• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] NFs being... rational??? or just developed Te?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is an old (and incriminating) thread of mine being resurrected.

Let the record show though, that i'm now 90% sure that I'm ENTJ. I have confirmed with type relations (socionics), having other people type me (before I tell them what I think) and undertaking a different understanding of the enneagram (i see type 8 as inferior Fi, type 7 as inferior Si etc)

what I thought was Ne as a kid, was actually Ni being directed through Te. I most definitely would pause our make believe games to do "retakes". "this time, try doing it more like ____", i was practically playing movie producer/director. The information collecting was Ni + Se. finally, i to this day experience Fi in a NEGATIVE aspect far more often than positively. Generally, its when I'm overly stressed and seek out the most heavily Fi sounding music I can... then I snap out of it and suppress emotions.

its well known among my peers that i make the best battle plans (read: study plans) for conquering each class. Im still a science major so these aren't easy classes either (you cant get away with not having a plan to study).

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
sounds like your one of the few people that understand how the functions work :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
sounds like your one of the few people that understand how the functions work :)

Where can I read on functions combining and how? I've got interested in the last few days since I heard you mention it.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Where can I read on functions combining and how? I've got interested in the last few days since I heard you mention it.
i dont wanna sound like i have an ego but you can send me a PM and ill help you out, i truthfully dont know of any websites because i didn't learn function theory off of a website lol

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have always been both rational and empathetic, though developmentally, I believe my empathy preceded my ability to reason, duh, we feel before we think, I believe.

I think I was born with both of these faculties, or the predilection to acquire/expand these faculties.

As an N dominant, I dentify myself, first and foremost, as one who enjoys and engages in *thinking* about life.

I am rational because I am an intelligent, reasonably sane human being. I needn't try to be rational, just like I needn't try to be empathetic as these are my natural default settings, so to speak. Also, all the irrational people I know are, well, um, hrm, stupid, that or insane, or both.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe that any sizable amount of NFs happen to lead their lives miraculously, (and blindly), without ever needing to think critically or with entirely lacking the ability to rationally think.

:huh:

C'mon now!!!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Part of me ego keeps being kicked in the nuts by MBTI generalizations and what not. If there's something about me I'm proud of is my ability to reason in a logical manner. There's play time, and I'm often not too serious, but when I'm discussing something with some depth to it, I'm all about coherence and making absolute sense without much care for subjectivity.

Even though I have somewhat artistic aspirations my curriculum is all about science too.