User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ dominated by ESTP????

Ive come to realize who and what I dominate. It's strange, in conversations I'm the leading person for ISFJ and INTj, and i'm neutral with a INTP. When it comes to my ESTP friend... ...it comes out like she's the dominant one.

Are ESTP's dominant people?

Are INFJ's?

Do you feel dominated by any specific type?

Do you have a neutral (_ _ _ _) friend, that you talk to?
    I-83%
    N-68%
    F-68%
    J-68%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i can always dominate conversations if they're one on one. i can listen, sure. but if i'm at all interested in something, there's almost no stopping me.

if i'm not interested, then i never dominate, because why would i waste my time?

if the group is slightly larger, though, my ENxP friends tend to dominate.

see, this topic is kinda vague. basically, i can always dominate if i want to, but i don't want to very often, therefore pretty much any extrovert will talk more than i will.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I don't think that one time dominates better than any other, for the most part. Other factors determine how you might become dominating than another type. Such as rearing, self-esteem, self-confidence, depressions, inflated ego etc

I've been told by different people that I'm dominant or shy (b/c I choose not to speak ) or any other things. It's just how I react when I choose to based on how how I'm feeling (+ confident of not being misunderstood) and what I think is appropriate for me/others given the situation.

I will say that when it comes to conversations that if there are numerous ones butting for the limelight, I can get heard but that's b/c I learned when really young, surrounded by supposedly "dominant" types, how to inflect my voice or take advantage of a pause and I come across as 'confident' etc. OTOH, it's also hard to know what to say when the convo is erraticly schizo. Ni can't predict where the convo leads, there's too much "input" coming in and it's hard to gather my thoughts. So, for those types that won't let you speak, it's hard to assert what you want, probably in part if you're not confident and probably in part because you can't focus enough to say what you want.

INFJs like knowing where they stand with whom they stand. If they know a person is excessively dominant, after not standing it much longer, I'd assume they'd want to either find some way(predict) of organizing/helping that friend to stop or find a way/adapt to better come across in being heard. Or give up and feel unappreciated.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I could easily see myself assuming a sidekick role with an ESTP. EXXPs can be great fun to be along for the ride with.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    OMNi

Actually, when I talk with ESTPs, I feel like I'm on exactly equal terms. There are some types that would like to dominate me, namely ENTJs, and the occasional ESFJ, but overall, I never feel all that dominant or submissive to any other type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm ESTP, I hate dominating people. Ofc, i'm good at it if I really really have to, in a crisis situation and you have to calm panicked people down by being very decisive etc.

Maybe it's uncommon to not like it, I really just don't know any other ESTP's, strangely enough. If I don't count Whatever She's definitely dominating though

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'm ESTP, I hate dominating people.
    I find that ESTPs only seem dominant because they talk so freakin' much. Also, there seem to be certain topics (unique to each ESTP) that they know so many random facts about, that it's just hard to keep up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Very true, but we do it not so much for the fact that we love our own voices, it's more about that we love interacting with people, really.

Really, this "" should be called the ESTP smiley ^^ It looks like me when i've done some kind of bad deed, like when I taped a guy to his chair during lunch break when he had fallen asleep

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Really, this "" should be called the ESTP smiley ^^ It looks like me when i've done some kind of bad deed, like when I taped a guy to his chair during lunch break when he had fallen asleep
    You should put that in the Weird Turn Ons thread

If you don't, I will do quote you in there

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Really, I don't generally feel horny when i'm happy with that evil glee
    Evil INFJ ;P Too bad I generally like you guys tho. Otherwise you'd feel my wrath! Like a small tickly feeling, because it wouldn't do much effect over such a long distance that it is from Sweden to Canada :'(