User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Perhaps it'll make it easier for people to understand if you go back to your first post and put down a summary of everything you've discussed. With a link to the relevant post so they can read more if they wanted to.
    Yup, already done so! I just keep forgetting I should reference it at the bottom of a new post in case people just skip to the last page!

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    She didn't say confused, she said overwhelmed.
    She's told me this before about Vicky Jo's site so I assumed it still was for her. And overwhelming implies confusion as one isn't able to process or overcome all of the info being given/read at the time or their physical/emotional sensations at the time, wouldn't it? From an earlier post of hers in my Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn
    As for Vicki Jo's website, I think it has a LOT of really good information, and I think you've brought up a lot of interesting and relevant discussion points.

[but as for me...reading Vicki Jo's website about half a year ago just confused me more, and even all of your posts....
    Tada!

---------
    All INFP and INFJ depictions that I've made are going to be consistently updated in the OP at the Bottom of the page until I feel my work is done. As well as my reponses to stereotypes mostly in regards against INFPs. :steam: and even unjustly praise for all INFJs (I know INFJs, it hurts to not think we're perfect or to let others know so but we aren't! We're kinda close, okay?! )

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Actually I'd posted something right before this so that should be clearer.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Actually I'd posted something right before this so that should be clearer.
    Ahhh, I missed it as I was writing my response! lol Okie, all clear now! Thanks for participating though, it really made me think of new ways in explaining how I view CP/Type and how I might better explain it for others when I try to do other Types next!

---------
    All INFP and INFJ depictions that I've made are going to be consistently updated in the OP at the Bottom of the page until I feel my work is done. As well as my reponses to stereotypes mostly in regards against INFPs. :steam: and even unjustly praise for all INFJs (I know INFJs, it hurts to not think we're perfect or to let others know so but we aren't! We're kinda close, okay?! )

MBTI
    INFX

DeliriousDisposition,
    Growing up, my mother would be cross with me all the time, suddenly barking
    that I do the dishes or mow the lawn, but with absolutely no question that I
    can pick a convenient time, etc. It used to feel violent to me and so I had a lot
    of trouble looking happy, then I got told OVER AND OVER that I was self-centered. It's a label that crushed me in many ways, because I was just
    afraid of my Mum. I spend my time in fear of my being self-centered. Feel trapped.

MBTI
    INFX

Default label of self-centered always painful cuz of negative connotations in christian

DeliriousDisposition,
    Growing up, my mother would be cross with me all the time, suddenly barking
    that I do the dishes or mow the lawn, but with absolutely no question that I
    can pick a convenient time, etc. It used to feel violent to me and so I had a lot
    of trouble looking happy, then I got told OVER AND OVER that I was self-centered. It's a label that crushed me in many ways, because I was just
    afraid of my Mum. I spend my time in fear of my being self-centered. Feel trapped. To this day, I have trouble dealing with conflict with a tendency towards shutting down disfunctionally rather than addressing the person right there with me. In every such heated argument, I can hear my mother's words again.... "you're so self-centered" etc etc. Maybe I am. How are you supposed to have any self-respect if you are the way you are and you come to see how you are.
    ithurt is online now Add to ithurt's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

MBTI
    INFX

Delirious Disposition,
    other example, when I failed grad school my mum
    said, "Dad and I deserved better than this". In other words, a particular failure in my life had become theirs. I felt extremely wounded by this, but can still hear "you're so selfish" etc. i.e. selfish that i failed them, selfish that my feelings were hurt by them feeling so failed by my failures etc. etc. years of trying to learn
    that my life is my own. by not learning that, i've been
    doing exactly what i want. if i understood better my freedom i think i would care more what others want. it is hard to turn around years of the "self-centered" label.

MBTI
    INFX

DeliriousDisposition

I am not hurt by you. I just want to say that I am a living proof that an INFP does not wish they were self-centered and can feel really bad about it and finds it hard to hear.

MBTI
    INFX

DeliriousDisposition

Can you explain your introverted intution (under stress for example) and how does extraverted feeling support it?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by ithurt View Post
    DeliriousDisposition

I am not hurt by you. I just want to say that I am a living proof that an INFP does not wish they were self-centered and can feel really bad about it and finds it hard to hear.
    I'm glad you're not hurt by me, though I wonder how I could possibly so much as hurt you as we don't know each other.. but I'm still glad! Did you read any of my posts specifically on INFPs? Did it relate to you if so?

I don't believe all INFPs self-centered at all. Did you think I was saying so? I'm also a bit confused as to what you're telling me in regards to my Thread.

But reading all you wrote, I get an INFP view of you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ithurt View Post
    DeliriousDisposition

Can you explain your introverted intution (under stress for example) and how does extraverted feeling support it?
    You can't label the Cognitive Processes under "stress" per se, such as Ni (Introverted Intuition) or Fe (Extroverted Feeling). A person becomes under stress and whichever Type they are will likely display how they access those Cognitive Processes under stress. They'll also likely stick to their first two. INFPs will prefer to use Fi and Ne. INFJs will prefer to use Ni and Fe. If severely stressed, they both shut down to use only their first dominant one (Fi for INFPs and Ni for INFJs).

An INFJ under stress might begin to only concentrate on the "long-term" goal (using Ni) instead of on the short-term goal or vision what they can think of happening w/o regard to the present reality around them. They may try to focus on others (using Fe) more than themselves or try to tell people they're doing fine.

An INFP under stress might begin to focus on how they feel about it (using Fi = Introverted Feeling), and what's the cause of it, in order to understand their situation better. They may try to take the info of others (using Ne = Extroverted Intuition) and just absorb it all, quietly, so they can come to their conclusions on what they might need to do. People might be confused or believe the INFP is being selfish by keeping to themselves or not "opening up" but the INFP is just being careful in figuring out what needs to be understood to them before they try to explain it to others (and it may be hard for them to do, especially if they don't trust the person well enough or there was some hurt by that trusted or should be trusted person, such as family members).

Just two simple examples. Did it help?

------------------------

MBTI
    INFX

Thank you for your reply Delirious.

How exactly would you describe what is going on in your head
    when you use introverted intuition, stressed out or not? It's hard
    for me to imagine although it's probably something common to all
    of us.