Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default NFs and stress...

In continuation of the "SJs and stress" thread, I've decided to inquire about NFs and stress.

My questions:
    • What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    • How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    • How do you deal with stress?
    • What kinds of things stress you out?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    I become more withdrawn, i also get moody and become extra sensitive.

How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    Not good. I get really confused when i'm stressed, and i really go into what i think is a "thinking mode", but really i just get more irrational than ever and say things that don't make a lot of sense.

How do you deal with stress?
    it depends on how stressed i actually am, but unfortunately i usually eat or cry, and then i go somewhere to be alone and lay there and look up at the ceiling trying not to think of anything.

What kinds of things stress you out?
    bills,bills,not having enough money to pay bills,when anything bad happens that i don't expect(like my car breaking down or something), trying to do too much,meeting deadlines, being late for something.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

* What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?

I tend to pretty much shut down and remove myself from whatever the stressful situation is. I don't deal with conflict well, so if I am unable to remove myself from what is causing me stress, I do tend to lash out irrationally. I can't argue or present anger in any type of constructive way, so it is usually better that I am able to blow off steam in private.

* How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?

I tend to be extremely laid back, and it takes quite a bit to rile me up, but when I cross the line, my brain doesn't process information the same way. I find the source of my stress, or at least what I think is the source of my stress, and I attack it (again, irrationally). Fortunately I know this about myself, and I can usually run and hide before it happens.

* How do you deal with stress?

I am absolutely horrible at dealing with stress. I bottle things up to such an extent, and I have gotten so good at doing it that most of the time I don't even know it's there. Then it becomes this situation like a live hand grenade has been dropped on the floor in front of me, and is rolling all over the floor; hoping that I can pick it up and throw it away before it causes any real damage (which it sometimes does).

* What kinds of things stress you out?

Most of life's daily stresses are never really enough to get me going. Traffic tickets, credit card bills, unforeseen expenses that would normally freak people the hell out never really bother me. My true stress, I think, comes from people not living up to the expectations that I put on them (again, my own fault I am sure). I definitely expect a hell of a lot more from the people close to me than I really should, and it isn't fair to them and only ends up aggravating me further. Those are the things that build up with me over time, but I think I am at least starting to be aware of them.

Sorry for the thesis.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    My questions:[*]What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?[*]How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?[*]How do you deal with stress?
    From another thread on this forum:
    I become incredibly analytical, and get 'stuck' in my brain, trying to 'fix' what is making me stressed, which usually entails me trying to 'fix' something I think I'm doing wrong, because I tend to think it's always my fault and only later will realize the other person might have played a role too. I become *really* judgmental, and see the negatives in everyone and everything, and nearly everything about people irritates me. I'm aware that I'm this way, and I then withdraw and don't talk as much to people, and tend to avoid conversation and stick to myself...mostly because I don't want to talk to anyone. I become antisocial. I also beat myself up about all of this, which exacerbates the stress. At home, I'll latch onto details and might nag more than usual, because I'm irritable and I don't like the cat litter flecks on the entry hall carpet. And I'm annoyed that I'm being so petty, which further stresses me out. By this point I can't stand being in my brain, so I then try to divert myself by forcing myself out to a gym or something, or I watch tv, or I try to distract myself by playing a game or something. Temporary fix. I'm also feeling physically ill by this point, and just want to lie down, so forcing myself out and about takes a lot of willpower, because I don't feel well and have a tension headache. ;-) I tend to lose my appetite. Eventually it works itself out -- I usually end up exhausting myself mentally/emotionally, and after sleeping poorly for several nights (if I'm really worked up about something, that is! Otherwise I might calm myself down in a day or so), my body will be exhausted, whereupon my mind will shut off, I'll stop doing the analytical stuff, and it'll be over.

To a certain extent I tailor my life so as to keep things as stress-free as possible. I suppose I tend to do the preventative thing...so as to keep myself from ever getting into major stressout mode.

The above description is the cycle of a more major stressout session. If it's just moderate stress, it would dissipate within the same day, and I'd get it under control. It's major stress that blows up and goes over several days. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

[*]What kinds of things stress you out?
    Interpersonal conflict, misunderstandings, or self-analysis stuff/digging too deep into 'why' I might do things and behave certain ways. All of those can stress me out.

Not having a grand plan in life can cause me stress. But not knowing my 'next step' in life is more of a low-level background stress/unknown that usually doesn't bother me, but every now and then flares up and causes greater stress.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Stressed....

Behaviour: Talk too fast, too much abrupt movements, if given room will pace back and forth. If I'm stuck in it for too long, I start to shake visibly... mostly my hands.

Thinking: Speech can tend towards being not cohesive as Ni tries to run away from everything. Ti might not be able to keep up and I get too many ideas bouncing back and forth in my mind. I am highly indecisive under stress. Have a tendency to over-complexify everything.

Dealing with stress: Deal with it? I usually just ride it out. Sometimes talking to people can calm me down... or actively try to reduce it, telling myself too much stress is unproductive, taking/distracting my mind off the problem.

Stressors: Situations that might reflect badly on me. Forced to do something, make a decision when I'm not ready. Lost of self identity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

[*]What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    withdraw. change the focus to other people -- spend hours and hours helping them with their problems. smoke a shit-ton of weed (except i can't now that i've quit)

[*]How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    i get into this defeatist mindset about how there's no free will. but otherwise, i'd say my level of intellectual activity probably rises, since i'm trying to distract myself from what's really bothering me.

[*]How do you deal with stress?
    call my ENFP best friend and rant. she's the best. sometimes i just need to rant to someone who actually understands me. unfortunately, i have no friends in berkeley that do. they can understand the words coming out of my mouth, but they really have no idea what i'm going through. (none of them are NFs somehow)

oh and also, i post here a bunch, play online poker, and watch back to back episodes of family guy and south park.

[*]What kinds of things stress you out?
    school and the fact that i suck ass at it. my mom being a crazy ass bitch. my friends all being lame. thinking i'll never find people that understand shit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I rarely get stressed, which probably seems strange to the people who know me on this forum. But it takes a LOT to get me stressed out...like say, my entire life falling apart.

When I do get stressed, I tend to ignore the problem and focus on the things that make me happy. That's good in some instances, not so good in others.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I get stubborn at least.

What's up - Uber - you starting so many new threads these days?
    I like it thought, lots of new threads.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm in a very inquisitive mood.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram