User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFj

When I am stressed I tend to get mad and just about anyything will get me pissed off or annoyed. I may also lack logical rreasoning and may become sad after I am pissed off.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ

Stress makes for very visceral and panicky "fight or flight" sensations for me. To push that feeling away I'll go into "fixing" mode, or I will try to escape entirely into sleep (my favorite narcotic) if it's really too much for me to take. I start getting into some crazy all-or-nothing thinking too and some of my "fixing it" solutions in my brain will be extremist like contemplating quitting the job or moving to a new city. I can also become withdrawn and a bit cold, whereas normally I think I'm a pretty warm person.

MBTI
    TiSe

Below are some ways that INFJ types stress.
    One common way to tell that INFJs are feeling stressed is when they limit their options to just one. They might insist there is only one solution to a problem. Others become extremely critical or angry, often blaming people for their troubles. Some INFJs accuse other people of failing to help, while some will make even the simplest task unnecessarily complex. There can be paradoxical behavior: some INFJs might extravert a great deal, saying harsh things with little regard for the feelings of others. In contrast, some INFJs can become rather introspective and shut themselves off from the world or outside help. Still other INFJs set unrealistic goals for themselves, which just makes matters worse. Finally, some INFJs might eat or drink too much.

What are possible stressors for INFJs? Well, being forced to learn or retain vast amounts of detailed information can often have that affect. Being around too many people, particularly those whom the INFJ considers shallow can be stressful. If the INFJ feels like he or she is under great critical scrutiny, they can feel overwhelmed. Finally, if people are underappreciated or emotional charged conflict is not resolved, INFJs can feel stressed.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    In continuation of the "SJs and stress" thread, I've decided to inquire about NFs and stress.

My questions:
    • What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    • How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    • How do you deal with stress?
    • What kinds of things stress you out?
    Well, in general I believe all types tend to express their inferior function when ill or under stress; according to the books I've read on type (e.g., "In the Grip" http://mbtithoughts.wordpress.com/20...e-and-stress/).

So I would guess that by NF type:

- ENFPs will express iS,
    - ENFJs will express iT,
    - INFPs will express eT, and
    - INFJs will express eS . . . under stress.

I can only speak for myself and my husband, but this appears correct. When I'm sick/stressed things or behaviors in my external environment (esp. noise) can really start to bug me and I become angrily vocal about expressing my displeasure. In short, I become a raging bitch if I go too long without sleep, solitude, or 'me' time.

My husband (INFJ) becomes overly self-indulgent, especially with food, sleep and TV.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

One common way to tell that INFJs are feeling stressed is when they limit their options to just one. They might insist there is only one solution to a problem. Others become extremely critical or angry, often blaming people for their troubles. Some INFJs accuse other people of failing to help, while some will make even the simplest task unnecessarily complex. There can be paradoxical behavior: some INFJs might extravert a great deal, saying harsh things with little regard for the feelings of others. In contrast, some INFJs can become rather introspective and shut themselves off from the world or outside help. Still other INFJs set unrealistic goals for themselves, which just makes matters worse. Finally, some INFJs might eat or drink too much.
    I don't think that description is very good... The things are so all over the place. It's essentially saying there's nothing in common INFJs do when stressed.

- ENFPs will express iS,
    - ENFJs will express iT,
    Correct in my case too anii... Then there's also something about when stressed, people act like their opposite type... a nonfunctional version of it. Not sure how accurate that is...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Well, in general I believe all types tend to express their inferior function when ill or under stress; according to the books I've read on type (e.g., "In the Grip" http://mbtithoughts.wordpress.com/20...e-and-stress/).

- ENFPs will express iS,
    - ENFJs will express iT,

I can only speak for myself and my husband, but this appears correct. When I'm sick/stressed things or behaviors in my external environment (esp. noise) can really start to bug me and I become angrily vocal about expressing my displeasure. In short, I become a raging bitch if I go too long without sleep, solitude, or 'me' time.

My husband (INFJ) becomes overly self-indulgent, especially with food, sleep and TV.
    when i get stressed i use Ti most.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

• What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
      I always try to hide that I'm stressed, to keep myself from trembling I fold my hands, I try to control my breathing, and usually If I can get away with it, I'll try not to say a word.
    • How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
      I become highly paranoid, which doesn't improve my state. If someone laughs it at me, if someone whispers they're whispering about me, and if everyone is focused on me.
    • How do you deal with stress?
      I just wait till it ends, or take it home with me to my bed.
    • What kinds of things stress you out?

Mostly things that I percieve as unfair, or when I believe something bad is coming, but more than anything else I'm stressed out when some poor idiot believes he can get away with trying to take advantage of me in some way. In cases like those I go from stressed to pissed.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I may also lack logical rreasoning and may become sad after I am pissed off.
    I do this too. And I almost always regret it later when I've ripped someone a new one in my altered state. Hmmm... I wonder if "The Hulk" is an image of an INFP under stress. Mild-mannered so-and-so becomes a giant green raging beast when pushed too far.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I do not deal with stress well.

I tend to be, and like to be, laid back or positively passionate about life and things.

Stress is a negative, internalized, intense anxiety that tears me apart. To combat it, I tend to zoom out my perspective on whatever situation/circumstance has me stressed out, and I begin to ask myself questions such as, "In the scheme of things, does this really matter? How is this the end of the world..." And invariably I'm left with the answer, no, it doesn't really matter, and no, it's not the end of the world, so there is no justifiable reason to get so worked up about it.

I must say, this method of stress relief works like a charm.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    infp

What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    I become more withdrawn, i also get moody and become extra sensitive.

How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    Not good. I get really confused when i'm stressed, and i really go into what i think is a "thinking mode", but really i just get more irrational than ever and say things that don't make a lot of sense.

How do you deal with stress?
    it depends on how stressed i actually am, but unfortunately i usually eat or cry, and then i go somewhere to be alone and lay there and look up at the ceiling trying not to think of anything.

What kinds of things stress you out?
    School. I really don't like school. Its the source of all my stress.
    Thanks Scantily Clad for writing my answers (except the last one) :P