• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs on facebook

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So I have definitely noticed a pattern in whose posts I read on facebook. Does anyone else? I have pretty much ignored/removed from my feed any of the pessimists or overly party/all about having fun every moment people.

I feel like I can find out people's types by what they post. I think most NFs put up inspiring quotes of what can be and how to think positive. I love reading these and feel instantly attracted to these type of personalities. Love us! That is all :)

KDude

I deactivated facebook over a year ago.. I can't say I was ever positive about wallposts. Usually, I'd just talk to people directly.. sometimes I'd post something on my wall, and then immediately delete it. I'm just weird like that. :doh: I guess I don't like announcing anything.. good or bad.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I hardly use facebook.. I keep in touch with maybe 3-4 people Via facebook.. I just went through another clean up and deleted more "friends"

I don't pay enough attention to people's statuses and such.. and the few confirmed NF's I know on there, are rather quiet themselves.

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, KDude, sometimes I am hesitant to post things. It's almost like public speaking. You are blurting out feelings to everyone and you can't really retract them unless done immediately. However, I get the courage to post things from the other positive people that post things. I think, you know what, that person is awesome for posting that and it offered a little something to my day. Why should I not do that for someone else? I don't post a whole lot but when I do, I bet some people are annoyed but what I write since it's always pretty upbeat but screw 'em! :) Oh and I totally know what you mean about the vanity on fb. I am immediately turned off by the pics whores or people trying to act cooler than they are on fb.. soo annoying.

Arclight, I would loooove to delete some of my friends but I feel bad. Now I just don't accept any acquantences that I knew from like middle school that I would never talk to again like I used to do.. Keeping it clean from here :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I have definitely noticed a pattern in whose posts I read on facebook. Does anyone else? I have pretty much ignored/removed from my feed any of the pessimists or overly party/all about having fun every moment people.

I feel like I can find out people's types by what they post. I think most NFs put up inspiring quotes of what can be and how to think positive.
I dunno. One of my INFJ friends on Facebook is unrelentingly self-pitying and negative - trying to make herself out to be a delicate flower who's about to be crushed by the harsh and cruel world. :rolli:

The second of my INFJ friends posts pretty normal things on Facebook - lots of flirting with his ENTP girlfriend, lol.

And the third one is constantly "Sunshine :wub: Flowers :wub: Trees :wub: Rainbows :wub: Life is so pretty and wonderful!!" It's hilarious actually :laugh: So in that way, she fits your idea of NF postings.

I love reading these and feel instantly attracted to these type of personalities. Love us!
:wub: I already do!

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Awww.. thanks :) You are sweet!

So maybe it is just the positive NFs I like reading. I also think NT's are funny. I need to study the dynamics of myers more though.. i may be misreading... What is weird is I have a hard time finding out who are S's.. It's like I think everyone is N or something. Anyone recommend a book to deciphering the signs?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm... I have a pretty easy time spotting the xSFPs - they're a special kind of quirky :laugh: And xSTJs have a certain dry humor. But besides that I'm not sure.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh and I forgot to mention - I have two ENFJ friends who make a point of only posting positive things :) So that works too!

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am the one on facebook who doesn't write at all and doesn't get a message either :p

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am the one on facebook who...wait...well duh that explains it, energy faux pass. Must speaketh something nutty goes now. or goes later but goes do it today because I must, must so that my friends can wean themselves off of the lack of input some later stage. later, hahah i don't need to cull, my friends do it for me. :p

chocolatethundaa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
when it comes to facebook I find myself posting tones of fun links to videos and music etc as well as quoting movies and books that I lesbian. I also find that i get caught up having deep and meaningfuls in FB chat. As too knowing what types people are id have to say I dont know enough yet about types to categorise others but I know the few people who I click really well with. Though I did pick a fellow enfp long before he posted it on FB asking if others felt it sounded like him.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
My facebook had a lot of friends, and then I delete them 'cause I added people I didn't know.

I went from 500 -> 30 or so.

Not bad.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I feel like I can find out people's types by what they post. I think most NFs put up inspiring quotes of what can be and how to think positive. I love reading these and feel instantly attracted to these type of personalities. Love us! That is all :)

I stay the hell away from people like that. It drives me nuts.
I already know how to think positive. It's my normal state of mind. I don't need to be "healed" or whatever other crunchy thing they are talking about.

You are blurting out feelings to everyone and you can't really retract them unless done immediately.

I blurt out shit all the time. If I'm pissed off, I just say it. It's a snapshot of a moment, not a state of being or a personality trait. Everyone has changing feelings all the time, there's no point in pretending otherwise.

And the best part is that if I'm really in a bad mood and I make a snarky comment, my friends jump on and we start bantering and I end up laughing and happy again.

I dunno. One of my INFJ friends on Facebook is unrelentingly self-pitying and negative - trying to make herself out to be a delicate flower who's about to be crushed by the harsh and cruel world. :rolli:

lololol :rofl1:
oh gawd.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
when it comes to facebook I find myself posting tones of fun links to videos and music etc as well as quoting movies and books that I lesbian.
:wub: I lesbian your use of the word "lesbian". Way to break out the L word :laugh: (That movie kicks ass.)

I also do the same thing. :yes: Fun links all over the place. Especially music and NY Times articles. And videos of cats. :wub: And a video of the Mimic Octopus. Those things are INSANE. <3

lololol :rofl1:
oh gawd.
I was her roommate for a semester, and I had to deal with that constantly. And her boyfriend at the time was an ESFP who would NEVER shut up...

*shudder*

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not in FB. I'm not really social enough to keep in touch with everyone I have ever met, even the thought exhausts me. And I wouldn't have the guts to not accept them as friends.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Most of my FB updates revolve around updating my status to report unusual happenings or posting funny links on my friends' walls.

I really, really hate it when people do the whole "social-media look-at-me" thing and post shit like:
"X is sooooooo happy to have seen Y at the Z. Thanks so much for coming - I had a great time!"

Literally couldn't care less about where you've been and which moron you saw while you were there.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i just upload insane amounts of pictures of myself.
and tag people to make them look at it. /narcissist

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I joined Facebook around the same time I joined this forum. I have, like, 20 or so friends, all of which I know in real life. Mostly, I wanted to give people who wanted to talk to me a means to do so. (That, and my mother insisted. :rolleyes2: At least I was not coaxed into joining FarmVille...) Mostly, I post absolutely nothing, but I try to answer everyone that sends me a message, which happens once in a blue moon.

chocolatethundaa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
: And a video of the Mimic Octopus. Those things are INSANE. <3

HOMG I LOVE THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS. I also post alot of game news like up and comings and how @Q#$Q#$ amazing certain things look like they are gunna beeee.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like Facebook and check it fairly regularly. To start with it didn't appeal to me all that much but certain social circumstances got me hooked on it. The main thing I like about it is that I can keep track of all my friends that live overseas and their day to day lives in an informal fashion, so I'm not left with gaps in knowledge and communication over the years. Also it allows me to communicate myself in a controlled form without the usual social pressures and it is a nice way to organize and display my photos. Oh and in true NF fashion, I do have a nice list of quotes although few are actually inspirational. ;) Mostly they're philosophical...

However, I do agree that some aspects of Facebook are ridiculous and irritating.