Thread: to ENFP males

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default to ENFP males

How do ENFP males show that they like someone?

I've been thrown off by some ENFP males in the past and have a hard time distinguishing general friendliness from interest or like.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

EPs show everything

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

all EP's, or do you mean ExFP's?

i don't know... i've been confused before.

i suppose it's because ENFP's are intense people. they often offer a lot of eye contact, engagement, charisma, friendliness, general interest and attention. but is this just friendly behavior?

i ask as i've had a couple of ENFP's in my radar recently. with both, i felt as though they were attracted, but i have a hard time really telling. i don't know if it's because i'm more shy and perhaps give off a "not interested" vibe, or if i just misread in the first place.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

ENFPs are pretty much like ENTPs, they don't hide things. I know a have a waaaaaaaaay hard time hiding something, not saying something, or acting differently then I want to, or pretending to act not interested. I'm pretty much honest and will say everything up forward even if I don't want to. I think ENFPs are pretty much the same..

I agree with guesswho 100% in the sense that it is difficult for EPs to hide their feelings and that they can be very overt when romantically interested.

However, I do think that the ENFP can also be prone to give-off some pretty confusing signals as well.

I am thinking of my brother. A male ENFP. A few years ago now…he actually prepared 4…(count them)…4 beautiful Valentine’s Day cards for 4…(count them again)…4 different women. When my sisters and I got wind of this…we immediately intervened…asking him…WTF are you doing?

And the interesting thing is…is that he was a total innocent. He wasn’t trying to play these women. He legitimately…(and platonically)…liked these women very much and just got it in his mind that he wanted to give them all Valentine’s Day cards.

We literally had to explain to him that this was a VERY bad idea. That these women would consider this a romantic gesture. And still I don’t think he really got it (but thankfully did not hand out the cards).

My brother is very handsome…and unwittingly charming. He is a political, social and scientific genius…but so oblivious when it comes to women and I think he ends up giving off the wrong signals quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    and he came out of the back to put away some dishes and it felt as though he immediately zoned in on me and smiled and said, "hello."
    Hello again IndyAnna. Umm...can I just say that I am in love with your avatar.

Most of what you described above is neutral in the sense that I cannot ascertain either way if he is just being friendly or if he has some real interest in you. Except for this little bit above. For some reason this stands out to me a little more and I am not even sure if I can explain why. I'll try to think on that.

What I feel more compelled to express is - do not be worried about your nervousness. Obviously I do not speak for all ENFPs...however, I know quite a few of them and none of them would think poorly about you in this regard. The ones I know would most likely consider it endearing.

Either way he seems to notice you. And if you like him...just keep engaging him...nervous or not. Maybe it will lead to a really cool place.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    EPs show everything
    generally true, but you have to know where to look

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan
    i really do have a hard time distinguishing if i genuinely catch his attention, or if he's just doing the whole small town, "hey i recognize you" thing.
    i'm sure you catch his attention. but as for whether he just LIKES you in the way that ENFPs tend to LIKE everybody, or whether he has taken a special liking to you in particular, is very difficult to tell. the best i can say is look for it in the little things - i'd say noticing your car is a good place to start, cause we usually fail at details like that. remembering lots of specific particulars is a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights
    What I feel more compelled to express is - do not be worried about your nervousness. Obviously I do not speak for all ENFPs...however, I know quite a few of them and none of them would think poorly about you in this regard. The ones I know would most likely consider it endearing.
    i actually am kind of put off by people who spill everything really quickly, or who REALLY WANT TO BE MY FRIEND.
    i like people who are puzzles. and i would suspect most NFPs would recognize your nervousness for what it is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

easiest way to tell is probably to try to nail something down with him - meeting up for coffee, telling him to text you, etc. if he actually follows through on it, then he's probably genuinely interested in you.

ps this is cute i hope it works out!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've known a couple of ENFP males and when they like you they stare at you, kind of like ENFP girls do, and sometimes they giggle or try to grab you.

I knew one in high school that was pretty fucking grabby. All the girls were charmed by him, but I was on to him...I swear to god I climbed into the backseat of my friend's car one night and he just...starts trying to make out with me. I guess this usually worked for him.

I find ENFP men kind of girly, they kind of remind me of myself, so I know their tricks, and therefore don't trust them.

Good luck, though, because when they are truly in love they seem to be very sweet.

For others.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

hahaha. i can see what you mean by that with NF males in general. but i've always found the type attractive. i suppose i like soft and smart.
    -John Green