User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I'd like to correct this a bit, please~ It wasn't just due to laziness, people have taken the etymological root/s of a word in order to transform it to suit their need or biases.
    I tried thinking of a better word than laziness, but in that context I was alluding to physical laziness, priming for the lazy 14th century husband.

The word "gay" orginally meant carefree/happy, among other happier meanings.
    The word "gay" during modern times became distorted once "Straight" people needed a word that "aptly described the Gays" in a derogatory fashion so as to make fun of "Gay peoples'" percevied easygoing lifestyles.
    The word "straight" originally meant "not bending" implied "on the straight and narrow(the right path)" implied "honesty" and all happier meanings. So in order to make a dichotomy between the now distorted Gays, Straight became used to signify that heterosexuals were the better choice. I couldn't be certain, but I'd guess, that it's the case with most stereotypes used.

Once somewhat accpeted, Gay became distorted again. "That's so gay! OMFG! Like what're you doing, stop being gay!" even if not homophobic or meant to be. It's funny when I point it out and people exclaim "But I like gay people!" or even..."I am gay, I don't hate myself!" ----Sigh.

Correct me if I was err incorrect about all that. I have no expterise in history or whatnot, all above is based on my own intrepretations..If you say I'm wrong, though, I'm gonna feel right!
    Aint that cute...........BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Nah I'm joking, you're probably right. I have no expertise in history either, I'm just making shit up and hoping people who know the real answer don't see it.

I wonder that you didn't correct me on exclaiming: "I don't think of it as a bible. It's more of a Rosetta Stone for me." Did I escape your discerning eye? (or did...)
    Okay, you called my bluff there. I don't know who Rosetta Stone is and what you're insinuating. Your valiant Ni has broken through my defensive Ne to find my timid Ti huddling inside.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I tried thinking of a better word than laziness, but in that context I was alluding to physical laziness, priming for the lazy 14th century husband.
    Ah. Silly me.

Aint that cute...........BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Nah I'm joking, you're probably right. I have no expertise in history either, I'm just making shit up and hoping people who know the real answer don't see it.
    lmfao Of course I'm right. Ni is never wrong when making shit up about anything, buddy. Let your Ne soak it all up when I divulge my Premonitions and Visions so that your Ti can figure out they're 100% right. Let your Ti refuse me as was Cassandra's Ni, as your Ne keeps ignoring my Fe, and I may just chew up and chew you out while you cover your ears :steam:

Okay, you called my bluff there. I don't know who Rosetta Stone is and what you're insinuating. Your valiant Ni has broken through my defensive Ne to find my timid Ti huddling inside.
    I have the feeling you're teasing me about not knowing the Rosetta Stone. You know, INFJs aren't really good at sublety unless developed...and sometimes they (I) try to refuse it...

heart on fire

I have the feeling you're teasing me about not knowing the Rosetta Stone...
    Yes, I think he is too.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I think he is too.
    Yea, that was me trying to do the subtle thing too. I bet it looked so 'sincerely' asked as though I didn't get the joke!

(and um, that above is subtlety too...really...*runs*)

MBTI
    INTP

I have the feeling you're teasing me about not knowing the Rosetta Stone.
    So it's all agreed?

We're all going to pretend I do know what it is, that way it still seems like I have a crude common knowledge.

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

(It's not the sequel to Romancing the Stone is it?)

heart on fire

It was the one that came after Jewel of the Nile but it starred Patrick Swayze as they couldn't afford Michael Douglas the third time around.

MBTI
    Zzzz

So it's all agreed?

We're all going to pretend I do know what it is, that way it still seems like I have a crude common knowledge.

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

I'd say it's the original touted as the better and faithful translation of a book. I didn't even know of Romancing the Stone...So, thank you for wasting my brilliant mind on such a tortious movie up in the ranks with Swept Away and having been torturous of my fragile sensibilities.

You managed to dodge one bullet in order to become gutted by another.

MBTI
    INTP

You managed to dodge one bullet in order to become gutted by another.
    Gutted by a bullet? It's either a big one or has a fillet knife attached.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!

MBTI
    Zzzz

Gutted by a bullet? It's either a big one or has a fillet knife attached.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!
    I imagined it more as a tornading force of visions lodged into your gut so as to spin your Ti into such a mess you'd turn delusionally disposed.

My username forshadows my intentions... It's telling you that I want to delude other's into a trap of neverending, crazily-spunned web of disposing ideas and feelings all to bombard you as I am thusly bombarded.

MBTI
    INTP

I imagined it more as a tornading force of visions lodged into your gut so as to spin your Ti into such a mess you'd turn delusionally disposed.

My username forshadows my intentions... It's telling you that I want to delude other's into a trap of neverending, crazily-spunned web of disposing ideas and feelings all to bombard you as I am thusly bombarded.
    My chilidsh command for details, otherwise known as my Puer Si, will drive a stake through until it hits your Si. And then your devil shall be upon you, muahahaha!

My username foreshadows my intentions as well. Death in a Tower!