User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do ENFP’s Lead People On?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, but they aren’t usually aware of it.

17 39.53%
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, and they usually know exactly what they are doing.

6 13.95%
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, and I’m unsure if they are aware of this or not.

16 37.21%
  • I don’t think ENFPs often lead people on.

4 9.30%
First 12345 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Hmm..

Honestly, I've spoken to my ENFP bestfriend about this, and she pretty much admitted to all of that. But that's her..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i went to a science/eng. uni, and eventually noticed that a lot of shy males (mostly INTs, i believe) did unexpected things after i'd done the smallest things like given them friendly eye contact, smiled at them or asked them about themselves. hanging around after class, following me places, offering to help me with calculus (good luck), etc.

i hate seeing someone ignored and gravitate towards the shy/quiet people in a room, always. they seem mysterious to me and i like observant people. we usually have great talks. so i seek them out and later on often find myself in the awkward position of being *fairly sure* they have some sort of interest in me, but i have no idea how to deal with it (hate hurting people). and they often can't or don't want to express their feelings, so it's awful for us both. i have this situation right now with my next door neighbor, and have no idea what to do. how could being friendly result in hurt feelings?

i've wondered recently if, as an E, i should initiate the discussion and clear the air. i am just really terrified of hurting someone. i think i project a lot...assume that if they're clammed up and incapable of expressing their feelings (i don't usually have this problem), they must be in an emotional coma of some kind, or severely traumatized. that is how i act when i'm so upset about something i can't articulate it. but perhaps other types would be relieved if i took action, and don't have as many feelings tied up in the matter as i've projected them to have.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

Just say things like... Im going out this weekend.. I SO gonna find me a lumberjack.. or whatever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i've mentioned having a date...but unless i stop being friendly altogether, it seems like the tendency is to still stick around. i think i have to be direct (but kind). maybe i'll try that with my neighbor and report back.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

Enlighten us... Does the nabour ( assumes a dude) invite you to things? or is he just very talkative?

My old nabour was a drinker(never visibly drunk) with no job. He was a pain because he wanted to talk to everyone... My mother even planted trees on strategic locations to avoid having him sticking hes dumb face inn.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

he is very quiet/not talkative. i'm pretty sure he's an IxTJ based on his behavior. we've lived a wall apart for 3 years. and he does invite me to do things. i get the feeling he's studied me as he always seems to want to do things i've mentioned doing with friends (no new proposals, which i definitely notice).

he saw me taking a walk with a male friend the other day, and when i saw him i said "hi!" and gave him a hug. he seems to be extra-quiet since then.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hehe.. he backed of.. Seems like you can control him by saying thinks like... No i can`t im having a date and stuff like that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

true. i just feel like a) i lost a friend, and b) i never really had one.

hence the ENFP curse of "friends with many, close to few."
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

Stop wining. better than few friends, few close.. like he probably has.

And don`t pity him. Its just hes basic instincts kicking in so people like him does not go extinct.
    http://open.spotify.com/track/1SLzuYDwMg3tSvsVJOxzNp

Its possibly a threshold limit where you got so much opposite gender friends that you stop thinking like that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

definitely not whining. the only thing i really worry about is --> "The tragedy of sexual intercourse is the perpetual virginity of the soul." ~ Yeats

not comfortable with that. i've met less than 10 people in my life who claim they are truly known and truly loved by even 1 person. that matters to me!
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.