User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Default Blinded By Gender Stereotypes

One of the first things learned years ago, are that males battling with T/F are most likely feeling types who are attempting to fit into the gender roles placed on them by society and vice versa for women.

For those males who have determined their preference for Fi or Fe, was this a struggle and if so how did you overcome it? I would think it harder for Fe types (ENFJ and INFJ) since this is more pronounced to external sources, the fact that most fail to understand that emotions play no role in type and that Fe is just as rational as Te and even more than the other functions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

i disagree, i think Fi is harder than Fe for males.

Fe can be very good at social dynamics for girls or guys....people with strong Fe are generally well liked.

Fi just comes off as emo sometimes.

i think for girls its the opposite. Te is more difficult than Ti...i think its because Te can be more obnoxious lol.

to answer your question:
    i still havent really gotten over it. i cant imagine sharing my true F with all the S's around me. the N;s i know seem to be more understanding of my male F-ness. for example: god help me if my frat brothers knew i watched purple rain the other day

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    One of the first things learned years ago, are that males battling with T/F are most likely feeling types who are attempting to fit into the gender roles placed on them by society and vice versa for women.
    Not necessarily. Sometimes it also involves childhood conditioning -- for example, T males who were demanded to "be nice" and please everyone by an Fe crazed mom, or basically the family would fall apart.

Or maybe women who were forced to take care of their family in tangible ways, because the parents were unable to do so / unable to organize their lives to make things happen. Women forced into Te mode because of that might become confused over T/F later in life, even if they are naturally F's. They were forced to suppress their own values in order to reach tangible goals in surviving.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i had a hard time figuring out i'm an F. but i don't think it really had anything to do with gender roles. i've always been kinda feminine when it comes to talking about emotions, etc, and i'd be the first to admit it.

it was hard because i'm so obsessed with logic/math/computer programming etc. and people used to tell me i'm like a computer... blah blah. i knew i had strong Ti and Fe, but then i finally figured out the difference between Ne and Ni and realized INFJ is the only type that fits my functions.

i see where you're coming from though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Emo... heh, sounds familiar.

I suppose it's entertaining having to chose between your fellow males avoiding you and being an ass hole... ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFj

Its fun, last time I tried to explain and show that I am an emotional guy I got laughed at by a girl and proceded to be called a pussy. Oh and my best friend says that I think like a woman. Sometimes I really do wish I wasn't a feeler.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Its fun, last time I tried to explain and show that I am an emotional guy I got laughed at by a girl and proceded to called a pussy. Oh and my best friend says that I think like a woman. Sometimes I really do wish I wasn't a feeler.
    That is so tacky.. Don't worry, that girl will get the wifebeater she so wants and deserves.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    That is so tacky.. Don't worry, that girl will get the wifebeater she so wants and deserves.
    well I really wouldn't want that to happen to her, she is a friend of my. She is not a bad person I guess is just that, well, I guess people don't really understand most guys that have "feelings." That is why I try to hide my emotions and almost never let them out so to speak.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I agree with Dana. How tacky. I have "redneck" friends and enjoy them... with that said, she sounds like a certain type of one of those or one of the local "cowgirls."

MBTI
    INFJ

I spent years repressing my Fe, though I didn't know it by that name then. All the way up until the end of my senior year of High School. I had only girls as friends most of my life because of the ridicule I received from other males throughout the years. The main thing was I didn't want to hurt or be hurt (socially) by anyone, so I never made fun of other people and I stood against those who did. But that just shifted their attention to me and so I became severely introverted. I'm just now coming back out of my shell in college.

You might find this article useful:
    What's It Like To Be A Thinking Woman? What's It Like To Be A Feeling Man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social