• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] would you like yourself?

jamjam

MBTI Type
INFJ
this may be a weird inquiry...

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
it is ;)

i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

of course :steam: , who likes infj's..... jk one Of my new dearest freinds is an infj.

I cant really tell you what people think of "you" as a person so.. what exactly do you want? I am going to assume you were asking how people saw infj's?... but I am going to wait until you confirm that. :devil:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know about the whole INFJ thing, but I know I'd have a blast hanging out with myself. :party2:

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
I don't know about the whole INFJ thing, but I know I'd have a blast hanging out with myself. :party2:

Did I leave that out of my post.... oh yah thats right. good point, I always try and be energizing to people

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out

That was my thought. I think I'd like myself. I mean, I already like myself, so I have to say I would like myself even if there were a duplicate of me living in another (identical?) body, and I met her (or him? Hypothetically speaking, what if I were reincarnated as a man?).

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know if I would like myself if I met me. Probably not because there should be only one of me around. ;) I would feel dublicated. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I would be able to tolerate me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm sure I'd hate myself, but I'd pretend to like her, because that's what I do. Otherwise I get you shouldn't hate yourself or, you can't love others if you don't love yourself. No I love others but I hate myself. Ok sometimes I hate others but that's not the case at this exact moment in time.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would like her.

I tend to be more trusting and open with women.. I don't feel pressured by them.. so I am extremely accomodating and nice and fun.

Different story with men. I'm a bit cavalier and rude if they get too close!

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I think I'd like me.... maybe not enough to hang out every day and all day, but sure, an occasional friendship with myself could be quite nice. :)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would hope I would like myself. I spend a lot of time alone, lol. ;)

I don't think I would be interested in me as a partner though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me meeting myself would be DANGEROUS! :shock: I'm a bad influence, and I'm also easily influenced by someone else who suggests something that sounds wickedly fun! :devil: I would get in way too much trouble hanging out with me! :rofl1: (this is why I often hang out with Js who think things through before doing them :blush: other than the fact I like them! :) )

I don't think I'd really DISLIKE me- I don't dislike many people and I like people who are easy to converse with :) I'd have a lot to talk about with me, but I might get bored after discovering that I know everything that I know ;)

Not an odd question- kind of funny to think about though! :laugh:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...

It's not weird, I always ask myself that question, especially when I'm behaving badly.

Generally, yes, I would like me if I met me. I believe that I am a likable person in the most basic sense of the word. I work hard to leave neutral to favorable impressions on new acquaintances because I don't know what the future will bring. And I've liked all three of the INFJs I've met. I wonder what would happen if two ENFJs met? One of us would have to back off. I think with two INFJs one of you would have to step up. Pinkpiranha used an excellent word to describe herself and I think it applies to me as well: piquant.

I remember a quote I used to like back in the day during my angsty teenage years. It's from The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.

I don't like myself you know. I love myself. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself.

I just wanted to share. :)

jamjam

MBTI Type
INFJ
it is ;)

I cant really tell you what people think of "you" as a person so.. what exactly do you want? I am going to assume you were asking how people saw infj's?... but I am going to wait until you confirm that. :devil:

overall, i was trying to step out of my own shoes for a moment and observe myself. and yes, as a whole, i wonder how i would feel about other infjs--if i ever met one.

the way i break people down to see whether they are safe, likeable, cool, etc i can usually tell if i will be able to be around them within the first 5 minutes i see them. but if i saw myself in public, with the public persona i normally have on, would i steer clear from myself, like how i normally do from people who have a sometimes strong persona? i think i do have a strong persona in public, depending on the situation (only to cringe of my actions later on) and when that happens, i wish i could reckognise it and slap the nonsense out of me. i hate it when i try to force myself to be funny. i hate it when i find myself too opiniated, trying to be cool, or acting tough, and blaza blaza.

im always looking for transparent people, but i think i find myself to be quite opposite. but then again, these different masks i wear were collected over the years for protection.

at first i felt some kind of pride to know i was a rare male infj--but at the end of the day, i wish i didnt have to feel and think the way i do. its always heavy and too stressful.
btw--is a male infj really that rare?

ignorance is bliss------god what i wouldnt give to be that way...

omg, did i just ramble again? i ramble alot everyone-tending to go off track. sorry.

VAMPIRE LESTAT....
i am a BIG anne rice fan!
sigh....damn melencholic vampires....they need some therapy.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i could definitely be best friends with me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know four INFJ's - three females and one male.

Two of my closest friends are INFJ's. I do have to admit it was a gradual friendship, but I DID like them all along. I've known one for about 6 yrs and the other for about 5, but I didn't become really close to either until the last 2-3 yrs. I think with INFJ's it's the whole thing where we do tend to be more cautious, and it takes a while to really start peeling back some of the layers. Not even that we're necessarily hiding things; it's more that I think there are just a lot of sides to us. And maybe like protean was saying...with two INFJ's, one might have to 'step it up' a bit in order to get things moving.

I recently met another INFJ who I get along with really really well..we just communicate so easily together, because we think and process things very similarly.

Then one of my coworkers is a male INFJ. We were on the same team 5 yrs ago, but we didn't sit near each other and never directly worked with each other, I didn't really talk to him at all, and to be honest I was kind of afraid of him!! But after both of us had some job changes and a year ago ended up being on the same team again, and ended up having cubicles right across from each other, we just started talking and I realized how much we had in common. He's a pretty cool, interesting guy.

At least for me, what I like about my INFJ friends is that communication/understanding is rather effortless. :) And of course I think they're great people too..otherwise we wouldn't have the friendship to begin with!