MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Talking

An INTJ ? Dominated?

How does that fit in to your master plan?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i guess you could say that. to me it feels like, in order to converse, i have to mine them for exactly the few nuggets of information they have that are of interest to me, otherwise i will DIE of boredom. they're not going to just throw something out that wows you or has significance to an nf, except by accident. i find i do this when conversing with most non-ns (sfps excluded). what good are my strange impressions and attitudes when they are in a foreign language to my sparring partner? not fun for either.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by chippinchunk View Post
    Ive come to realize who and what I dominate. It's strange, in conversations I'm the leading person for ISFJ and INTj, and i'm neutral with a INTP. When it comes to my ESTP friend... ...it comes out like she's the dominant one...
    Are ESTP's dominant people?

Yes! We are, but we're well intended, at least me and the ones I know. We are on a mission to operate on our environment for whatever purpose we are serving and to get things done. We talk fast, walk fast, are loud, use our hands when communicating, and generally keep things lively and fun. Interesting someone above noted we ESTPs can run off facts about God knows what, making it more difficult for others to "dominate" conversations with us. BUT, as was also stated above, if I'm not interested in a conversation I will not try and assert myself in it, I will listen until I am bored, and then I will poiltely leave.

Do you feel dominated by any specific type?

Nope! But I have the most fun haggling other extroverts, namely ESTPs or ENTPs. Nothing like a friendly mindscrewing between extroverted thinking perceivers, we think that sh*t is fun! (ESTP smile as YourLocalJesus stated)

P.S. YourLocalJesus, under your avatar it states your type as ENTJ. Have you changed in persoanlity a bit since setting up your profile? Just curious.

Cheers all!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I love ESTPs. They do tend to dominate conversations (or take the lead, at the very least), but they seem to be energetic, refreshing and...well, just fun. ESTPs draw me out of my shell for periods of time, although I will often need a break from their company before too long. It seems like there's less drama with STPs than with SF types among my acquaintances. I don't connect with them on a really deep level, necessarily, but I definitely value what they bring to my life.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Depending on the situation, you can easily dominate over a ESTP. However do not step in their den, EVER. They'll grab you by the collor, they'll f'you and they'll f'you until you're grovelling on the floor screaming like a junkie having a agonizing OD, unless you're sure of your own superior knowledge and advantage. Only an EXTJ's can stand up to an ESTP, in argument interloping in their den.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I DOMINATE YOU ALL.

No..but my submission is a sign of my fancy for you ;-) Really Strong Ts will do it..they make me go all eeyore "thanks for noticin" on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

violaine

Ive come to realize who and what I dominate. It's strange, in conversations I'm the leading person for ISFJ and INTj, and i'm neutral with a INTP. When it comes to my ESTP friend... ...it comes out like she's the dominant one.

Are ESTP's dominant people?
    My father is ESTP, he is extremely domineering in most every way. It is hard to get a word in edgewise with him sometimes. (I love that he is my Dad. I love the example of tenacity and toughness he set, along with a lot of his other qualities.)

Are INFJ's?
    I don't have any desire to dominate someone else. That feels like being responsible for them to me.

Do you feel dominated by any specific type?
    No. I definitely cannot stand to feel controlled for someone's own ends... if someone is too much or manipulative I will push back or remove myself from their presence.

I do feel hostage to my own emotions sometimes which can mean the focus of my attention can feel to me like they have a certain power over me. But if they don't treat me well I won't stay in that situation. I start to feel really rebellious inside if that ever happens and then I usually 'doorslam'.

Do you have a neutral (_ _ _ _) friend, that you talk to?
    I usually find discussions with an INTP friend to be quite even handed without me trying too much or much drama.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I regularly converse with one ENFP and one ESTP, in a group. In conversation, the ESTP can never get a word in. The ENFP always brings up some psychological topic and we begin discussing that and get all excited while the ESTP is looking left out and confused. The ESTP will sometimes interject with a very unfunny joke and the ENFP will just stare at her blankly while I try to look away, embarrassed for her. Then the ENFP and I commence the discussion which is becoming increasingly bizarre by the minute. Finally, the ESTP either leaves or politely asks to change the topic, which eventually will switch over to something she can't keep up with. It's a very interesting dynamic.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I regularly converse with one ENFP and one ESTP, in a group. In conversation, the ESTP can never get a word in. The ENFP always brings up some psychological topic and we begin discussing that and get all excited while the ESTP is looking left out and confused. The ESTP will sometimes interject with a very unfunny joke and the ENFP will just stare at her blankly while I try to look away, embarassed for her. Then the ENFP and I commence the discussion which is becoming increasingly bizarre by the minute. Finally, the ESTP either leaves or politely asks to change the topic, which eventually will switch over to something she can't keep up with. It's a very interesting dynamic.
    Are you sure she's ESTP? Could she be ISTP? Just curious.