User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Here is a quote that I think encompasses Ni influenced by Fe...

And here is a quote that encompasses Ni influenced by Te...
    what about Ni influenced by Ti?

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

There is philosophy and there is philosophy.

This was spot-on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    Both. I don't think it's pretentious to say you're something if you do whatever that something entails. Having ideas and rationalising is part of being human, so I'd dare say that everyone is a potential philosopher. In my case, it's just another component in my life and identity, and it doesn't define me as a whole- not even close.

What would make it pretentious is if you gave being a philosopher such meaning and pomp as to elevate yourself above the heads of others. Any pretentious person can do that with anything.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Here is a quote that I think encompasses Ni influenced by Fe...

And here is a quote that encompasses Ni influenced by Te...
    actually i don't see how Fe comes into play with the first quote. Fe is about social harmony/consensus, etc. what does that have to do with certainty?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    actually i don't see how Fe comes into play with the first quote.
    As I said before, INFJs tend to argue perception over reason and INTJs tend to argue reason over perception. The reason they do so is because INFJ's Ni is influenced by Fe which leads to an ability to understand multiple perceptions of the same thing. INTJ's Ni is influenced by Te, and so they try to establish standards of reasoning by which all other perceptions are limited.

Fe is about social harmony/consensus, etc.
    "Ni - introverted iNtuiting
    Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols."

"Fe - extraverted Feeling
    Connecting; considering others and the group-organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others."

"Te - extraverted Thinking
    Ordering; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not."

Ni + Fe = Foreseeing connections. Conceptualizing new ways of adjusting and accommodating others. Translation: Understanding the perceptions of others.

Ni + Te = Foreseeing order. Conceptualizing new ways of setting boundaries guidelines, and parameters. Translation: Establish standards of reasoning.

what does that have to do with certainty?
    That was in reply to your "I use reasoning" comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i still don't see how Fe would help with philosophy. unless maybe you're trying to get people to agree with you. but it wouldn't really help you get to the core of things...

when i'm thinking from a philosophical perspective, i try to throw out everything Fe does, because it has nothing to do with truth. i instead try to rely on Ti to build logical frameworks.

well, i guess maybe Fe would help me see the possible arguments against the claims i have so that i can adjust to them. but Ni/Fe can't really get that far. you have to use a thinking function...

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    well, i guess maybe Fe would help me see the possible arguments against the claims i have so that i can adjust to them. but Ni/Fe can't really get that far. you have to use a thinking function...
    Dude!

You are an INTJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Dude!

You are an INTJ!
    hahaha no way, not a chance. i wish i was though.

i'm just an INFJ with a heavy emphasis on Ti. really heavy. as much Ti as any ExTP i've met at least. Fe trumps it in social settings, though.

i like this forum because i don't have to see everyone's face and be so careful all the time. i can be my inner NT self (Ni+Ti).

the reason my Ti is so well developed is that my dad's an INTP and i had an extremely stressful childhood. i saw his coping mechanism of detaching and being super analytical and took that strategy as my own.

but i'm for sure an NFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

I definitely see how Fe would help a philosopher. Otherwise most of what you come up with will be considered only by your own point of view. Let's take Plato's Republic for example... It builds a society that would work for Plato, but not many others, which makes the possibilities of this "perfect" city happening slim to none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I definitely see how Fe would help a philosopher. Otherwise most of what you come up with will be considered only by your own point of view. Let's take Plato's Republic for example... It builds a society that would work for Plato, but not many others, which makes the possibilities of this "perfect" city happening slim to none.
    it would help you express your philosophy, and it would help you preemptively respond to arguments against what you're saying. i agree with that.

i guess that would help in the quest for truth, because you'd basically argue with yourself and refine your stance.

i concede the point

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I'm more spiritual than philosophical. I've read a bit of existentialism, but philosophy definitely feels more T than F to me. Thus it makes sense that Logic courses are taught under the umbrella of the Philosophy department.