User Tag List

First 5131415

MBTI
    INFX

I find that some of the predictions about what a particular type might do can be far off the mark for a particular individual. For example, the prediction that an INFJ is more likely to disclose something personal than an INFP. It's difficult to verify an assertion like this. As an INFP (I think) who actually discloses painful stories from the past, but keeps current troubles inside in order to keep relationships with others smooth, I feel more skeptical of how far one can go with the mbti theory after reading this kind of prediction.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ithurt View Post
    I wonder, what are all of your thoughts on this,

What clues do you think a sad INFJ would reveal about his sadness, to close friends, family, strangers?
    If a sad INFJ will go about leaving clues, then they'll be clues that they know their friends and family members can spot. For a stranger to catch the sadness... one must catch the INFJ off guard... when they think they're alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ithurt View Post
    query,

Under stress, if I start start seeing dark motives for people's actions etc. is this runaway introverted intuition? Or runaway extraverted thinking?
    Attributing motives belongs to judging functions... In my opinion specifically Fe or Fi. Fe projects the most likely motive based on what you know on to the person. Fi projects your own dark motives based on what you perceive their situation might be on the person.

I find that some of the predictions about what a particular type might do can be far off the mark for a particular individual. For example, the prediction that an INFJ is more likely to disclose something personal than an INFP. It's difficult to verify an assertion like this. As an INFP (I think) who actually discloses painful stories from the past, but keeps current troubles inside in order to keep relationships with others smooth, I feel more skeptical of how far one can go with the mbti theory after reading this kind of prediction.
    MBTI and jungian types in general is an unfalsifiable "theory". Going by that, I take it as simply a model. I wouldn't bet anything on predictions made by it. Of cause that's just my believes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    nnn
    Socionics
    INFJ None

I think J tend to be more decisive and punctual than P. Please correct me if I am wrong