• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP/INTJ Relationship

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Have you ever been in a long term relationship before?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, no, I haven't. I'm inexperienced in this area.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I could tell, no worries. :hug:

Hmm, sheeyit, you're an ennegram 5w4.

I'm a 4w5.

In your head, loving an idealized person in your head, avoid this trap.

In your future endeavors with love, I highly suggest you actually spend real time, in real life, with the girl, avoid cerebral love, aka idealized love.

You can enjoy these cerebral connections IRL but if you spend too much time in your head, or online, writing/fantasizing about being with each other as opposed to actually being with each other you will get burned.

Love is imperfect, clumsy even.

It must be experienced, not idealized.

I know, tis hard for us uber-Ns, but unless you want to live a life of loneliness you actually have to date and play the proverbial field to actually ever feasibly find someone to spend your life with.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
@_@ the only thing that really stands out to me that others have been saying is that.. I remember posting in a relationship thread about how BAD we are at not contacting people ever again.

I have to know 100% for sure that I will never ever need to contact someone in my life ever again before I tell them to never talk to me again. Usually, even if I am mad/upset, etc.. I don't generally slam doors and burn bridges. When I do that, it's for life. Legit and all. To say "never again" seems silly, since as soon as I read that I thought "If she's ENFP, that's not going to last." sure enough, later in the story, this is the case.

I don't know what her problem is, or why she's pulling at your strings this way.. but it does need to be resolved. The last thing I want to do with someone is lead them on into thinking something that isn't there. I go way out of my way to ensure I don't do that. I hope this turns out at least on a good note for you, even if it isn't the note you wanted.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could tell, no worries. :hug:

Hmm, sheeyit, you're an ennegram 5w4.

I'm a 4w5.

In your head, loving an idealized person in your head, avoid this trap.

In your future endeavors with love, I highly suggest you actually spend real time, in real life, with the girl, avoid cerebral love, aka idealized love.

You can enjoy these cerebral connections IRL but if you spend too much time in your head, or online, writing/fantasizing about being with each other as opposed to actually being with each other you will get burned.

Love is imperfect, clumsy even.

It must be experienced, not idealized.

I know, tis hard for us uber-Ns, but unless you want to live a life of loneliness you actually have to date and play the proverbial field to actually ever feasibly find someone to spend your life with.

Thanks for the advice.

I think I might join some interest groups or something, see if I can meet some women that way. I don't know anybody down here, all my friends are back home, so I'm basically having to start from scratch in that area.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Years later, I'm resurrecting an old thread. The came back in contact with this woman, and after a few months of minimal interaction and basic "friendship," we are growing closer once again. She told me she's no longer romantically interested, which I accepted. However, now her attitude is changing, and it makes me wonder if I should bring it up again. Any advice on how to broach the subject?