• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ dominated by ESTP????

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your comment makes perfect sense if the ESTP is surrounded by NF conversation, its just not the natural mode of conversation so they are on the sidelines...BORED.

Can you explain what ESXP people like to talk about? Its difficult to communicate with them in a way that is mutually entertaining. How does their brain work? What (in general) are they interested in?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The ESTP I know is well liked in our school because he has a sort of 'High-energy authentic awesome' vibe. And could survi- thrive in the middle of nowhere. (He's the go-to guy for all things handmade and/or dangerous)

Domination-wise, its more because he does -everything- and is more forward when talking, Body language or no.

(I would feel sorry for the INFJ he has his sights on if she wasn't just as much of a 'doer' as he is.)

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Can you explain what ESXP people like to talk about? Its difficult to communicate with them in a way that is mutually entertaining. How does their brain work? What (in general) are they interested in?

The ESTPs I know are great storytellers and talk a lot about their past experiences, so I ask them about those things. I sometimes attempt to share comparable stories, but I'm considerably more future-oriented and less concrete, so there is a bit of a disconnect there. The best ESTP conversation tactic I have is to bring up experiences we had together, like, "Remember that time..." which can set off a good conversation and ideas for future experiences. I occasionally wonder whether the conversations I have with ESTP friends are more fulfilling for them than they are for me, since sometimes, though I try to avoid it, I end up tuning out. Still, they are funny and fun to be around.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could easily see myself assuming a sidekick role with an ESTP. EXXPs can be great fun to be along for the ride with.

Ever been around them when they turn into a conartist? I'd be interested to your feelings about such corruption..:)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha! You have met a totally different group of ESTPs than me! My dad is ESTP.

I am not going to retort to your comment as I know it was not directed at me, and I said earlier that not all of one type are expected to be the same, and I stick to that.

Me personally, I have alot to say and I don't say it unless it has worth and meaning. I am the one asking others to back up their statements more often than not. Also, I've done enough at this point in my life that I am pretty much conversant in whatever topic comes up, but will not blabber as your friends do if not the expert in the room. An ESTPs real strength is getting dropped into a room of strangers where he/she doesn't know anyone/anything that's going on and figuring it all out.

For instance, I worked for years as a software system analyst. I would arrive at a company that needed custom software built and knew nothing about it, or would need the new application to integrate with all their existing stuff. All of a sudden I'm surrounded by people who outrank me, or as you describe them "higher-ups", and you know what? They are confused and they need help, and they are very nice to me, because I pick up a mrker, go their whiteboard and start asking for the story of where we are, where we want to be, what we're starting with, how much money we can spend, and when we need to get there. And after a few days of conversations the puzzle is solved, their system is being developed, and the higher-ups love me.

I am very respectful and courteous, but I assure you, I back down from no one. I wrote a 5 page letter to my manager's boss about 4 years ago telling him how clusterf&*$ed the account was and that a disaster was about to ensue if he did not intervene and right the ship according to what the database administrator and I stated was necessary to do. You know what? Everyone thought I would get fired, and I didn't, I got respect.

So, Ms. Lauren, maybe your friends need ESTP lessons from me. :devil:

ESTPs and ENTPs often seem indistinguishable..although when asked to put substance behind their talk, this required level of thinking on one's toes involving reasoning is where the two depart and become apparently different.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Ive come to realize who and what I dominate. It's strange, in conversations I'm the leading person for ISFJ and INTj, and i'm neutral with a INTP. When it comes to my ESTP friend...:huh: ...it comes out like she's the dominant one.

Are ESTP's dominant people?

Are INFJ's?

Do you feel dominated by any specific type?

Do you have a neutral (_ _ _ _) friend, that you talk to?

i think it might have something do with your estp friend being your exact opposite and an extravert. they have everythign you dont and they speak first. it is kind of like this for me with esfjs. like all extraverts interpersonal stuff is their arena and they drain me even more than any other extravert. so theyre like my cryptinite. if you could meet the estp on a mental plane or something, then maybe you would dominate.