User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    unlike infp's. I like them and all, I just dont see there purpose. oh look at me Im emo, how dare you make fun of me for being different im special, I dont belong in the world and so what If I am acting like a stereotypical emo kid, im special... on goes the nfp rant
    LOL, tell us how you really feel.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I really like you heart! INFP Enchantress with her ever changing romanticized Avatars!

Edit: OMGosh, you changed it again! And I remembered and then forgot as I wrote! Stupid Si!!!! :grin: (seriously )

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I really like you heart! INFP Enchantress with her ever changing romanticized Avatars!

Edit: OMGosh, you changed it again! And I remembered and then forgot as I wrote! Stupid Si!!!! :grin: (seriously )
    I felt I had to give honor to the nice Valentine that Ivy made for me.

MBTI
    enfj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I should stay away from the forum when im in moods like that.. I was at that moment listening to an xnfp talking about how she didnt want to get up in the mornings but she had to. and would rather kill herself "has a history of suicide attempts" but she couldnt because people expected her to do otherwise. of course those expectations were bothering her to.... but wait! theres more!! its time to hear her rant.. ok Ill stop

my first post wasnt meant to be generalizing. but quite a few of the Fi doms I know tend to act very narcissistic at times. ... when I run mouth to much things that shouldnt be said get said. I was venting a bit.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I actually don't have that much of a problem with people who say they're INFx, or ExFJ, etc etc. I think it's possible, especially when you get to individuals who are incredibly balanced between multiple functions.

But I also don't think all of the various theories tie together as seamlessly as people think they should. I think a blending of all the theories is reasonable. I think the dichotomy approach can be valid to a degree, because I think there are WAAYYYY too many factors with a pure cognitive theory approach that complicate things. A lot can depend on how one was raised, and ones' life experiences, in how adept one becomes at using various functions, as well as how someone might begin to 'flex' and consciously choose one function over another depending on the scenario. Maturity throws further complications into it.

I'm also not a big fan of my 'type' limiting my abilities, or using my 'type' as a crutch to say, 'Well, my dominant functions are XxYy, so that's what I use most of the time, that's just how I am, so I'm rarely going to use other functions, and all of my observable behavior is going to be the XxYy'. I'm not directing this at anyone, but that's the problem I start having when people emphasize the cognitive function approach more than other approaches.

Then you have the brain dominance theory too, but that doesn't work for people who are pretty much balanced between right and left (and I think I am).

When I take into account ALL of the theories, as well as my behaviors and traits growing up, and also account for conscious choices I make and things I have learned over time in interacting with others, and how I WANT to interact with others, I arrive at what I've decided is my best fit. Is it possible I'm another INxx?? Oh, sure it is. A few months ago, when I looked at pure cognitive functions, I could relate to Fe, Fi, Ne, and Ni very much. All of them. So I could be a chameleon, too, of INFJ, INFP, and INTJ (although I do think INTJ is out of the question because Te is totally weak for me, and I have little motivation to go Te on anyone). Would that then be a truer reflection of who I really am? A blend? But then that would go against the theory of everyone only having ONE real type.

To be honest, most INxx responses on this site resonate with me on one level or another, but INFx certainly more so, and INFJ the most.

All of this is to say -- I can relate to those who have an 'X' in their type, as to be honest for some I DON'T think it can be easy to determine type at all - esp. w/ the more balanced individuals or someone who has matured and often doesn't go with their 'kneejerk reaction' as much. I know for me I've pondered my type for years.

Further reflection and introspection on my personality type would be asinine, because much of my life IS introspecting and becoming more self-aware, so thinking about it more than I already do is totally pointless and wouldn't do a bit of good!. And I would imagine that people who have 'X' or are uncertain of their type have spent an equal amount of time pondering all of it, and genuinely can't make the call. I don't think it's THAT easy for everyone - only those who are very dominant in certain functions.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    So, Vicky Jo would be your Goddess then. I prefer to think of it as an INFJ Rosetta Stone .
    Noun: Bible
    1. A book regarded as authoritative in its field.

Though Rosetta Stone works just as well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Literally a similie? Hmmmmm. I'll allow it.
    "It can literally be like a bible I refer back to when I need some insight into my situations."

Adverb: Literally
    1. (intensifier before a figurative expression) without exaggeration

If I recall correctly, a simile is considered figurative language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

I know atleast one enfp like that. and my infj freind is very analytical and usufull in figuring things like the future out.. unlike infp's. I like them and all, I just dont see there purpose. oh look at me Im emo, how dare you make fun of me for being different im special, I dont belong in the world and so what If I am acting like a stereotypical emo kid, im special... on goes the nfp rant

HAHAHAHAHA! ROFL! Evan, have you said that in INFPgc chat yet? If not, you should! "I just don't see their purpose" LOL! I'm sorry...but that's just hysterical! (Sorry to all the INFPs reading this)

However, I'll have to agree. No, I don't think INFPs are worthless (I'm in love with one...and I like most INFPs)...I agree with shadow that it seems INFPs whine an awful lot. "I hate my life! Wah! Wah! Wah!" and whatnot. It's a little annoying. INFPs are the most complex/frustrating people I've ever had to deal with! If some of them spent as much energy actually FIXING their problems instead of bitching about it...they might be better off.

Going back to the topic question. In general, INFPs are much more passive and floaty than INFJs. INFJs get things done. INFPs sit around daydreaming about getting things done. Oh yes, and then there's the Fi vs. Fe difference. To those of you who don't know what Fi looks like, I'll draw a metaphor:

Imagine a blackhole...the darkest deepest blackhole there ever was. Now imagine that for whatever reason you decide to be friends with this blackhole. So naturally you pour your feelings and ideas into this gigantic black pit. Since it's a blackhole, whatever you pour in seems to disappear...and though you may wait for a response the blackhole is just going to sit there without moving or changing. That's Fi. Nothing seems to go in or come out since everything is felt internally. INFPs are very intense/sensitive/passionate people...although to the rest of the world they appear as silent blackholes. I call this: "The Teddybear Blackhole Phenomenon," lol.
    I am known for being brutally honest...brace yourself.

INFJ 4w5

MBTI
    enfj

HAHAHAHAHA! ROFL! Evan, have you said that in INFPgc chat yet? If not, you should! "I just don't see their purpose" LOL! I'm sorry...but that's just hysterical! (Sorry to all the INFPs reading this)
    I dont think I will. They dont need my encouragement .they need

Going back to the topic question. In general, INFPs are much more passive and floaty than INFJs. INFJs get things done. INFPs sit around daydreaming about getting things done. Oh yes, and then there's the Fi vs. Fe difference. To those of you who don't know what Fi looks like, I'll draw a metaphor:
    infj's tend to be very dedicated people.. the inxj's I know are far more dedicated workers than me. im way to people focused. most of the time. kinda like infp's... accept there focus isn't something that can be directly expressed in terms of external value. however what comes out is usually "well felt out". ohh... ok I just thought of one purpose. the infp exists to validate the existance of other infp's. "and the emo's". my mother "enfp" puts quite a bit of energy into makeing sure I accept myself... which is noble but is also a very Fi thing.

Imagine a blackhole...the darkest deepest blackhole there ever was. Now imagine that for whatever reason you decide to be friends with this blackhole. So naturally you pour your feelings and ideas into this gigantic black pit. Since it's a blackhole, whatever you pour in seems to disappear...and though you may wait for a response the blackhole is just going to sit there without moving or changing. That's Fi. Nothing seems to go in or come out since everything is felt internally. INFPs are very intense/sensitive/passionate people...although to the rest of the world they appear as silent blackholes. I call this: "The Teddybear Blackhole Phenomenon," lol.
    haha Tk, its a good thing we are in NO way capable of being dramatic

MBTI
    INFJ

I was at that moment listening to an xnfp talking about how she didnt want to get up in the mornings but she had to. and would rather kill herself "has a history of suicide attempts" but she couldnt because people expected her to do otherwise. of course those expectations were bothering her to.... but wait! theres more!! its time to hear her rant.. ok Ill stop

my first post wasnt meant to be generalizing. but quite a few of the Fi doms I know tend to act very narcissistic at times. ... when I run mouth to much things that shouldnt be said get said. I was venting a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK* View Post
    No, I don't think INFPs are worthless (I'm in love with one...and I like most INFPs)...I agree with shadow that it seems INFPs whine an awful lot. "I hate my life! Wah! Wah! Wah!" and whatnot. It's a little annoying. INFPs are the most complex/frustrating people I've ever had to deal with! If some of them spent as much energy actually FIXING their problems instead of bitching about it...they might be better off.

Hmmmm... It sounds like you guys have been hanging around the wrong INFP's. Still, I'm not going to be able to let this one slide.

My husband is INFP, and he has risen to the very pinnacle of success in his chosen profession. He is the president of the medical association of his area of expertise, and he won the international practitioner of the year award in his chosen field. He works tirelessly to improve the knowledge base in his field by writing scientific papers, book chapters, and by teaching, lecturing, and developing new ways of providing continuing education in his field. He has accomplished all of this, and still has such modesty that he blushes whenever anyone gives him a compliment. And did I mention that he's extremely good-looking? Sorry, I digress...

Other INFP's that I have known: a kick-ass surgery technician, an assistant librarian in a university library, a pre-vet student, a Christian missionary. None of these people seemed like emotional black-holes to me. In fact, each has propped me up at some time or other when I needed it.

And what is the incidence of giftedness in this type, something like around 5 times more likely than average to be gifted (CaptainChick?)? Some of our most gifted creative writers and greatest humanitarians come from this group, not to mention Isabell Briggs Myers herself. What a debt we owe her...

I think you guys are describing unhealthy INFP's. Certainly this type is as capable as any of accomplishing anything they put their mind to.

MBTI
    enfj

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffi97 View Post
    Hmmmm... It sounds like you guys have been hanging around the wrong INFP's. Still, I'm not going to be able to let this one slide.
    I appreciate what you have to say
    extremely good-looking? Sorry, I digress...
    thats cute.
    In fact, each has propped me up at some time or other when I needed it
    yep. the ones I know to enfp's also expect that you will do the same for them though... this usually goes something like yes you are right for yourself. "why are you always like this your never take my side" I wasnt disagreeing...

I think you guys are describing unhealthy INFP's. Certainly this type is as capable as any of accomplishing anything they put their mind to.
    I certainly made no claims as to what they could or could not accomplish. sounds like you have every right to be proud of your infp.