Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Moonflower
    Are there any other NFs besides me who have Asperger's?
    Yes: me

I actually see aspergers not as a condition that works against me, but more as an integral aspect of my character, it's something that I consider more of a gift, even for all the negative things that come with it (like poor social skills, etc.); granted if I were ever given to live my life without it, I would deny such an oppertunity.

Also, I think having aspergers may have obscured my judgement when I first started to learn about typology, I confused myself with a thinker, which I think most people might assume concerning people with aspergers due to our outward social behaviors. But as far as I'm concerned, people of aspergers can be of any sort of type, some types just happen to be more common then others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

savage brain: have you put any connections together w/r/t personalities types you get along well with?
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Lots of cool Aspies out there.

MBTI
    ISTP

I have it to an extent. I've grown out of it a lot over the years though.

Like Savage Brain said, I tend to focus on what I can do rather than what I can't do so well. For example, I have perfect pitch, and great musical abilities along with it.

When it comes to dating, I find that it seems like a rather perfunctory process, and I don't see any reason to follow a certain protocol if you're really right for each other.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by agentfurrina
    savage brain: have you put any connections together w/r/t personalities types you get along well with?
    To be honest, I haven't found any specific connection exactly; I suppose I'm not too found being aroung a lot of E's because I feel I can't measure up to that level of active socializing, and T's seem to come off as too cold and uncaring, but that isn't true for some people I know (who are E's and T's) as they are freindly with me regardless of type. So I don't think Aspergers plays too much of a role in how I appreciate my relation with others, but that my aspergers may come off as a negative effect to how certain people and how they judge me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lots of cool Aspies out there.

what is with that look in their eyes. every aspie i've ever known has a very distinct look in their eyes!
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

Syd... Lost it completely.. Its because of people like him most drugs are illegal. Great musician tho..

Not speaking of aspies...

How is their impuls control btw?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    my nephew has really poor impulse control. we never know how he's going to react to emotional situations: shut down entirely, fly into a violent rage, or start laughing. it's fascinating and also scary at times. he's generally docile as a lamb around his gf, though.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    what is with that look in their eyes. every aspie i've ever known has a very distinct look in their eyes!
    I know the look too, they all seem to have it. It's kinda like a mix of the "thousand yard stare" Vietnam vets would get, where it looks like they are looking right past and thru you, and an eye glaze. I can make my eyes do it, and kinda look aspie-ish. I have a couple of the symptoms of ppl with aspergers, but a lot more mild... but then again most INTs and ISTJs will.

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Syd... Lost it completely.. Its because of people like him most drugs are illegal. Great musician tho..

Not speaking of aspies...

Yeah his LSD use and all that didn't help. Well, it helped on The Piper at the Gates of Dawn... that's for sure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

I know the look too, they all seem to have it. It's kinda like a mix of the "thousand yard stare" Vietnam vets would get, where it looks like they are looking right past and thru you, and an eye glaze.
    yes. 0:56 and 2:06 are what i'm talkin' about:
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.