User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yes nolla, I have to control myself hard sometimes to not just suddenly start giggling in the middle of the street because I thought of something funny. The smile I cannot control though

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Yes nolla, I have to control myself hard sometimes to not just suddenly start giggling in the middle of the street because I thought of something funny. The smile I cannot control though
    -nods in agreement- ..there were times I couldn't contain myself while thinking of something very funny/happy, that I had a Huge smile spread across my face. A friend looked at me and thought I was being crazy XD, they're like... "What are you smiling for?? creeeepy.. just suddenly smiling out of nowhere lol. You're weird."
    "You may be one person to the world, but to one person you may be the world."

MBTI
    INFP

people don't like it when I'm enthusiastic for no reason, like I have to be at a party or something to be myself. surprises even EP's, since I think they are always trying to be at a party, so are down when they are not. but for me it's like I'm partying only outside of parties, cause it gets too wild then, and I just want to enjoy the feeling.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I can be extremely unexpressive if I'm still uncomfortable around you. I "forget" to smile or emote because I'm so focused on what I'm going to say next. XD Lately, I've gotten better, and smile A LOT whenever I'm approached, probably more than the norm. If I'm really comfortable around you, my facial expressions are over the top to overcompensate for the times that I'm stoic. I'm always somewhat self-conscious when I'm "out of my head."

I used to feel like I had a mask. If I was feeling something strongly, nobody would notice, OR they would completely misinterpret it, but lately I feel as if people can see straight through me. If I'm upset, they ask, "Are you okay? you had this... melancholy expression on your face." And so forth. Doing drama has made showing emotion feel less scary.

As far as laughing, I laugh a lot, but it can be guarded. In regards to the shy smile, I have it. If some unfamilliar person looks at me, I have a "nervous" smile, not a friendly "I'm reaching out to you" smile.
    I can relate to this. I find it easy to fall into daydreaming & thinking, and apparently the neutral face I have while doing this makes people think I am unhappy, upset, not having fun, etc (something like this: haha). It is very tiresome to constantly be told to smile; I don't notice everyone else with an idiotic smile plastered to their face 100% of the time. I'm just not aware enough of my face/body to always be expressing the "right" feeling.

I DO make a more conscious effort to smile now though. I wouldn't call it a shy smile, but a nervous smile, yes. If I catch someone's eye, this smile is now reflexive just to ward off the "what's wrong" questions and to avoid being labeled a snob.

When I was younger, I could hide emotion very well also, and I still can if it suits me, but I'm more comfortable with it now. My eyes tend to give me away, as that is one aspect I can't seem to control.

BTW - "INFP eyes" tends to mean a dreamy, faroff look in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcfly
    You can break down comments about my facial expressions into two groups. The first group has always come from coworkers. I have been told on more than a few occasions that I am very even tempered, neutral expression and calm.
    This is sort of my default face also. I think when you're a woman though, a calm, neutral face is read more negatively by others. People expect women to be more expressive.

The second group has come from people I know well and from relative strangers. I've been told that I am very expressive, animated and I speak with my hands frequently.
    This is me when I am with people I know well and feel comfortable with and/or when I am engaged in a stimulating conversation. I've been told then I have very expressive face, eyes & hands. Of course, I also feel extremely animated in comparison to my usual reservedness, but to others its sort of "normal" expressiveness.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 01-21-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur
    I can be extremely unexpressive if I'm still uncomfortable around you. I "forget" to smile or emote because I'm so focused on what I'm going to say next. XD Lately, I've gotten better, and smile A LOT whenever I'm approached, probably more than the norm. If I'm really comfortable around you, my facial expressions are over the top to overcompensate for the times that I'm stoic. I'm always somewhat self-conscious when I'm "out of my head."

I used to feel like I had a mask. If I was feeling something strongly, nobody would notice, OR they would completely misinterpret it, but lately I feel as if people can see straight through me. If I'm upset, they ask, "Are you okay? you had this... melancholy expression on your face." And so forth. Doing drama has made showing emotion feel less scary.

As far as laughing, I laugh a lot, but it can be guarded. In regards to the shy smile, I have it. If some unfamilliar person looks at me, I have a "nervous" smile, not a friendly "I'm reaching out to you" smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I can relate to this. I find it easy to fall into daydreaming & thinking, and apparently the neutral face I have while doing this makes people think I am unhappy, upset, not having fun, etc (something like this: haha). It is very tiresome to constantly be told to smile; I don't notice everyone with an idiotic smile plastered to their face 100% of the time. I'm just not aware enough of my face/body to always be expressing the "right" feeling.

I DO make a more conscious effort to smile now though. I wouldn't call it a shy smile, but a nervous smile, yes. If I catch someone's eye, this smile is now reflexive just to ward off the "what's wrong" questions and to avoid being labeled a snob.

When I was younger, I could hide emotion very well also, and I still can if it suits me, but I'm more comfortable with it now. My eyes tend to give me away, as that is one aspect I can't seem to control.

BTW - "INFP eyes" tends to mean a dreamy, faroff look in the eye.

This is sort of my default face also. I think when you're a woman though, a calm, neutral face is read more negatively by others. People expect women to be more expressive.
    Yeah I'm also generally rather expressionless and misread as annoyed/upset/tired/uninterested etc. Most of the time its because I'm daydreaming and so lost in thought, that I lose perception of my body (and of the people around me observing me).

Don't you hate that sexist expectation that women should smile and be cheerful for the benefit of men! I have been told to cheer up and smile on several occasions and I struggled to resist the urge to slap them. I made do with pointedly glaring back...

This is me when I am with people I know well and feel comfortable with and/or when I am engaged in a stimulating conversation. I've been told then I have very expressive face, eyes & hands. Of course, I also feel extremely animated in comparison to my usual reservedness, but to others its sort of "normal" expressiveness.
    I also have a similar split in demeanour. When really engaged in a subject of conversation, I get carried away and become rather passionate and expressive. Its like I have 2 modes: daydreaming/passive engagement= blank face, and active engagement= over animated face and body. Its usually pretty easy to tell when I'm talking about the things I really care about or really interest me because I suddenly spring to life.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte