of service
    5- Physical touch

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks, I did list them, but it's probably clearer numbered like that.

Phantonym

Mine is quality time, followed by acts of service, physical touch, words of affirmation and last, but not least, receiving gifts (the last test I took gave me 0% on that )

Maybe my 4w5 sp/so has a say in this as well.

Mine are in order of importance:

1. Quality time (especially quality conversation)
    2. Physical touch
    3. Acts of service
    4. Words of affirmation
    5. Gifts

I don't really care about gifts at all and about words of affirmation only if they seem genuine.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I am pretty sure mine are Physical Touch and Quality Time (I think it's nearly a tie between those two - they're equally important to me). Those are both immensely important to me in terms of feeling secure and solid in the relationship and in my feeling important/valued/desired in my sig. others' life. With the presence of those two I don't need the Words of Affirmation so much - it's like the Words of Affirmation become implied. Actually now that I think of it Acts of Service might come 3rd, with words 4th. Gifts are last.

All of this can be summed up as -- Actions/Behaviors (extensions of self) speak much louder to me than words/objects.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mine are:
    Physical Touch
    Words of Affirmation
    Quality Time
    Acts of Service
    Gift Giving

I'm guessing for INFJs, gift giving will frequently be at the bottom, and touch & time at the top. The only reason words of affirmation is lower than quality time for me is because I'm about 90% I vs E, so very strong introvert, and I require lots of alone time. But yes, I have to feel that the words are sincere - if not, screw 'em! And my one exception for gift giving is flowers.... I always like getting flowers. Anything else, I don't care much about.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

1- Quality Time
    2- Acts of Service/ Physical Touch
    3- Words of Affirmation
    4- Gifts

I like gifts on holidays and birthdays, but I don't like it when it's overkill. Quality time and physical touch... yes please! And I like it more when there's action behind the words of affirmation. You can tell me you love me... but show it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

I think you're right Aquarelle99; the strongest pattern seems to be that we don't care about receiving gifts. I mean, I like gifts but they don't really make me feel loved, unless they're homemade, like if someone writes me a poem or sews something for me. Then I'm like, woah, someone actually took the time to make this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenAutumn View Post
    I mean, I like gifts but they don't really make me feel loved, unless they're homemade, like if someone writes me a poem or sews something for me. Then I'm like, woah, someone actually took the time to make this for me.
    Same here. Cause if someone made a gift for me they actually invested quality time doing so.