User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default NFs and their outrageous opinions!

I was just curious to see if this is mostly an NF thing or if im just a complete ass. So what im wondering is, are all NFs as onpionated, self-confident, and just overtly stubborn as I am or is just an ENFP thing?

Being an ENFP im very big on standing by my principles and oponions, or atleast I thought it was just an ENFP thing. But ive recently come to the realisation after reading many threads about ENFPs and knowing a couple in real life that im overtly onpionated. To the point in which it seems im stubborn, when one of my values or oponions are attacked I refuse to back down. Alot of people I know in life tend to think of my as an asshole and I believe its because of my refusal to not only conform to their beliefs and ideas but completely refuse them. I stand by my decisions till then end, I would rather be wrong and know that I didnt defer in my ideas than conform just to be right.

I also tend to make decision, sometimes stupid ones due to my lack of being able to back down from my own values and principals. In school if I thought a teacher was wrong I told them right out. And if they began to argue with me they would usually just continue to repeat their point just in other words. And I wuold then point this out to them and ask them to elaborate on their thought not just regurgitate bullshit. Needless to say I saw the principal as much as my teachers. This is also a problem with my jobs, if I feel I am not being paid enough and my employer than tells me I have to also do this. Something that doesnt pertain to my job was so ever, then I tend to just either ignore them or tell them right out that I wont do it. I even lost jobs because of this, but in the end im happy know that I stood by my decision.

Is does sound stupid to most of you and im just a crazy stubborn asshole? Or are their others out there that can relate to what im saying?
    SDMF

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ENFP indeed do entertain outrageous opinions, and curiously the most outrageous ones are almost exclusively without an assertion of verifiable fact or theory. So they're not that outrageous afterall, just opinions. Like that..

They don't seem to like to make logical claims, as that's really not their preference, and applying logic has different consequences than what they like. It would be courteous to discuss the validity of a logical point in response to criticism, something they don't want to do. Discussing logic doesn't thrill them. They want to operate on the level of outrageous claims, as they can then use their forward-looking nature in the world of feelings and grand scenarios.

It's like ENTP's what-if brainstorming, but I guess there's a crucial difference. ENTP's brainstorming focuses on Ti, which maintains that everything thought should have some level of plausibility and internal consistency, and not too many intuitive leaps and bouts of imagination to ruin it.

Still, I do sense some kind of underlying logic behind most ENFP's sayings. It's just not expressed in a logical language. It's more like "The environmentalists are god damned mental cases" as opposed to "Their recent proposition would have us cut our rate of energy use by 10%."

If a bunch of people KNOW what they mean behind those statements, I guess they can have a meaningful discussion. I've found it too bothersome sometimes, if the other party refuses to tone down the expressions and to re-state the ideas in something that can be discussed logically. (If the subject is something that is worthy of logical discussion, in my opinion. If it's for entertainment and not for learning, then it's fun to disregard to logic in my opinion, too.)

I think the stubborness is just a result of ENFP not having the logical content of their ideas studied from all aspects. Instead, they have studied it from all emotional aspects, which are more subjective, and thus easier to maintain indefinetily against opposing arguments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfj

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    I was just curious to see if this is mostly an NF thing or if im just a complete ass. So what im wondering is, are all NFs as onpionated, self-confident, and just overtly stubborn as I am or is just an ENFP thing?

Being an ENFP im very big on standing by my principles and oponions, or atleast I thought it was just an ENFP thing. But ive recently come to the realisation after reading many threads about ENFPs and knowing a couple in real life that im overtly onpionated. To the point in which it seems im stubborn, when one of my values or oponions are attacked I refuse to back down. Alot of people I know in life tend to think of my as an asshole and I believe its because of my refusal to not only conform to their beliefs and ideas but completely refuse them. I stand by my decisions till then end, I would rather be wrong and know that I didnt defer in my ideas than conform just to be right.

I also tend to make decision, sometimes stupid ones due to my lack of being able to back down from my own values and principals. In school if I thought a teacher was wrong I told them right out. And if they began to argue with me they would usually just continue to repeat their point just in other words. And I wuold then point this out to them and ask them to elaborate on their thought not just regurgitate bullshit. Needless to say I saw the principal as much as my teachers. This is also a problem with my jobs, if I feel I am not being paid enough and my employer than tells me I have to also do this. Something that doesnt pertain to my job was so ever, then I tend to just either ignore them or tell them right out that I wont do it. I even lost jobs because of this, but in the end im happy know that I stood by my decision.

Is does sound stupid to most of you and im just a crazy stubborn asshole? Or are their others out there that can relate to what im saying?
    ok asshole,

crazy........well your an enfp "enouph said"
    stubborn, lets revert back to the fact that I already called you an asshole
    asshole,.. stop questioning my beliefs..:steam:
    JK

no way Im going to sit here and tell you I dont have opinions about things but my close enfp friend has a VERY idealistic nature. even compared to me.

ENFP indeed do entertain outrageous opinions, and curiously the most outrageous ones are almost exclusively without an assertion of verifiable fact or theory. So they're not that outrageous afterall, just opinions. Like that..
    how enfp of you. I think Santu made some good points. I didnt feel compelled to copy the whole thing or go thru it so...... this is as much as I am going to do

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    I'm opinonated only with few things and I'm stubborn only if somebody violates my right to choose (so always ). So, what you describe might really be ENFP thing (or not, who knows).

I think you have right to have your own opinions! You have a right to be stubborn and you have a right to be self-confident. Don't let anybody define what you should think and how you should be.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have strong opinions but they are only shared when prompted. Otherwise, I tend not to share my ideas too readily. Well, I say that but it's mostly true because I've been out of work for a few months. Since my cats don't talk back, I now see that I've been non-confrontational only due to having a limited audience. ROFL

So, yeah. I am opinionated and get defensive when someone tries to limit me. However, I am also prone to change my stance depending on the moon, temperature or which way the wind's blowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    So, yeah. I am opinionated and get defensive when someone tries to limit me. However, I am also prone to change my stance depending on the moon, temperature or which way the wind's blowing.

I totally recognize myself with the moon, temperature & wind blowing thing!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i have a lot of strong opinions but i usually don't vocalize them. The only time i will usually vocalize an opinion is if someone is trying to get me to compromise my values.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

My brother is an ENFP - he has his opinion like everyone else - but what stands out to me is that when you oppose him for too long - he will demonize you because you are now his enemy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by eyebyte View Post
    My brother is an ENFP - he has his opinion like everyone else - but what stands out to me is that when you oppose him for too long - he will demonize you because you are now his enemy.
    Oh how true lol, if I cant beat them I just alienate them lmao.

Not sure if this is a good thing though.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP

I realize this is an old thread but i wanted to adress it and throw my thoughts on the topic out there.

I am extremly Opinionated... so much so that some people think I am a "know it all"
    Which in reality i dont think is the case.. It just so happens that when i state things its actually fact.

I dont know everything, but i know a lot, and i know enough to comment if asked a question.

I usually get pissed when people call me a know it all, because Im a humble person deep down, but its kind of hard to be humble when you know what your talking about and someone is challenging you.

i guess it comes from us NF's being extremely confident people...i guess it can be perceived as conceit, but i dont see it that way.

or maybe we are just assholes.