• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ dominated by ESTP????

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ive come to realize who and what I dominate. It's strange, in conversations I'm the leading person for ISFJ and INTj, and i'm neutral with a INTP. When it comes to my ESTP friend...:huh: ...it comes out like she's the dominant one.

Are ESTP's dominant people?

Are INFJ's?

Do you feel dominated by any specific type?

Do you have a neutral (_ _ _ _) friend, that you talk to?

redacted

i can always dominate conversations if they're one on one. i can listen, sure. but if i'm at all interested in something, there's almost no stopping me.

if i'm not interested, then i never dominate, because why would i waste my time?

if the group is slightly larger, though, my ENxP friends tend to dominate.

see, this topic is kinda vague. basically, i can always dominate if i want to, but i don't want to very often, therefore pretty much any extrovert will talk more than i will.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I don't think that one time dominates better than any other, for the most part. Other factors determine how you might become dominating than another type. Such as rearing, self-esteem, self-confidence, depressions, inflated ego etc

I've been told by different people that I'm dominant or shy (b/c I choose not to speak :rolleyes:) or any other things. It's just how I react when I choose to based on how how I'm feeling (+ confident of not being misunderstood) and what I think is appropriate for me/others given the situation.

I will say that when it comes to conversations that if there are numerous ones butting for the limelight, I can get heard but that's b/c I learned when really young, surrounded by supposedly "dominant" types, how to inflect my voice or take advantage of a pause and I come across as 'confident' etc. OTOH, it's also hard to know what to say when the convo is erraticly schizo. Ni can't predict where the convo leads, there's too much "input" coming in and it's hard to gather my thoughts. So, for those types that won't let you speak, it's hard to assert what you want, probably in part if you're not confident and probably in part because you can't focus enough to say what you want.

INFJs like knowing where they stand with whom they stand. If they know a person is excessively dominant, after not standing it much longer, I'd assume they'd want to either find some way(predict) of organizing/helping that friend to stop or find a way/adapt to better come across in being heard. Or give up and feel unappreciated.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I could easily see myself assuming a sidekick role with an ESTP. EXXPs can be great fun to be along for the ride with.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Actually, when I talk with ESTPs, I feel like I'm on exactly equal terms. There are some types that would like to dominate me, namely ENTJs, and the occasional ESFJ, but overall, I never feel all that dominant or submissive to any other type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ESTP, I hate dominating people. Ofc, i'm good at it if I really really have to, in a crisis situation and you have to calm panicked people down by being very decisive etc.

Maybe it's uncommon to not like it, I really just don't know any other ESTP's, strangely enough. If I don't count Whatever :D She's definitely dominating though ;)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I'm ESTP, I hate dominating people.

I find that ESTPs only seem dominant because they talk so freakin' much. Also, there seem to be certain topics (unique to each ESTP) that they know so many random facts about, that it's just hard to keep up.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very true, but we do it not so much for the fact that we love our own voices, it's more about that we love interacting with people, really. :D

Really, this ":D" should be called the ESTP smiley ^^ It looks like me when i've done some kind of bad deed, like when I taped a guy to his chair during lunch break when he had fallen asleep :D

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Really, this ":D" should be called the ESTP smiley ^^ It looks like me when i've done some kind of bad deed, like when I taped a guy to his chair during lunch break when he had fallen asleep :D

You should put that in the Weird Turn Ons thread

If you don't, I will do quote you in there :devil:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really, I don't generally feel horny when i'm happy with that evil glee :D
Evil INFJ ;P Too bad I generally like you guys tho. Otherwise you'd feel my wrath! Like a small tickly feeling, because it wouldn't do much effect over such a long distance that it is from Sweden to Canada :'(

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't try to make people feel like I'm dominating them :cry: usually what appears to be dominant behavior by some introverts on my part is just me talking too much :blush: I talk A LOT in real life if I get excited about a subject, or if I'm bored or etc. (note my post count- it translates into the spoken word too :shock:)

I've had INFJ friends and never felt like I was dominating them! :yes: they were usually the ones who set the topic of the conversation or came up with what we were going to do- I've usually just kind of been the yappy puppy sidekick who kept them amused! :)

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
I've actually know an INFJ-ESTP couple. INFJ pretty much has control over the ESTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) I got the Simpsons reference

:boohoo: but I don't want to kill anyone! :cry: Don't you INFJs realize that you usually have the power over the ESTP?!? :huh: we generally fear making you unhappy :ninja: and we WANT you to like us! :)

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
yeah, some estp's I know are really interested in people likeing them

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, i'm REALLY sensitive to people disliking me. However that depends on their reasons for doing so. If the person in question is bad morally etc, then I love it if they hate and fear me. But if a cuddly little cutie INFJ would dislike me?? Ouch.:cry:

shum

MBTI Type
enfp
i find s's to be the most successful at dominating me. with another n it is just me trying to make them more powerful.