User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do ENFP’s Lead People On?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, but they aren’t usually aware of it.

17 39.53%
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, and they usually know exactly what they are doing.

6 13.95%
  • I think ENFPs often lead people on, and I’m unsure if they are aware of this or not.

16 37.21%
  • I don’t think ENFPs often lead people on.

4 9.30%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    To create sexual tension but withhold release is nothing short of cruelty.
    I don't understand why supposedly empathic people would be into that. And if they genuinely don't understand what they are doing, then they are not the great empaths that they claim to be....
    i really agree with this. have we ever definitively nailed down what ENFPs do when sincerely interested in someone? i.e., behavioral patterns that reflect genuine, self-aware romantic interest?

related: like many IxTxs, i think ENFPs also pull away to assess at times. i'd be really interested in understanding how ENFPs work that out in their heads, as i imagine it's not unlike a short circuit event. i think this is one of our biggest failings, that we are mysteries unto ourselves at times. at least, i am.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    i really agree with this. have we ever definitively nailed down what ENFPs do when sincerely interested in someone? i.e., behavioral patterns that reflect genuine, self-aware romantic interest?
    answering my own question: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-flirting.html
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    A promise without a guarantee... yes, that sounds like something an ENFP might say...

This is my biggest issue with sexual flirting without intent. To create sexual tension but withhold release is nothing short of cruelty.
    I don't understand why supposedly empathic people would be into that. And if they genuinely don't understand what they are doing, then they are not the great empaths that they claim to be....
    you dont seem to understand empathy on Ne Fi users
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    nvm. i just wanted to tease mats, but he passed out or something
    Tease for what? I left the party and went to the pub... Doorman did not say anything about last time but some powerloving bar worker told me to leave.. I got passage next time tho..

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    no, that's okay, as long as you don't just start wanting hugs from anyone.
    No chance for that to happen.. :P

Basically i only want hug when im not in public and the person is not a disgusting woman. Fat people can be considered disgusting...

ohh you want a hug.. But first i must get close and since you look like you ate the ill functioning willy wonka blueberry prototype. I must therefore put my body close to yours so i reach your cheek. Lovely to feel your wobbly boobies and your Michelin tires with my body.

More than just a bit too intimate...

Dad is such a hugger.. i allways hate it.. feels so forced.

When the grandmothers where around they sometimes kissed me on the cheek when they gave me a hug.. arrrgg i just hated that so badly"#¤% disgusting.

Very good way to make the grand children not visit you.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Tease for what? I left the party and went to the pub... Doorman did not say anything about last time but some powerloving bar worker told me to leave.. I got passage next time tho..
    nothing.

wait you were posting from a party? we got this inside joke on other forums about posting drunk from a party, like it would be the saddest thing to do
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

not a disgusting woman. Fat people can be considered disgusting...
    you may need someone large and in charge, Mats. at least once. have you never ridden a scooter?

Lovely to feel your wobbly boobies and your Michelin tires with my body.
    LOL. and

Very good way to make the grand children not visit you.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    ISFP

Have been reading with interest. A few years back, I tested ENFP in a class, so I will be so bold as to reply.

People think I find them special. No, it's just that I find everyone special.

How seldom many people seem to have the opportunity to feel valued by another. And I usually value all aspects, including personality, interests, viewpoint, gender. That results in people, during our first conversation, doing things like telling me something they "have never told anyone, not in two decades." Or getting interested in an intimate relationship.

I'm not leading people on, at least in my own mind. It's actually a human-to-human, deepest-level respect that's offered.

It came as somewhat of a shock recently how challenged I am in understanding and remembering that some people will then respond by trying to use you. I would like to learn how to spot which ones those people are.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    wait you were posting from a party?
    I left the computer.. Was no party here. Went to the pubs and discos and ended up at a crappy punk consert before i decided to go home early.

Clear?

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    you may need someone large and in charge, Mats. at least once. have you never ridden a scooter?
    No way in hell do i want a big woman. Im a skinny dude. I prefer when the girls have not "stacked" their fat somewhere.

I had a 50cc when i was 16. Was a blast when it worked. Me and a friend at the time went "racing" in the forest. 60-70km`t between the trees is awesome.

And then we came to a narrow passage and i tried to stop and hooked a tree and over i went. No damage, got up and we drove some more..

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I left the computer.. Was no party here. Went to the pubs and discos and ended up at a punk consert before i decided to go home early.

Clear?
    not totally. i need the name of the punk band, the distances you walked from one place to another, info about how drunk you were, how drunk the others were, how many other people there was and some photographic evidence
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Fi is intrapersonal mastery, but not interpersonal, and flirting is an interpersonal communication.
    Can you explain this further?

anyway, i'm not trying to excuse that behavior, but trying to explain why it's not a cruel move - why someone who is an intrapersonal expert can nevertheless be much less interpersonally aware. as others have said, others often interpret ENFP behavior as sexual communication even when there is no intent on the part of the ENFP.
    Not saying it's never innocent, but at the same time, sometimes, it's unequivocally full of intent. I think some people get a taste for the power they feel when manipulating the sexual interest/emotions of others. They get a kick out of it. And they use it to their advantage. Then they rationalize it /deny it by saying they are just universally friendly, that they are misunderstood, or whatever. They'd have to be incredibly interpersonally dense not to understand what they are doing. Like, beyond INTJ levels of denseness. I don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.