User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

You are assholes, but it's okay we're(INFs) insane mutes and angry recluses. See? Everything works out in the long run.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sexist View Post
    I was just curious to see if this is mostly an NF thing or if im just a complete ass. So what im wondering is, are all NFs as onpionated, self-confident, and just overtly stubborn as I am or is just an ENFP thing?
    You're just a complete ass.

I am not opinionated . I am not self-confident. And I am not stubborn.

Nope, I am none of these things.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm "opinionated" I suppose, but most people don't experience that side of me. I would never describe myself as self-confident.

Now, I don't really ever think I have been accused of having outrageous opinions. I consider myself to be a relatively objective person, and I would say everyone that knows me would agree. Don't get me wrong through, I have entertained pretty "outrageous" beliefs. Well, I consider them to be outrageous because other people's responses indicated that.

The best example that comes to mind is when we were all asked a hypothetical question: "If you were stranded on an island and you could choose between having only books or music, which would you choose?" Of course all of my friends answered music while I answered books. They all thought it was pretty weird that I liked books more than music. I told them (more out of defensiveness than actual belief) that I think music has been, is, and will always be inferior to books in every way except for music offers instant gratification, which is for unmotivated lazy people. Hahahaha. Let's just say we had a huge argument about it and I really boiled their water in the process, by calling music "cheap thrills", etc. Every now and then I like to play devil's advocate.

I will admit, though, that I do truly think that books are by far superior, and I do realize it is a very extreme opinion that is easily seen as subjective. I think what separates me (and, from what I understand, INFJs in general) from other NFs is that I realize this. I never try and make arguments based on solely values or beliefs, and I can be very hesitant to even share my values or beliefs with others when asked because I fear I could put a rift between us.

Now I would like to bring up that I have noticed other NFs that constantly verbalize their "outrageous opinions" on a daily basis, and it honestly bothers me how naive they can sound sometimes. I see this more in _NFP's.

Overall, I don't see anything wrong with having your own opinions, but I think some people should be careful about how much they verbalize them. Though you may truly feel that something is true, you're only doing yourself harm by trying to argue something you have no objective argument for. That's just the sad truth about how the "modern" world works. I do think that it is stupid that some people wont even consider ideas that have no palpable proof, especially when it comes to matters on people. Science is too impersonal to fully encompass the complexity of the human person outside of their biology, and I believe that NF's are all naturally attuned to picking up these things that science cannot. I'm not sure if any of these kinds of opinions about people would be considered "outrageous", though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My ENFP friend told me several months back that I'm highly opinionated, but one of the least judgmental people she knows. I can totally be judgmental, but in all but extreme cases, my sense loyalty trumps my tendency to judge. I'm sort of clannish like that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

*shrugs* I can be strongly opinionated on some issues... but people generally never hear me say a word.

Well looking at the responses so far, perhaps NFs are likely to be opinionated?

Although aren't most types opinionated?

Look at all those "I'm always right" INTJs and ENTJs... then there's the INTP and their pet theories. What about those ISXJ and their conventions? Or the stubbornness of XSTPs of doing things their own way because they believe it's the most sensible way?

I dunno... I'm incline to say everybody is opinionated about some things... All type does is perhaps influence what kind of things they feel strongly about.

MBTI
    INXP

Default From an INTP

These rarely fit so closely, but it certainly does in this instance:

"INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves."
    INTP (Engineer) Personality Type (Jung / Myers-Briggs)

I'll choose silence over anything else 99% of the time, unless I'm impassioned to back the corner of something I care about. In this sense, I'd say I'm very practical. Prisoners will not be taken.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You're just a complete ass.

I am not opinionated . I am not self-confident. And I am not stubborn.

Nope, I am none of these things.

Well, I'm all of those things. But I'm also very open-minded. Kind of an oxymoron, but I am usually open to other's opinions.

And then when someone has one that I like, I just become opinionated about that one!

Edit: Glad your thread finally took off, Brother!!! Even if it is a few months late.

MBTI
    GONE

Edit: I take it all back. But I stand by Kenny Rogers...Loggins, any Kenny actually.

It's one thing being judgemental, another thing being stubborn, and a third being argumentative.

All three at once, you are a party waiting to happen.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 05-04-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Geez, semantics people
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

"You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run."

p.s. You're country, you should know Kenny Loggins
    Yeah, you're obviously not. That was Kenny ROGERS who sang "The Gambler".

Kenny Loggins is a rock star who sang "Highway to the Danger Zone", the theme song from the movie "Top Gun". He also sang other famous movie theme songs like "Footloose".

Come on CzeCze, get with the program. Read up on your pop culture history.

MBTI
    GONE

BMS, at least I didn't say, 'You Killed Kenny!"

Gimme some credit here.

And that's true, I'm totally not country!! Hahahaah, I had an ex who was country as hell (from the deep, deep South) and while I loved her family's cooking (she couldn't even eat her mom's chitlins but I ate so much her family made fun of her) nope, I'm not country. Hell, I'm not even country by my birth country's standards.

I do however like the 80s and am separated from Kevin Bacon by a scant 5 1/2 degrees, so my bad.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari