• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] would you like yourself?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't think so. I would be able to see right through me. It wouldn't work.

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd probably think "that guy's an arrogant prick."

But I've known a number of arrogant pricks in my life who I was actually quite fond of.

Since obviously in my case it's justified, I imagine we'd get on rather well.

Climber07

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Maybe. I'm not really sure how I come off to other people. We had to pick a few words to describe our classmates in one of my classes and people chose "patient" to describe me. I think they must have meant lacking personality because the most patient things I can think of are inanimate objects. So I think I wouldn't be memorable enough to be liked or disliked. hehe.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe. I'm not really sure how I come off to other people. We had to pick a few words to describe our classmates in one of my classes and people chose "patient" to describe me. I think they must have meant lacking personality because the most patient things I can think of are inanimate objects. So I think I wouldn't be memorable enough to be liked or disliked. hehe.
A patient ISTP?!
That must be a fearsome sight to behold! I didn't know there was such a thing!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
this may be a weird inquiry...

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...

I believe that really you do meet yourself on a day to day basis. Really you hang out with yourself already when you think about it. I like my own company- meaning that I can be alone or anywhere and be comfortable with who I am- I am pretty open and honest with myself and believe that I am worthy of love and happiness- that I am no better but no worse then anyone else. I even make myself laugh and I don't know how to explain it other then I enjoy my own company and can easily entertain myself.

I think that if one doesn't like themself from a third person point of view like you are talking about- then they wouldn't be able to stand their own company if that makes any sense.

I can tell you right now that I do not like other INFJ's in real life. The reason is a competitive one- I don't like being around people who are too much like me- I have to be different and take pride in it- so if someone is too much like me then I lose a part of my identity I feel, and being an individual and my identity are very important to me. There can only be one Highlander and there can only be one INFJ in the room when it comes to me,lol.

I love Larry David and I believe he is an INFJ- I am a huge fan of his and can relate to him in so many ways and I just love him- but if I were to meet him in person and try to be friends it would never work- I wouldn't be able to stand him nor he with me- I would lose my sense of identity and snese of individuality and that would be too troublesome. I like being around opposites or different people in general because also to me it is more interesting- and novelty is a huge thing to me as well. When around another INFJ in real life- there is no spark- there is nothing there really making an exchange interesting, online is different for some reason- I like INFJ's online just fine as long as it isn't a whole community of them- that's too much for me in an online situation,lol.

CestMoi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, absolutely. I would have loads of fun and probably laugh my head off. It would grow tiresome, though, as I'd always know what she was going to say. Blah.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It might take me more than a day to warm up to myself, but given a little time and providing I didn't have to live with myself, I think we'd be good friends. Occasionally, one of us would take some offhanded comment personally and be prickly and miffed for a few days, but then I/she would get over it and we'd be good again.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I love Larry David and I believe he is an INFJ- I am a huge fan of his and can relate to him in so many ways and I just love him- but if I were to meet him in person and try to be friends it would never work- I wouldn't be able to stand him nor he with me- I would lose my sense of identity and snese of individuality and that would be too troublesome. I like being around opposites or different people in general because also to me it is more interesting- and novelty is a huge thing to me as well. When around another INFJ in real life- there is no spark- there is nothing there really making an exchange interesting, online is different for some reason- I like INFJ's online just fine as long as it isn't a whole community of them- that's too much for me in an online situation,lol.

It's as I said too as I'd get 'jealous' of my doppleganger after a time and would only want semi-basis contact. However I mostly agree with that outside of myself errr with another person who's just similiar like another INFJ :doh: I'd say even with other INFJs I would welcome being around them because even though we may be similiar and think similiarly, we all (all types of people) have different backgrounds/experiences and we observe a host of different things which we choose to on a billion different topics/people/etc. Everything :cry: . If INFJs decide to mesh their ideas to another INFJ considered 'susceptible'/appreciative to the thoughts, I'd assume, we'd come to the same or similiar conclusions and take great comfort in that we're not the only crazy ones ;). I'd wager we rarely get people who 'get us', same with other types regarding a portion of different types. So, I think we'd need/crave similiarity with ideas/passions but need an extrovert (for us I believe it's ENTP or ESTP but ENTP's intution would mimic ours but be focused outward, so I'd believe them better but I digress...)

Anyway, we're introverts so naturally we're going to be inside our heads most if not all of the time anyway so it shouldn't be that much of a threat to us because we're gonna recharge our batteries for some time. :D At the time we meet them, maybe it could be deemed a threat, depending if we stay too long...

I am fiercely independent and highly prize my originality and I hunt for it in others as I feel so alone and clutch it when found *gimme it! :thelook:*. Then organize them further to nurture it if I find it weakly expressed LOL. Finding for the first time other INFJs online is such great comfort for me, as I'm still fairly young by standards w/o experience of all things people/society/world. Though, reading some difference I'm starting to believe some are mistyped as INFPs or another type. Esp. those with those "INFXs" b/c INxJs need "closure in knowing anything and don't like to display outside until known" (so I'd assume all "Js" too) but I digress. *will make new thread on this :D *And, um, yea I've never met another self-professed INFJ so all of the above is assumption :D and based on meeting similiar people just not ascertained as INFJs... cause, you know, we like closure :yes: and like telling people what we like and "nicely" tell them to like what we think is good for them since, we think, they'd realise they like it eventually too. :yes: We just "knew" it before them, perceived arrogant asses that we are by not being able to express how/why we knew it... :blush:

Btw, I read your typo of "snese" of individuality as sneeze of individuality LOLOL. My thoughts immediately spiraled on that with "YES we sneeze out individuality when we want to contaminate people with our considered by "other healthier types" as sick personalities!(and applies to all types), Brrrrrilliant observation! kekeke and then I realised it was 'sense', thought w/e it's still brilliant and it was her Ni mind-linking to my Ni! ............... okie it was more :blush: than anything else, but still brilliant! :devil:

Sorry to OP for steering convo a bit differently , so now to dutifully get back onto point but albiet more romantically...

DOPPLEGANGER DD can kiss my ass because I'd want to be with someone who thinks in patterns almost exactly like me but almost very completely different with regards to external insights and is able to take me places outside of my brain's Central Nervous System's control to keep it all inside *exhale*:devil: Btw, I think most people might want the same yet opposite uh what I said above :doh: Vif la Difference et lif le Similiar!!

:party2:

jamjam

MBTI Type
INFJ
wow, i dont think ive ever started a thread with so many responses. not that its huge or anything, but i feel a bit flattered!

the way i feel today, i would probably slap my self silly, telling myself to enjoy the sun and to socialize a bit more. snap out of it guy! you make me cringe!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It's as I said too as I'd get 'jealous' of my doppleganger after a time and would only want semi-basis contact. However I mostly agree with that outside of myself errr with another person who's just similiar like another INFJ :doh:
You do enjoy writing a lot. ;)

I suppose if you make an exact copy of me I wouldn't be very happy either. Lost of uniqueness as you've been saying before. I think it's something INFJs are concern about much more than other types. Also Having somebody to agree with me is good... but in the end there's not going to be enough back up support. I know some of the stuff I come up with are flawed... if the other person is exactly the same, well the mistakes aren't going to be picked up at all... It's a scary thought how much a single bad interpretation can throw the results a million miles off after a couple of mental iterations. :doh:

If INFJs decide to mesh their ideas to another INFJ considered 'susceptible'/appreciative to the thoughts, I'd assume, we'd come to the same or similiar conclusions and take great comfort in that we're not the only crazy ones ;). I'd wager we rarely get people who 'get us', same with other types regarding a portion of different types. So, I think we'd need/crave similiarity with ideas/passions but need an extrovert (for us I believe it's ENTP or ESTP but ENTP's intution would mimic ours but be focused outward, so I'd believe them better but I digress...)
That part is true though, while similarity is nice. Too much is just plain boring. If two person are exactly the same... you wouldn't be getting enough input... of new ideas etc. Ne dominant works... actually Ti dominant isn't so bad either. Just got to make sure you don't get sucked into never ending analysis.

Though, reading some difference I'm starting to believe some are mistyped as INFPs or another type. Esp. those with those "INFXs" b/c INxJs need "closure in knowing anything and don't like to display outside until known" (so I'd assume all "Js" too) but I digress. *will make new thread on this :D *
Please do. :yes:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
You do enjoy writing a lot. ;)

That part is true though, while similarity is nice. Too much is just plain boring. If two person are exactly the same... you wouldn't be getting enough input... of new ideas etc. Ne dominant works... actually Ti dominant isn't so bad either. Just got to make sure you don't get sucked into never ending analysis.

Please do. :yes:

I know, I plan on being an author LOL within various genres fiction and non-fiction.

I know too much of us (w/e we type) is bad. But I was mainly writing towards ladypinkington's regard of not liking other INFJs in person. And I did say we wouldn't stay around those types, anyway, because we'd be back inside our heads once we got tired or irritated w/e lol. And while Types may be the same, we are ALL different, with different experiences and observations etc. It's nice meshing with your type or another on both similiar and disimiliar views (b/c one INFJ will not like the same as another) in order to both get support and retraction in order to make a good observation that you may be right and wrong. :D

As for Ne, that's one reason why I think our best "type" romantically or in a partnership would be an ENTP. Maybe it'd be a love-hate relatonship too if we couldn't get them to shut up! But I'm pretty sure an INFJ can! lol :devil:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I think I would find myself slightly annoying, I worked with another ENFj and sometimes he would do certain things that would annoy me even if he didn't mean them. I would sometimes ask myself if I annoy people like that too.:cry:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably not.

First of all, I would freak out upon seeing myself. I might even try to remove them.

"THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!"

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably not.

First of all, I would freak out upon seeing myself. I might even try to remove them.

"THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!"

Hah.
It seems typical of you to make jokes out of deliberate literalism.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Considering that I enjoy spending time alone, with only myself for company, I suppose I must like myself well enough.

If I were a second person and I met myself, I think I'd like myself as long as I stayed quiet. Then we could be friends by doing nice quiet things together. I think I'd get annoyed with Me#2 if she was talking too much; I get always annoyed with myself when I hear myself talking too much.

Over all, though, I think both myself and M#2 would prefer the company of a quiet, thoughtful NT.

Bovinity

MBTI Type
INFP
this may be a weird inquiry...

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...

No. Some of the people I've hated most that never did anything to me were because they reminded me of things I didn't like about myself. I think I would feel a strong aversion to a duplicate of myself... I already have the desire to "escape from myself" if that makes any sense.

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
If I met myself I don't know what I'd do. I'm such a strange person that it's hard to get to know me. In fact I dont think I'd even hang out with myself, I can't even have an honest conversation with someone unless I have known them for at least a while.

So, basically, if I met myself on the street, I wouldnt even care to get to know them. I'd be interested maybe, but would be too intimadated to do anything about it.:blush:

And i'm not sure if INFJs could get along with other INFJs. To me it's all about %. If anything, I think I get along better with a T rather than an FJ.